Come on Edouard!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Come on Edouard!

#1 Post by BackInTex » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:52 pm

We need some rain.

Not so much the wind, so be gentle.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:59 pm

I do believe we'll be getting us some rain. Should be interesting which way it wavers. Our lawn is pathetic.
Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Beebs52 wrote:I do believe we'll be getting us some rain. Should be interesting which way it wavers. Our lawn is pathetic.
We got a pretty good downpour today. The yard is good until Tuesday.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 pm

What is this "rain" of which you speak? I have heard ancient legends of moisture that fell from the sky by magic, but I think my life has not yet been long enough to see such astonishment with my own eyes.

It's 106 at the moment. I'm a wee bit snarly about that.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

andrewjackson

#5 Post by andrewjackson » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:36 pm

The computer models are all aiming right at Houston. And there is some discussion of Edouard making the jump to hurricane status by Tuesday.

It could be interesting.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 pm

andrewjackson wrote:The computer models are all aiming right at Houston. And there is some discussion of Edouard making the jump to hurricane status by Tuesday.

It could be interesting.
Do you look at The Weather Underground site? It's interesting since it has all the links and what all, but also some blogs where some people are knowledgable about meterology, have some cool uploads, but mainly fairly up to the minute liveblogging of what's going on. Faster than the NHC site sometimes.

This storm at least hasn't made us wait around for a week in panic. Just possible short panic.
Well, then

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 pm

andrewjackson wrote:The computer models are all aiming right at Houston. And there is some discussion of Edouard making the jump to hurricane status by Tuesday.

It could be interesting.
Cool. I'm expecting to get the go ahead from the doctor to return to work on Tuesday (my visit is tomorrow and I will get these frickin' staples out). An extra day off work not charged to sick time will be welcomed.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:

It could be interesting.
Cool. I'm expecting to get the go ahead from the doctor to return to work on Tuesday (my visit is tomorrow and I will get these frickin' staples out). An extra day off work not charged to sick time will be welcomed.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:01 pm

I'll try one more time. What is going on with this place.

Yay for staple removal. Don't drive. Hopefully we'll have non-floodworthy water but just enough to require you to stay home.
Well, then

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by etaoin22 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:29 am

In this corner of the world it has been raining three days out of four since May; farmers fields are waterlogged, and a genuine flash flood knocked the dickens out of the sewers in the East End.

NASCAR ran on "wet" tires; (not just wet tires, tires designed for the wet), apparently never done. The tires were seven years old, they said, and the opportunity to use had never had been present.

I would take a 40 degree celsius day. I will be getting rain and 19 celsius by the end of the week.

OH:

And if the durn thing is "Edouard" and not "Edward" I believe it will make its way to Quebec somehow

andrewjackson

#11 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 am

Beebs52 wrote:

It could be interesting.
Do you look at The Weather Underground site? It's interesting since it has all the links and what all, but also some blogs where some people are knowledgable about meterology, have some cool uploads, but mainly fairly up to the minute liveblogging of what's going on. Faster than the NHC site sometimes.

This storm at least hasn't made us wait around for a week in panic. Just possible short panic.
Weather Underground is my weather website of choice. The regular weather stuff is great and fairly accurate but all the other stuff, hurricane included, is what puts it on top for me.

andrewjackson

#12 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 pm

Some businesses in Houston are closing at 3 and re-opening on Wednesday. I just talked to the secretary of the judge here in Houston that would making the decision for the courthouse here.

She predicts that he will be here tomorrow morning and that if he can make so should everyone else.

He was the one who said we should honor the memory of President Ford on the National Day of Mourning by coming to work.

andrewjackson

#13 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 pm

They just announced the federal courthouse here in Houston will be closed tomorrow morning. But that it might open back up at noon.

We have a number to call to check on the status.

So I get to sleep in!!!!!!!!!!!

And then on Wednesday,

"I'm going back to Indiana
Indiana here I come
I'm going back to Indiana"

No baby from there but I'm still going back for a family visit.

TheConfessor

#14 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Post subject: Come on Edouard!
Was that the name of the less successful follow-up single released by Dexy's Midnight Runners?

So far we've had clouds and about 12 rain drops. They keep saying it will be very wet soon, but I'm still waiting.

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
Post subject: Come on Edouard!
Was that the name of the less successful follow-up single released by Dexy's Midnight Runners?

So far we've had clouds and about 12 rain drops. They keep saying it will be very wet soon, but I'm still waiting.
It was perfect for us. A little wind and some much needed rain. That is all.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#16 Post by frogman042 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm

On the radio in Austin around noon today it said 40% chance of rain this afternoon, 100% this evening - what happens if it doesn't rain this evening? Couldn't they say 99 and 44/100% chance, just to give them a little wiggle room?

My son's soccer practice, which is tomorrow morning, it has already been canceled - so I guess they believe the reports.

---Jay (Number of days/nights of rain for Noah + Number of people on the Ark + the number of each 'clean' animal that should have been brought aboard == number of days to go)

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#17 Post by secondchance » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:57 am

BackInTex wrote:

It could be interesting.
How's your recovery been going, Tex? Did you end up going back to work?

Hope the weather's been kind to all in that area!

TheConfessor

#18 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 am

Still nothing here. A few drops, but not enough to make a puddle.