earendel's "North to Alaska" trip - Day 9

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

earendel's "North to Alaska" trip - Day 9

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:05 am

The travelogue continues...

The ninth day of our trip was an "off" day - we were to spend the day in Dawson and had no excursions planned. It was just as well we didn't, because I had gone to bed with a scratchy throat and woke up with my nose stuffed to the rafters, and a full-blown sore throat. I was pretty much wiped out and so I spent this day in bed, taking over-the-counter medications and hoping that (a) I would get better and (b) I hadn't passed whatever it was along to someone else on the tour. Since I was in and out of consciousness the whole day elwing decided to explore Dawson to see what it had to offer, and she reported that there wasn't much to see. She learned of an opportunity to go to a gold dredge but since we were scheduled to see one later on the trip she decided not to do that. By evening I was beginning to recover, which gave me hope that our next travel day would not find me out of it in the back of the bus.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

Re: earendel's "North to Alaska" trip - Day 9

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:55 am

earendel wrote:The travelogue continues...

The ninth day of our trip was an "off" day - we were to spend the day in Dawson and had no excursions planned. It was just as well we didn't, because I had gone to bed with a scratchy throat and woke up with my nose stuffed to the rafters, and a full-blown sore throat. I was pretty much wiped out and so I spent this day in bed, taking over-the-counter medications and hoping that (a) I would get better and (b) I hadn't passed whatever it was along to someone else on the tour.
Probably a delayed reaction to eating a bad Subway footlong.

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:23 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

The ninth day of our trip was an "off" day - we were to spend the day in Dawson and had no excursions planned. It was just as well we didn't, because I had gone to bed with a scratchy throat and woke up with my nose stuffed to the rafters, and a full-blown sore throat. I was pretty much wiped out and so I spent this day in bed, taking over-the-counter medications and hoping that (a) I would get better and (b) I hadn't passed whatever it was along to someone else on the tour.
U bad boy.

bad

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:34 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

I get that reaction when I eat a good one.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.