Gunnery Sergeant Ulysses

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

Gunnery Sergeant Ulysses

#1 Post by Here's Fanny! » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Reminds me of an Eternal Question:

Does anybody actually keep watching after Private Pyle blows his brains all over the walls of the head?

And, of those who do, do they actually keep watching after the Me So Horny scene?

And, of those who, why?
Spoiler
I'm darned good and ready.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Gunnery Sergeant Ulysses

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Here's Fanny! wrote:Reminds me of an Eternal Question:

Does anybody actually keep watching after Private Pyle blows his brains all over the walls of the head?

And, of those who do, do they actually keep watching after the Me So Horny scene?

And, of those who, why?

Animal Mother: What do I think about the U.S. involvement in the war? We should win it.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:06 pm

And, of those who, why?
I saw "Full Metal Jacket" in the theater, and I have never walked out on a movie. I remember Private Pyle blowing his brains out, but I don't remember the Me So Horny scene.

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#4 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:43 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:

And, of those who, why?
I saw "Full Metal Jacket" in the theater, and I have never walked out on a movie. I remember Private Pyle blowing his brains out, but I don't remember the Me So Horny scene.
I'd watch the whole thing in a theater, but I meant when you're at home watching for free with a remote close at hand.

Because the first part of that movie is so great (probably in my top 10) and the second part, once Vincent d'Onofrio and R Lee Ermey depart, is so blah. I guess Matthew Modine just can't hold the interest in comparison to the aforementioned pair.

The Me So Horny Scene is when they've arrived in Vietnam and the prostitute is walking across the street to Nancy Sinatra. She goes to a table with Private Joker and I can't remember (Private Cowboy, maybe?) and gives the me so horny speech (although not nearly as well as Cartman) and then some guy on a motorbike steals their camera off of their table.

I think that scene is only memorable because of 2 Live Crew's take on the line, plus it's right after the head (no, the other kind, people!) scene.
Spoiler

Here's Fanny!
Peekaboo!

#5 Post by Here's Fanny! » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:45 am

ulysses5019 wrote:

And, of those who, why?

Animal Mother: What do I think about the U.S. involvement in the war? We should win it.
Okay, you've acceptably answered the third question. AM is the best thing in the 'other part' of the movie.
Spoiler

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:48 am

Here's Fanny! wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:

And, of those who, why?
I'd watch the whole thing in a theater, but I meant when you're at home watching for free with a remote close at hand.

Because the first part of that movie is so great (probably in my top 10) and the second part, once Vincent d'Onofrio and R Lee Ermey depart, is so blah. I guess Matthew Modine just can't hold the interest in comparison to the aforementioned pair.

The Me So Horny Scene is when they've arrived in Vietnam and the prostitute is walking across the street to Nancy Sinatra. She goes to a table with Private Joker and I can't remember (Private Cowboy, maybe?) and gives the me so horny speech (although not nearly as well as Cartman) and then some guy on a motorbike steals their camera off of their table.

I think that scene is only memorable because of 2 Live Crew's take on the line, plus it's right after the head (no, the other kind, people!) scene.

Not too many memorable quotes after they get to Vietnam. Not many quotes suitable for the bored before they get there.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:03 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
Here's Fanny! wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: I saw "Full Metal Jacket" in the theater, and I have never walked out on a movie. I remember Private Pyle blowing his brains out, but I don't remember the Me So Horny scene.

Not too many memorable quotes after they get to Vietnam. Not many quotes suitable for the bored before they get there.

I didn't think we had any standards here....

lb13