Auburn vs. Tennessee Tech

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mikehardware

Auburn vs. Tennessee Tech

#1 Post by mikehardware » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:00 am

I don't post much, but as a proud graduate of Tennessee Tech, I just had to point out that TTU scored 52 points in their game last week!
Of course, their opponent (Samford) scored 59.

So this week's matchup against #16 Auburn ought to be interesting, in the "watching a train wreck" meaning of the term.

http://www.ttusports.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=46

Go Golden Eagles!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:46 pm

We'll see....the way Auburn's been playing this year, it has to be a team in the top 5 before we decide to show up for the game.

Please don't ruin our homecoming.

fuzzywuzzy

#3 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 pm

kayrharris wrote:We'll see....the way Auburn's been playing this year, it has to be a team in the top 5 before we decide to show up for the game.

GO TIGERS!

This weekend is Homecoming for the Jayhawks in Lawrence, KS, we play the Nebraska Cornhuskers....OOOh, this is gonna be good! :D

Broadcasted on Fox Sports Net at 12:30 pm est.

(BTW, I work for the University system in Kansas City, KS.)

I am not going to the game, however, I will be traveling thru Lawrence on my was back from Manhattan. I am giving SAT tomorrow at K-State.

Anyone's child taking it this weekend?

Good luck to all BBs favorite college football teams! :P

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:07 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
kayrharris wrote:We'll see....the way Auburn's been playing this year, it has to be a team in the top 5 before we decide to show up for the game.

GO TIGERS!

This weekend is Homecoming for the Jayhawks in Lawrence, KS, we play the Nebraska Cornhuskers....OOOh, this is gonna be good! :D

(BTW, I work for the University system in Kansas City, KS.)

I am not going to the game, however, I will be traveling thru Lawrence on my was back from Manhattan. I am giving SAT tomorrow at K-State.

Anyone's child taking it this weekend?

Good luck to all BBs favorite college football teams! :P

fuzzy
Expect to hear a rebuttal from appa23. :lol:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Yes, Kansas-Nebraska is the longest continuous football rivalry in the nation (Uninterrupted since 1906, tommorrow will be the 102nd straight game).

Nebraska also was riding a 36 game winning streak against Ku until 2005(Noteworthy becuase the current record holder, Notre Dame over Navy, is at risk of having around a 40 game streak snapped this weekend).

Times, they have a' changed.

Things are split in my household. Wife is a KU fan, as she comes from a KU family. (How much -- her cousin has a KU Mascot head, and her Colorado-raised husband had to make an oath on the head prior to their wedding, regarding the upbringing of the children.)

Our kids have NU and KU gear. I will understand if they want to wear the blue tomorrow.

I wish that I still had faith in Cosgrove and Callahan's coaching abilities. :evil:

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:47 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:This weekend is Homecoming for the Jayhawks in Lawrence, KS, we play the Nebraska Cornhuskers....OOOh, this is gonna be good! :D

Darn, GW will be ticked. We've got plans and will be out of the house for most of the day. She's a KU graduate, and we seldom get to see the KU games. The local sports networks would rather show a couple of rinky-dink non-entity eastern colleges going at it rather than a highly ranked and much more interesting KU team (football or basketball, doesn't matter).

No one gets between her and the TV during March Madness.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

andrewjackson

#7 Post by andrewjackson » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Appa23 wrote:Yes, Kansas-Nebraska is the longest continuous football rivalry in the nation (Uninterrupted since 1906, tommorrow will be the 102nd straight game).
I think you have forgotten a qualifier along with your extra "m".

Lafayette and Lehigh have played every year since 1897.

They also played every year from 1884 to 1895 but they had an argument in 1896 and no game.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Appa23

#8 Post by Appa23 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:16 pm

andrewjackson wrote:
Appa23 wrote:Yes, Kansas-Nebraska is the longest continuous football rivalry in the nation (Uninterrupted since 1906, tommorrow will be the 102nd straight game).
I think you have forgotten a qualifier along with your extra "m".

Lafayette and Lehigh have played every year since 1897.

They also played every year from 1884 to 1895 but they had an argument in 1896 and no game.
Well, I meant real, big boy football. (Division I) :lol:

Yes, I seem to have added an extra m in my haste. Thanks for noticing. :)

ne1410s

#9 Post by ne1410s » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 pm

Knox College (Galesburg, IL) and Monmouth College (Monmouth, IL) will play their 120th game tomorrow. The fight over the coveted Bronze Turkey has been going on since 1928.

Go Siwash!!

I'm sorry: Go Prairie Fire just doesn't do it for me. Knox went from Siwash to Prairie Fire in 1993.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

mikehardware

#10 Post by mikehardware » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Final score:

Auburn 35
Tennessee Tech 3

That wasn't too bad, Tech had some good plays, and a few other opportunities to score (but they threw an interception and fumbled). Just glad they survived.

But I know who I'm going to root for in the Iron Bowl this year :D

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:32 pm

mikehardware said:

But I know who I'm going to root for in the Iron Bowl this year

Let's see, are you out for revenge....or maybe you're just rooting for a nice friend you know will be there wearing orange and blue??

mikehardware

#12 Post by mikehardware » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

kayrharris wrote:mikehardware said:

But I know who I'm going to root for in the Iron Bowl this year

Let's see, are you out for revenge....or maybe you're just rooting for a nice friend you know will be there wearing orange and blue??
I'm usually neutral, but I'll root for Auburn this year, since they were nice enough to give Tech a big check and let their subs play a bunch.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#13 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Well, thank you. We need all the help we can get this year. :!:

mikehardware

#14 Post by mikehardware » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:58 pm

kayrharris wrote:Well, thank you. We need all the help we can get this year. :!:
You're welcome. I remember Tech football from when I was on campus (the late 70s) and Evel Eagle was the mascot. (He wore the eagle outfit with a cape and rode a minibike around - even jumped over several school buses. OK, they were toy school buses, but it was cute.) They were pretty bad back then. I think they went 0 for 3 years in the early 80s.

mikehardware

#15 Post by mikehardware » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:30 am

And an interesting take on the game from the Cookeville, TN newspaper.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/NF/omf.wn ... 044+cr=gdn

AUBURN, Ala. -- Two turnovers inside the Auburn 10-yard line in the fourth quarter wiped out scoring chances for Tennessee Tech, and the Golden Eagles couldn't overcome those mistakes against the 16th ranked FBS team in the nation. Tech dropped a 35-3 contest to the Tigers in front of the largest crowd in Ohio Valley Conference history.

Auburn's Homecoming attendance of 85,754 watched as the Tigers struggled to move the ball on the ground against Tech's defense, but 259 passing yards and two touchdowns through the air -- plus a 93-yard interception return -- helped the home team improve to 7-3 overall.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#16 Post by kayrharris » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Well, that was our entire 3rd string in the 4th quarter. They may have struggled a bit.

fuzzywuzzy

Jayhawks on ABC this Sat 11/10/07 at 8:00 pm est

#17 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 am

gsabc wrote:

Darn, GW will be ticked. We've got plans and will be out of the house for most of the day. She's a KU graduate, and we seldom get to see the KU games. The local sports networks would rather show a couple of rinky-dink non-entity eastern colleges going at it rather than a highly ranked and much more interesting KU team (football or basketball, doesn't matter).

No one gets between her and the TV during March Madness.
Gordon! Mrs. gsabc must be over the moon! KU 76 NU 39.

The KU vs. Oklahoma State game will be on ABC this Saturday at 8:00 pm est.

I am paying homage to the jayhawks...I have them on my desktop!

Its amazing...and they are for real!

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland