I know I am lacking...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

I know I am lacking...

#1 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 pm

in certain social skills and knowledge of technological advances, so I must ask...

whaddya gotta do to make chat work?!?!???!?!!!?!?

Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Did you just click on chat at the top? It's working fine for us.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#3 Post by Rexer25 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 pm

Yeah, I click on chat, and a new window opens up. There a blue bar across the top that says "Chat" in orange, then some space, and then across the bottom it says "Use of IrCQ-Net is subject to the IrCQ-Net Terms of Use and the ICQ Terms of Service". All of this is in a smaller box at the top of the new window. Under the box is a copyright line. Nothing is clickable except "IrCQ-Net Terms of Use" & "ICQ Terms of Service".

Hey, wait a minute...are you all using IE? I'm in firefox right now.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#4 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:00 am

Rexer25 wrote:Yeah, I click on chat, and a new window opens up. There a blue bar across the top that says "Chat" in orange, then some space, and then across the bottom it says "Use of IrCQ-Net is subject to the IrCQ-Net Terms of Use and the ICQ Terms of Service". All of this is in a smaller box at the top of the new window. Under the box is a copyright line. Nothing is clickable except "IrCQ-Net Terms of Use" & "ICQ Terms of Service".

Hey, wait a minute...are you all using IE? I'm in firefox right now.
I'm not sure if we have the same problem, but after Mr. Tubadave did the chat thing, and after I received an update from Firefox yesterday, I couldn't get back on this site using Firefox. Everything would freeze when I tried.

I noticed on IE that my Java icon appeared when I logged onto this site. SO, that made me wonder if perhaps it was a Java issue. I searched on Mozilla, and I found that there is a conflict w/ the most recent version of Firefox and Java. It recommended uninstalling Java, and then installing the new version.

SO...my problem may be different than yours (or Christi1111's ????) but it is at least something you might want to consider.

Best of luck to you!

Cindy

Edited to add: I'm on Vista, though I'm not sure that makes a difference.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:39 am

Nothing to add to this discussion, but I want to comment on Cindy's new avatar.

That looks like a cat with attitude! 8)

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#6 Post by tubadave » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:03 am

FYI, issues that people may or may not have with the Chat feature could be due to Java problems (go to www.java.com for the latest versions) or problems with Flash (the free player and plug-ins can be found at www.adobe.com).

If anyone is actually having trouble accessing the site or logging in, that could be due to the security upgrades I made recently. Contact me directly (Christie, I'll be replying to you shortly) and we'll get it figured out. If it becomes too much of a problem, I may scale back the security upgrades a bit. I had only intended them to affect new registrations, not logins from established users.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:44 am

Cindy, I installed the latest Firefox update as well and had no trouble with chat. I'm using Windows XP and not Vista.

A few last night couldn't use Firefox and had to go through IE to get there.
We're not sure what the key is or why it works for some and not others.

Some logged in chat and were automatically a "guest" and had to go to preferences to change their name. No rhyme or reason for that either.

But we had fun and I stayed up way too late (just like I used to). :D

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#8 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:11 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Nothing to add to this discussion, but I want to comment on Cindy's new avatar.

That looks like a cat with attitude! 8)

That would be the king around here, Nero! I think he feels that all photos taken of him are good ones, but that this one especially shows his regal-ness.

Yes, he has attitude. If I looked like that, I would too. ha

Yesterday, he was caught twice playing with the puppy and having a grand ol' time. The puppy must be softening him.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#9 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:14 am

kayrharris wrote:Cindy, I installed the latest Firefox update as well and had no trouble with chat. I'm using Windows XP and not Vista.

A few last night couldn't use Firefox and had to go through IE to get there.
We're not sure what the key is or why it works for some and not others.

Some logged in chat and were automatically a "guest" and had to go to preferences to change their name. No rhyme or reason for that either.

But we had fun and I stayed up way too late (just like I used to). :D

I was so bummed when I got here late! I saw that all of the festivities were being talked about further down the Bulletin Bored page. Just to be sure though, I logged in to chat to see if there were any PajamaParty Leftovers.... Alas, everyone had bailed.

:cry: