Yesterday's mail gets me in dutch with the wife!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Yesterday's mail gets me in dutch with the wife!

#1 Post by frogman042 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 am

So I 'm out yesterday looking for some of them new fangled devices that let you preserve what comes across the telly when my wife, Leslie, calls saying I got a card from Millionaire and she wants to know if she should open it. So I say sure. Busted big time! It's a personal note, handwritten, signed 'XOXOXO Meredith'. Boy did I have to do some fast explaining. I think she bought my explanation that we were 'just friends'!

---Jay
Last edited by frogman042 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

Re: Yesterday's mail gets me in dutch with the wife!

#2 Post by AlphaDummy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 am

frogman042 wrote:So I 'm out yesterday looking for some of them new fangled devices that let you preserve what comes across the telly when my wife, Leslie, calls saying I got a card from Millionaire and she wants to know if she should open it. So I say sure. Busted big time! It's a personal note, handwritten, signed 'XOXOXO Meredith'. Boy did I have to do some fast explaining. I think she bougjt my explanation that we were 'just friends'!

---Jay
Picture this:

A BB ends up spending a weekend in NYC due to some, uhh, "unforeseen circumstances".

Some of us might take in a play.

Some of us might do a bit of sightseeing.

Some of us might check out a museum or a nice restaurant.

On the other hand, some of us............ :twisted:

Been enjoying your narratives thus far! Looking forward to
Spoiler
more.
Spoiler
At the appropriate time.
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Re: Yesterday's mail gets me in dutch with the wife!

#3 Post by frogman042 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:44 pm

AlphaDummy wrote:
frogman042 wrote:So I 'm out yesterday looking for some of them new fangled devices that let you preserve what comes across the telly when my wife, Leslie, calls saying I got a card from Millionaire and she wants to know if she should open it. So I say sure. Busted big time! It's a personal note, handwritten, signed 'XOXOXO Meredith'. Boy did I have to do some fast explaining. I think she bougjt my explanation that we were 'just friends'!

---Jay
Picture this:

A BB ends up spending a weekend in NYC due to some, uhh, "unforeseen circumstances".

Some of us might take in a play.

Some of us might do a bit of sightseeing.

Some of us might check out a museum or a nice restaurant.

On the other hand, some of us............ :twisted:

Been enjoying your narratives thus far! Looking forward to
Spoiler
more.
Spoiler
At the appropriate time.
Well, if you recall my trip report, I did say on Sunday my wife was not feeling well and that I unsuccessfully went out to play 'trivia'. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

---Jay

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:54 pm

I had that exact same problem when my wife opened the package that contained the mail order novelty devices....

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#5 Post by sunflower » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:04 pm

I got the same thing last season. Worst part was, she wrote the amount that I won, so I couldn't show anyone. So I'm telling everyone how nice Meredith is and that I got a card from her, but I had to wait 6 months to show everyone!!