Greatest American Dog on TONIGHT (Wednesday) at 8 pm

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
JBillyGirl

Greatest American Dog on TONIGHT (Wednesday) at 8 pm

#1 Post by JBillyGirl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Apparently they moved the show. Just in case anyone here is planning on watching, regardless of the number of feet they have.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, JBillyGirl! I was able to catch the episode this week. Ironically, the TV listings are saying that 5th Grader doesn't have an episode on tomorrow night, either, so I could have seen it then.
Spoiler
Poor Leroy (the Australian Sheepdog) having an owner like that! However, while I'm sad for him, I'm happy that the judges slammed that "snarl band" trick that the owner got from the WE/WE contestant. :twisted:

You gotta admit that Leroy really was "angry" while most of the other dogs were just acting for their assignments.

christie1111
11:11

#3 Post by christie1111 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, JBillyGirl! I was able to catch the episode this week. Ironically, the TV listings are saying that 5th Grader doesn't have an episode on tomorrow night, either, so I could have seen it then.
Spoiler
Poor Leroy (the Australian Sheepdog) having an owner like that! However, while I'm sad for him, I'm happy that the judges slammed that "snarl band" trick that the owner got from the WE/WE contestant. :twisted:

You gotta admit that Leroy really was "angry" while most of the other dogs were just acting for their assignments.
I agree but
Spoiler
I really thought the 'snarl band' owner should have gone home. The dog could have stayed, the owner was terrible.

And as much as I liked Tillman, how did his owner not have a better lazy picture? The cameraman had 30 perfect lazy pictures. And I did think sneeky should have won. That was particularly well done.

In the overall, I would like the Brittany to win. My godparents had a mom and her 2 daughter. Great dogs!

But only because there isn't a beautiful brownhound in the competition!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 am

christie1111 wrote:
Spoiler
I really thought the 'snarl band' owner should have gone home. The dog could have stayed, the owner was terrible.
Spoiler
Yeah. If they'll show us the videotaped evidence of her lies for its entertainment value--"He didn't mind the band at all! He was having fun!"--they should have shown the judges that tape, too, as grounds for immediate dismissal.

I'd also like that owner to have mentioned the WE/WE who gave her the band, so they could be dragged out together! :twisted:

elwoodblues

#5 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Do I still need to spoilerize this? I will anyway.
Spoiler
The photo shoot was a no-win situation for the bulldog. Lazy was too easy, and any of the other words would have been too hard. But the woman who put the bands in her dog's mouth absolutely, positively should have been the one to get the boot. I will still watch the show, but it jumped the shark last night.