Joint cracking??

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
sunflower
Bored Hooligan

Joint cracking??

#1 Post by sunflower » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm

I have never had an issue with joints cracking. I never cracked my knuckles and only occasionally would a knee or elbow or ankle crack.

For maybe the last 4 or 5 days, my right ankle and right knee have been cracking like crazy. Especially when I get up from a seated position, my knee will go first and then my ankle and each will crack a few times just in walking down my hallway.

My right wrist is also cracking periodically.

Again, all of this is significantly more than normal and seems odd that it is on one side of the body and in these 2/3 spots. THere is not really any pain, just a bit of a sensation at the moment of the cracking.

Does anyone have any insights? I know arthritis can be signified by cracking but does it just come on full force overnight???? I didn't do anything (that I remember) that would have caused this.

Also, used some ice tonight just to see if it would help. Still cracking, and now cold too!! I figured I'd ask here but I may be at the doctor in the next couple of days if it keeps up.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#2 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Do the joints hurt when they crack?

The noise comes when little bubbles pop in the synovial fluid in your joints. I read that in a book. The book said that it doesn't mean there's anything wrong.

I don't know why you'd have bubbles on only one side, though. Maybe your hearing is just better in the ear on that side. Or maybe you have been sitting funny.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm

I wish I could help you. Advil would help arthritis, but I would think you would also be having some pain.

We have a couple of left coast doctors that might see this later and give you some insight. Googling indicates it could be caused by several different
things.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:11 am

Is your name Rosie?

Cracklin rosie, get on board
Were gonna ride till there aint no more to go
Taking it slow
Lord, dont you know
Have made me a time with a poor mans lady.......
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 am

Mine crack all the time - especially on the elliptical.

I have never been worried.

I heard that it is only a problem if you have pain at the same time.