I thought the medical profession was a science...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

I thought the medical profession was a science...

#1 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am

but I guess there's a little art in everything.

Last Saturday, everything in the Rexer household was abnormal as usual, Mrs. Rexer & Annie were out when it was time to go to Molly's soccer game, so I took her, and right as we got to the field, she complained of a severe pain in her right hip. I thought she had strained something, so gave her a "put on your game-face" type talk, and rubbed her hip when she came out. No more problems with the hip until yesterday. She couldn't even get out of bed because of the pain. We go to the pediatrician, he does a few tests, and tells us Molly needs x-rays and three types of blood tests. They get partial results yesterday, call us and direct Molly to stay out of school today, because she might have an infection(?). They get more results this morning, call us to see how Molly is doing, and tell us that if she has no fever and no hip pain, she can go about her normal schedule. But, if she develops fever, or is limping or refusing to stand on her leg, she is to go to the emergency room immediately.

I trust her doctors and lab folks, and I know they are doing the best they can given the time constraints, but this is a little too much on the nerve-racking side.

This parenting gig...but for the unbounded love you receive, you can have it.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 am

So did they explain the partial results, besides that it "might be an infection"? Do we have to call Dr. House's team in on this? (Not that Molly would want to become one of their guinea pigs, if she could help it.)

Hugs for Molly!

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:50 am

Ouch! I hope it's just bursitis.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:52 am

Gosh, rexer, I am sorry. That is not the kind of advise you want from the doctor.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:53 am

I hope when they said "infection" they just meant like a cold in your leg or something. How frightening.

We await up and hopping sort of posts.
Well, then

Rexer25

#6 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:55 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:So did they explain the partial results, besides that it "might be an infection"? Do we have to call Dr. House's team in on this? (Not that Molly would want to become one of their guinea pigs, if she could help it.)

Hugs for Molly!
Yesterday the doctor gave me a quick run-through of some of the potential problems. The one the doctor thought was highest on the probability list was that she had been fighting off an ear infection, and sometimes in kids this age, it leads to a secondary infection around one or both hip joints. I can't remember the name, but I bet it could be googled. I have no idea what it might be if it's not the secondary infection thing.

That'll be $10, please.

Rexer25

#7 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am

I just realize I left out two important points:

B. Molly is up and running around today, upset she's not at school because today is Golden Eagle celebration day, where the kids that don't act up too badly and too often get to celebrate their goodnessousity;

III.A.b.2.r I am pretty sure it is not a staph or strep type infection. The painful area is not swollen or discolored or yucky or gross or icky.

That'll be $10, please.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#8 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:02 pm

I send wet kisses and snuggles to Miss Molly. (That always helps my mom feel better.) In addition, I am sending good picture thoughts about Miss Molly to the back of St. Tigger's eyelids. Tigger seems to have good connections in the Other Place.)

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.