Weekend camping

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
danielh41

Weekend camping

#1 Post by danielh41 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm

We went tent camping this past weekend, and we learned a valuable lesson: buy an air mattress. We took this feather thing that my wife bought to go on top of our king size bed, figuring that it would provide enough of a cushion between ourselves and the hard ground. We were wrong. I don't think we slept much Saturday. But we had a blast anyway. The campground we went to had two pools, and we spent most of our time there...

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Weekend camping

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:04 pm

danielh41 wrote:We went tent camping this past weekend, and we learned a valuable lesson: buy an air mattress. We took this feather thing that my wife bought to go on top of our king size bed, figuring that it would provide enough of a cushion between ourselves and the hard ground. We were wrong. I don't think we slept much Saturday. But we had a blast anyway. The campground we went to had two pools, and we spent most of our time there...
ThermaRest pads, and even the cheaper knockoffs, work great -- they self-inflate some as soon as they're unrolled, then you add a few more to fill it up and you're done. SteelersFan packed in both his ThermaRest and a foam pad when we backpacked in over the long Independence Day weekend, and boy was he comfy. Casey kept worming her way off her pathetic miserable little towel (what she woulda said, if she could talk) and onto his ThermaRest.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller