Annie have you seen this?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Annie have you seen this?

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:29 am

Remarkable!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#3 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:46 am

I have seen that, and I am very happy to see it again. I came so close to being that dog, leg-wise, and although some of my best friends are two-footers, I'm glad I didn't have to be one.

My goofy little sister has knocked me down when I have two good legs, one pretty-good one, and a fourth that usually works well as a support. I'd have to really work on my game if I had only the good ones when she wanted to play-fight!

That said, I'm less than impressed that the two-footed dog can't figure out how to get past those thin wires to get into his girlfriend's yard. I could have figured out that part in two seconds flat.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

MissDenise
Four-Footer

#4 Post by MissDenise » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 pm

missanniecamaro --

That is because you go to college.

The Other Redhead goes to college at night, you know. When she comes home, I let her rub my neck because it makes her feel better.

Your friend, Miss Denise