My roller-coaster week

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Jeemie

My roller-coaster week

#1 Post by Jeemie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:30 am

What a difference 8 days makes!

Last week, I was facing who knew how many job cuts.

A couple of days ago we were told it would be just two in my group here in the US.

Today I now know that I have an interview for a position in another group that's three grade levels above mine, AND my boss tells me it's highly unlikely that my job will be one of the two cut.

Of course, I had to tell him about this interview (company rules require you tell your supervisor when you go on an internal interview), so that better not change things! (I don't think it will).

So- not out of the woods yet, but what a week it's been!

Thanks to everyone who sent kind wishes/thoughts my way during this time!
1979 City of Champions 2009

earendel

Re: My roller-coaster week

#2 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 am

Jeemie wrote:What a difference 8 days makes!

Last week, I was facing who knew how many job cuts.

A couple of days ago we were told it would be just two in my group here in the US.

Today I now know that I have an interview for a position in another group that's three grade levels above mine, AND my boss tells me it's highly unlikely that my job will be one of the two cut.

Of course, I had to tell him about this interview (company rules require you tell your supervisor when you go on an internal interview), so that better not change things! (I don't think it will).

So- not out of the woods yet, but what a week it's been!

Thanks to everyone who sent kind wishes/thoughts my way during this time!
Sounds promising, jeemie. Best of luck with the interview and, should that not work out, on keeping your current position.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: My roller-coaster week

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:10 am

Jeemie wrote:Today I now know that I have an interview for a position in another group that's three grade levels above mine, AND my boss tells me it's highly unlikely that my job will be one of the two cut.
Lots of luck, Jeemie!

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:49 am

Well, I'm glad to see you have some ups! My roller coaster is on Infinite Plummet these days. Ick.

Do I look different? My Netscape just up and died, taking the inbox and addresses with it. This post is editing a bit differently from what I'm used to. One of the last emails I got was a Nigerian scam, with a twist. It was a very plausible stranding story from a real friend of my husband's who is in a monastery and would likely be doing missionary work overseas, but we get a ton of stuff from him and it was all wrong. He never BCC's everyone--the address list at the top is usually longer than the message itself. The signature contained a very likely nickname (like if a guy was named Campbell, people would call him Soup) that he never uses, but someone would guess he would. Stuff like that. So I called the monastery and asked where he was, and the lady said if he was in Nigeria he got there awfully quickly because she just saw him yesterday. She was going to find him and tell him his email was either hijacked or cloned.

So, if you get a message from me that I'm stranded in Botswana, ignore it. I'm just trying to get away from it all for a while...

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 am

I love it when things turn around.

Great work!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:56 am

minimetoo26 wrote:So, if you get a message from me that I'm stranded in Botswana, ignore it. I'm just trying to get away from it all for a while...

Well, nobody ever sends me any of those Nigerian scams, so I doubt I'd get any of your S.O.S. messages either.

Not that I'd respond anyway.... :P

lb13

minimetoo26

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:59 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:So, if you get a message from me that I'm stranded in Botswana, ignore it. I'm just trying to get away from it all for a while...

Well, nobody ever sends me any of those Nigerian scams, so I doubt I'd get any of your S.O.S. messages either.

Not that I'd respond anyway.... :P

lb13
Yeah--I don't send email in the middle of the night! :P

Did you see Prison Throw before midnight last night (or 11 your time)? The EggMan you were standing on was Rain Man. He says the little guy looks like an egg...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:05 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Yeah--I don't send email in the middle of the night! :P

Did you see Prison Throw before midnight last night (or 11 your time)? The EggMan you were standing on was Rain Man. He says the little guy looks like an egg...
After a day full of crummy games, I decided to try out some of the other fine games on the Monkey site.

