top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 am

On Friday I was out and about and turned on the radio as I am wont to do. I went to the frequency for the oldies station that I listen to, only to find out that it had undergone a format change without any kind of warning. It's now a "hot country" station simulcasting another station. Cox Radio, which owns both stations, evidently decided to move the country format from a lower-power station to the more powerful one where the oldies format had been. No word as to what will eventually become of the low-power station.

Yesterday morning we arrived at church for the Bible study hour only to find a number of people standing outside and a utility truck parked in the lot. Apparently a transformer blew, and it was right outside the education building. The utility company was working to restore the power but we had our Bible study by the light of the casement windows in our Fellowship Hall (where our classroom is located) and our worship service was sans lights or sound amplification. And no organ, either. Worst of all there was no air conditioning. But we persevered and the service was good, albeit warm. Fortunately a number of us had some "funeral fans" that we had saved from a recent concert that we performed.

Oh, and the reason for the transformer going out?
Spoiler
It was an EVIL SQUIRREL that had done the deed and perished for its miscreancy (if that's not a word, it should be! :lol: ).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:06 am

I hope a prayer was said for the poor martyr to evil squirrels everywhere.....

Of course, if I'd have found out it was a squirrel that blew out our transformer 15 minutes after ort power was retsored after the mega storm 2 years ago, I'd have wrung it's dead little neck.....

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:54 am

earendel wrote:On Friday I was out and about and turned on the radio as I am wont to do. I went to the frequency for the oldies station that I listen to, only to find out that it had undergone a format change without any kind of warning. It's now a "hot country" station simulcasting another station. Cox Radio, which owns both stations, evidently decided to move the country format from a lower-power station to the more powerful one where the oldies format had been. No word as to what will eventually become of the low-power station.

Yesterday morning we arrived at church for the Bible study hour only to find a number of people standing outside and a utility truck parked in the lot. Apparently a transformer blew, and it was right outside the education building. The utility company was working to restore the power but we had our Bible study by the light of the casement windows in our Fellowship Hall (where our classroom is located) and our worship service was sans lights or sound amplification. And no organ, either. Worst of all there was no air conditioning. But we persevered and the service was good, albeit warm. Fortunately a number of us had some "funeral fans" that we had saved from a recent concert that we performed.

Spoiler
It was an EVIL SQUIRREL that had done the deed and perished for its miscreancy (if that's not a word, it should be! :lol: ).
Did you pray for his soul? Or do evil squirrels even have souls?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote:On Friday I was out and about and turned on the radio as I am wont to do. I went to the frequency for the oldies station that I listen to, only to find out that it had undergone a format change without any kind of warning. It's now a "hot country" station simulcasting another station. Cox Radio, which owns both stations, evidently decided to move the country format from a lower-power station to the more powerful one where the oldies format had been. No word as to what will eventually become of the low-power station.

Spoiler
Did you pray for his soul? Or do evil squirrels even have souls?
I think I'll avoid the theological implications of this question in deference to the four-footers among us. However, the idea that a squirrel can be evil implies the ability to make a moral distinction, which is one element of possessing a soul. Further deponent sayeth not.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."