Worried about my job

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
JBillyGirl

Worried about my job

#1 Post by JBillyGirl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Sorry to burden the board with such stuff, but I'm kind of worried about my job right now. I wrote a more detailed note about it and posted it on the Yahoo board, hoping to be less conspicuous (but not realizing my post would be e-mailed out to people). I don't know if I'm freaking out over nothing, but basically I good use whatever good vibes you've got. Thanks.

BackInTex

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:34 pm

You got 'em! Hang in there...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Worried about my job

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:18 am

JBillyGirl wrote:Sorry to burden the board with such stuff, but I'm kind of worried about my job right now. I wrote a more detailed note about it and posted it on the Yahoo board, hoping to be less conspicuous (but not realizing my post would be e-mailed out to people). I don't know if I'm freaking out over nothing, but basically I good use whatever good vibes you've got. Thanks.
Hang in there, kid. I know it will all werk owt. Even the best of us make misteaks. --Bahb
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vails

#4 Post by Vails » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:44 am

Vibes from DC, JBG. You're great!

Jeemie

#5 Post by Jeemie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 am

I know what you're going through as it's happening to me right now.

Things are looking brighter, and here's sending vibes they will look brighter for you too. And what's going on with you is under your control- remember that!
1979 City of Champions 2009

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:51 am

JBillyGirl wrote:Sorry to burden the board with such stuff
What else are we here for?

Everyone makes mistakes. As long as you're working to fix them and to not repeat them, you're doing all you can.

Maybe go watch "The Devil Wears Prada" this weekend, and review that fax Meryl Streep sends out at the end.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#7 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:32 am

I read your message over on Yahoo. I'm sorry that you have this going on in your life right now. My thoughts are with you.

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:36 am

JBillyGirl wrote:Sorry to burden the board with such stuff, but I'm kind of worried about my job right now. I wrote a more detailed note about it and posted it on the Yahoo board, hoping to be less conspicuous (but not realizing my post would be e-mailed out to people). I don't know if I'm freaking out over nothing, but basically I good use whatever good vibes you've got. Thanks.
Yahoo groups people have their accounts set up to have posts emailed to them or not. It's not your fault.

Best wishes on the job front.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Catfish

#9 Post by Catfish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Sorry to hear this, Jess. I PM'd you a more in-depth response, which also appears on Yahoo. Hang in there.

Love,
Catfish

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#10 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Good vibes and best wishes are heading in your direction, JBG. You've had job concerns in the past, but you've always come through them in good shape, and I am confident that you will do that again.

marrymeflyfree

#11 Post by marrymeflyfree » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Good luck and good vibes to you, Jess...I haven't seen the Yahoo post, but whatever it is I hope it resolves smoothly. None of us are perfect people, but admitting oopses and working to fix them says a lot about your character.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#12 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:11 pm

I am very sorry that you are going through this. I hope that your job situation improves.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:32 pm

Hang in there kiddo.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:26 am

Job problems are something I can really relate to.....

I read your post on the other Bored, and from what I understand of it, the current problem has to do with something you did in the past. If that's the case, they should be a bit sympathetic to you. Most bosses aren't looking for reasons to fire people, and the more time they spend with you, the more it means they see some promise in you. They've invested time and money in you, and the fact they're willing to work with you indicates that they still see a future for you.

Above all, be positive, especially when you're on the job. People around you pick up on positive energy. They also pick up on negative energy and if you walk around looking behind your shoulder all the time, the bosses will notice that.

Things usually have a way of working out for the best one way or another. And know you've got a lot of people here pulling for you.

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:09 am

The best thing you can do - not just to keep your job - is to discover what had you make the mistake(s) and put in the correction. Let all concerned know what you learned and how you fixed it and intend to keep it fixed. That is really what people are interested in - learning from mistakes and not making the same one(s) again.

Don't just hang in there - climb the rope.

mellytu74

#16 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:18 pm

JBG --

Don't let the anxiety of not doing well (or your perception of not doing well) take over. That probably would just make things worse.

How have things been on previous mprojects you've managed?

If they've been better, go back and look at what's gone well with them. Look at the recent mistakes and learn from them. Kind of a compare an contract -- what's different this time.

As Pea said, show them that you ARE learning from these mistakes.

And, if it's REALLY not a good fit, start looking for that new job now.

If it's a branch of editing/publishing that's not a good fit, then that just means that there's another branch of editing/publishing that's better for you.

You're in my thoughts.
Melly

JBillyGirl

#17 Post by JBillyGirl » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:04 pm

You guys are the greatest. I'm steeling myself for anything tomorrow and trying my best to follow your advice and think positively and productively. Keep appendages crossed for me!