What a day

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

What a day

#1 Post by kayrharris » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Last night I attended a semi annual get together the company has to keep moral up and just a general thank you for hard work during the year. I didn't have one drink of alcohol...I had club soda and lime.

Driving home, I put my cell phone in my car cup holder like I always do. Keeps it from falling or sliding all over the place. It was about a five minute drive. When I got home, I realized I had put my phone in a cup with about 3 inches of melted ice and coke in it. I took it apart and put it in front of a fan all night. Put it back together this morning. It turned on, Chapman's little photo shows up, all my icons are there, the bluetooth in my car works fine. I have everything but service!! One hour at the cell phone store and nope, it can't be something simple like a bad SIM card....so I leave with a new Blackberry Pearl. Fortunately, this is a phone that is backed up on your computer, so I got everything back with a click. Of course, I was 3 months shy of my free upgrade, but I managed to sweet talk them into giving it to me now since I've been with them forever (loyalty should count for something), I always pay my bill on time, every member of my family has service with them, I could go on and on.

Anyway, got home at 11 and had promised I would babysit. Natalie wanted her birthday dinner tonight. So I had a 7 month old, a 2 year old from 11AM until 6:30PM. I had to make a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, a roast that had to cook for 5 hours for French Dip sandwiches, green beans and mashed potatoes (enough for 8 adults).

They're all gone now, the kitchen is cleaned up and I'm exhausted.
I have already told them there will be no Sunday dinner at my house tomorrow. In fact, I've already made reservations at the country club
for 12:30.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Just a comment, it's certainly been a sort of a quiet, strange kind of day around here.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:05 pm

I slept late and had breakfast out.

I worked hard enough later at the paper to earn it, but there it is.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:42 am

It has been quiet. And now you woke me up. At least it's not an ad for Timeline.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 am

kayrharris wrote:Just a comment, it's certainly been a sort of a quiet, strange kind of day around here.

Not quite record quiet (14 posts on Saturday May 13, 2006), but definitely it was quite quiet.....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:29 am

kayrharris wrote:Just a comment, it's certainly been a sort of a quiet, strange kind of day around here.
People were outside enjoying their weekend? Shocking! :lol:

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
People were outside enjoying their weekend? Shocking! :lol:
Nope--we were waiting for the Moratorium Lounge to open up...