Al Gore takes descisive action

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Chicken Little
Merry Man

Al Gore takes descisive action

#1 Post by Chicken Little » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Al Gore does what is necessary
EARTH—Former vice president Al Gore—who for the past three decades has unsuccessfully attempted to warn humanity of the coming destruction of our planet, only to be mocked and derided by the very people he has tried to save—launched his infant son into space Monday in the faint hope that his only child would reach the safety of another world.

"I tried to warn them, but the Elders of this planet would not listen," said Gore, who in 2000 was nearly banished to a featureless realm of nonexistence for promoting his unpopular message. "They called me foolish and laughed at my predictions. Yet even now, the Midwest is flooded, the ice caps are melting, and the cities are rocked with tremors, just as I foretold. Fools! Why didn't they heed me before it was too late?"

Al Gore—or, as he is known in his own language, Gore-Al—placed his son, Kal-Al, gently in the one-passenger rocket ship, his brow furrowed by the great weight he carried in preserving the sole survivor of humanity's hubristic folly.

"There is nothing left now but to ensure that my infant son does not meet the same fate as the rest of my doomed race," Gore said. "I will send him to a new planet, where he will, I hope, be raised by simple but kindly country folk and grow up to be a hero and protector to his adopted home."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:54 pm

I love that!

Also, I happened to notice in a sidebar that a new store is opening for Fanny and Sunflower. No mention is made of prospective coupons.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Store-for-Fa ... -Sunflower

Edited to note: Well, the personalized tinyurl didn't work exactly the way I wanted!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Al Gore takes descisive action

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Chicken Little wrote:Al Gore does what is necessary
EARTH—Former vice president Al Gore—who for the past three decades has unsuccessfully attempted to warn humanity of the coming destruction of our planet, only to be mocked and derided by the very people he has tried to save—launched his infant son into space Monday in the faint hope that his only child would reach the safety of another world.

"I tried to warn them, but the Elders of this planet would not listen," said Gore, who in 2000 was nearly banished to a featureless realm of nonexistence for promoting his unpopular message. "They called me foolish and laughed at my predictions. Yet even now, the Midwest is flooded, the ice caps are melting, and the cities are rocked with tremors, just as I foretold. Fools! Why didn't they heed me before it was too late?"

Al Gore—or, as he is known in his own language, Gore-Al—placed his son, Kal-Al, gently in the one-passenger rocket ship, his brow furrowed by the great weight he carried in preserving the sole survivor of humanity's hubristic folly.

"There is nothing left now but to ensure that my infant son does not meet the same fate as the rest of my doomed race," Gore said. "I will send him to a new planet, where he will, I hope, be raised by simple but kindly country folk and grow up to be a hero and protector to his adopted home."

Yada yada yada. Everyone talks about the weather and nobody does anything about it. Good for Al. I hope the new planet has plenty of gratuitous weather and few hanging chads.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm

I always wondered why you never saw Al Gore and Brando in the same room at the same time.
Jaybee

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Al Gore takes descisive action

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:20 pm

I wonder if he included some snacks, you know, in case Kal-Al gets the munchies.

Al Gore
Merry Man

#6 Post by Al Gore » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Infant son!?!? Dammit, Tipper doesn't tell me anything anymore....

rayxtwo

#7 Post by rayxtwo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 am

Al Gore wrote:Infant son!?!? Dammit, Tipper doesn't tell me anything anymore....
She was mad at you for building a rocket ship for only one and not all three of you, you moron.

Ray

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 am

rayxtwo wrote:
Al Gore wrote:Infant son!?!? Dammit, Tipper doesn't tell me anything anymore....
She was mad at you for building a rocket ship for only one and not all three of you, you moron.

Ray
What was the carbon footprint of that rocket?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Four Hour Stiffy
Merry Man

#9 Post by Four Hour Stiffy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
rayxtwo wrote:

Ray

I don't know about Al, but my rocket ain't shooting out carbon....
BOOOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:01 am

Four Hour Stiffy wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
rayxtwo wrote: She was mad at you for building a rocket ship for only one and not all three of you, you moron.

Ray

Well- umm...actually, it is.
1979 City of Champions 2009

NellyLunatic1980

#11 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:03 am

Four Hour Stiffy wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
rayxtwo wrote: She was mad at you for building a rocket ship for only one and not all three of you, you moron.

Ray
At your age, Senator, your rocket is shooting out dust.