Too early, too early!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
nitrah55

Too early, too early!

#1 Post by nitrah55 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 am

XM Radio has a Christmas music channel up now.

"Holly" at 103. Currently, Josh Groban with "O Holy Night."

Like we're not going to hear that 24 times a day in December.

Yeesh.
I am about 25% sure of this.

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:32 am

AccuRadio also has their Holiday section up and running. And I agree, too early!
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:36 am

Target and Sam's Club both had their holiday crap out before Halloween.

Emma and I went to Macy's yesterday to find a dress for her to wear to a funeral. They were already bringing in reindeer to decorate the mall.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:52 am

The holiday radio stations are an evil that needed to be killed off before they even got off the ground a few years ago....

The only thing disturbing on the retail front (Like Christmas displays haven't been out after Labor Day for years now) is the shift to move the Black Friday sales to the weekend after Halloween this year. THAT, even I will admit, is overkill. But I still maintain that the best thing to boost the economy for the holiday season would be to move Thanksgiving back to the third Thursday of November (It is already too close to Christmas as it is)...

lb13

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Too early, too early!

#5 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:06 pm

nitrah55 wrote:XM Radio has a Christmas music channel up now.

"Holly" at 103. Currently, Josh Groban with "O Holy Night."

Like we're not going to hear that 24 times a day in December.

Yeesh.
I agree it is too early...

However, don't hate me, I already purchased my Christmas cards. I was in Target getting Halloween stuff, and I saw the ones that I was going to get last year. So...I bought them! Until we stop the war! My cards say..."Peace on Earth"

Unfortunately, since Thanksgiving is on Nov 22, 2007...you are going to be inundated with Christmas stuff from now til...well, you know!

fuzzy :?
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

Ebeneezer Beast
Merry Man

#6 Post by Ebeneezer Beast » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Early? It is ALWAYS too early for all this Christmas rubbish! I may as well get an early start on grousing about this horrible time of the year...
Bah! Humbug!

fuzzywuzzy

#7 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Ebeneezer Beast wrote:Early? It is ALWAYS too early for all this Christmas rubbish! I may as well get an early start on grousing about this horrible time of the year...
My favorite version of A Christmas Carol is the one with ...Alastair Simm! He was the BEST Scrooge!

BTW, new avatar is from my parents christmas card in 1963...my bro is on it too, but, I don't think he would want me to post a pix of him (when he was really a cutie!) on the internet.

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Ebeneezer Beast wrote:Early? It is ALWAYS too early for all this Christmas rubbish! I may as well get an early start on grousing about this horrible time of the year...
Well, you know I'm still bogged down with haunting TPTB, so you'll get no interference from me! :)

Kazoo65

RE: Toe early

#9 Post by Kazoo65 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm

We've got a radio station that originates in Grand Rapids (about 45 minutes north of here) that will start playing holiday music in the next couple weeks and go straight up to Christmas Day. If you think THAT's bad, here in Kalamazoo, the annual holiday parade is TOMORROW MORNING. That's right-a holiday parade on the 3rd of November-before Thanksgiving!
I'm just a game show nerd.