QoD Rules

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

QoD Rules

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:37 am

1. Have Fun!

2. You can bitch about the QoDMeister all you want. It probably won't do you any good, though.

3. Answer must be completely contained within a single posted Reply to the QoD thread.

4. No Cheating! This means no looking at others' answers prior to posting your own. I will put quite a bit of Spoiler Space (If I remember) in the Question Post. You are encouraged to use the Spoiler tag to hide your answers. If you are found to be cheating under this Rule or under Rule #13, you will be disqualified from the November QoD.

5. No Editing your answers. If you hit Submit before you mean to, just take your lumps. If you violate this Rule, your answer will not be counted for that day. If you violate this Rule a second time, you will be Disqualified from the November QoD.

6. [RESERVED FOR FUTURE EXPANSION]

7. For each Question, you must provide correct responses to ALL parts to receive any credit.

8. Each QoD will be worth 10 Points.

9. The first 5 players to provide complete and correct responses will earn a Time Bonus in a decreasing scale. i.e., the first Correct response will get a 5 point Bonus for a total of 15 points. Second gets 4 Bonus points, etc.

10. The QoDMeister will attempt to vary the time of day that the QoD is posted to avoid favoring any particular "shift." A "Day" shall be defined as starting at 12:00:00 Midnight Central Time and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. Central time.

11. A Question will be open until 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time the day after it is posted. This means that if a question is posted at 7 a.m. Monday, players have until 11:59:59 p.m. Tuesday to answer. Friday QoD's will be open until 11:59:59 p.m. the following Monday.

12. There is no 12.

13. Outside Sources are permitted, however, the QoDMeister reserves the right to declare particular sources off-limits on Particular questions. (e.g., The QoDMeister may declare that WikiPedia and/or imdb is verboten for a question.

14. The QoDMeister reserves the right to amend and/or supplement these Rules at any time.

15. HAVE FUN!

ADDENDA:

16. QoDs will be posted each weekday, Monday through Friday. There will be no QoDs on weekends.

17. The QoDMeister may give Humor Points, but you may not receive correct answer points and humor points for the same QoD.

18. The QoDMeister will not try to trick you. If an answer seems obviously correct, it most likely is.
Last edited by TheCalvinator24 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

mrkelley23

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 am

You forgot to use the phrase "throughout the universe" anywhere in here. Who's writing your rules, anyway?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

TheCalvinator24

#3 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 am

mrkelley23 wrote:You forgot to use the phrase "throughout the universe" anywhere in here. Who's writing your rules, anyway?
The Law Firm of Dewey, Cheathem, & Howe
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

TheCalvinator24

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:54 am

ADDENDUM:

QoDs will be posted on Mondays-Fridays. I'm taking weekends off (which should help with keeping enough questions and not getting behind on scoring).

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:You forgot to use the phrase "throughout the universe" anywhere in here. Who's writing your rules, anyway?
The Law Firm of Dewey, Cheathem, & Howe
I've used that law firm for many years. Which explains why people don't want me to host Lyrically Speaking anymore. :lol:

DevilKitty100

Re: QoD Rules

#6 Post by DevilKitty100 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:21 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:1. Have Fun!

2. You can bitch about the QoDMeister all you want. It probably won't do you any good, though.

3. Answer must be completely contained within a single posted Reply to the QoD thread.

4. No Cheating! This means no looking at others' answers prior to posting your own. I will put quite a bit of Spoiler Space (If I remember) in the Question Post. You are encouraged to use the Spoiler tag to hide your answers. If you are found to be cheating under this Rule or under Rule #13, you will be disqualified from the November QoD.

5. No Editing your answers. If you hit Submit before you mean to, just take your lumps. If you violate this Rule, your answer will not be counted for that day. If you violate this Rule a second time, you will be Disqualified from the November QoD.

6. [RESERVED FOR FUTURE EXPANSION]

7. For each Question, you must provide correct responses to ALL parts to receive any credit.

8. Each QoD will be worth 10 Points.

12. There is no 12.

13. Outside Sources are permitted, however, the QoDMeister reserves the right to declare particular sources off-limits on Particular questions. (e.g., The QoDMeister may declare that WikiPedia and/or imdb is verboten for a question.

14. The QoDMeister reserves the right to amend and/or supplement these Rules at any time.

15. HAVE FUN!

I just love getting hit over the head with a hammer and then told to have fun.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: QoD Rules

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:24 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:I just love getting hit over the head with a hammer and then told to have fun.

I miss TR too....

lb13