I had fun trying to kill off the world's population in the Pandemic game, but those damn Greenlanders came up with a cure before I could wipe them out. I did learn that 10% of the world's population must live in Greenland, though.... well, actually they are 100% of the world's population now (heh, heh, heh!)....

lb13

minimetoo26

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:08 am

My kids are fond of Spank the Monkey and Moron Marathon. Also Stinky Bean Fling. They say Kitten Cannon is a cheap version of Prison Throw.

Fluffy McFluffenstein or whatever it's called is totally sick and cruel, so they love it. I stick at games, so I pick one and stick with it.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:10 am

I also tried the Pigeon's Revenge game, but that's not the easiest one to play when your mouse is a piece of crap that moves only when it actually wants to...

I was surprised at how many dumb games they had. I had high hopes after you showed me Prison Throw....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:11 am

minimetoo26 wrote: He never BCC's everyone--the address list at the top is usually longer than the message itself.
If that BCC list contains other addresses from his address book, then something has infected his computer and is using that address list to target their spam. He should take the appropriate steps to exorcize it. :evil:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:11 am

And playing God's Playground, then coming back to the Bored to see that the Lord Himself registered as a BB was quite a creepy experience...

lb13

minimetoo26

#13 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I also tried the Pigeon's Revenge game, but that's not the easiest one to play when your mouse is a piece of crap that moves only when it actually wants to...

I was surprised at how many dumb games they had. I had high hopes after you showed me Prison Throw....

lb13
Hey--it's free! Whadda ya want fer nuttin'?

My kids also have The World's Crappiest Mouse, so they play the Impossible Quiz 2 on my computer. Sadly, I bought the mouse while buying school supplies, so it's maybe two months old. They eat mice. Or mouses. Or meece.

If you try Moron Marathon, you'll see why I'm dreading having to buy them a new keyboard, too....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 am

minimetoo26 wrote:If you try Moron Marathon, you'll see why I'm dreading having to buy them a new keyboard, too....

Sounds promising. I'll go up to the cable company and ask if they have any of those WTVT® keyboards left over before I try it...

lb13

minimetoo26

#15 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote: He never BCC's everyone--the address list at the top is usually longer than the message itself.
If that BCC list contains other addresses from his address book, then something has infected his computer and is using that address list to target their spam. He should take the appropriate steps to exorcize it. :evil:
Well, since BCC is blind, I don't know who was on the list. But on an old email from him there were about 40 addresses, so who knows...

minimetoo26

#16 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:And playing God's Playground, then coming back to the Bored to see that the Lord Himself registered as a BB was quite a creepy experience...

lb13
Is that the one where you chase away the zombies with a Bible? With a gun hidden inside? My son's friend plays that. Sick.

And, speaking of MM, were you Ixnay on the Ickenchay? I have to confess that was my favorite MM, as bizarre as it was. Or because it was bizarre....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:And playing God's Playground, then coming back to the Bored to see that the Lord Himself registered as a BB was quite a creepy experience...

lb13
Is that the one where you chase away the zombies with a Bible? With a gun hidden inside? My son's friend plays that. Sick.
No, you get to strike down people with a giant hand, lightning, fire tornadoes, nukes, etc. It was just as advertised, a great stress reliever, but got pretty monotonous and pointless after a while....

minimetoo26 wrote:And, speaking of MM, were you Ixnay on the Ickenchay? I have to confess that was my favorite MM, as bizarre as it was. Or because it was bizarre....
No, but I hope whoever it was picks that one back up before the parade. I think I've got my MM stable back up to 25 or so (I've already posted with 21 of them), so only about 150 more to go....

lb13

minimetoo26

#18 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:And, speaking of MM, were you Ixnay on the Ickenchay? I have to confess that was my favorite MM, as bizarre as it was. Or because it was bizarre....
No, but I hope whoever it was picks that one back up before the parade. I think I've got my MM stable back up to 25 or so (I've already posted with 21 of them), so only about 150 more to go....

lb13
Ha ha! My favorite isn't you! :P :P :P