Transcript 11/02/2007 - Rania Nasreddine (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/02/2007 - Rania Nasreddine (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:03 am

Rania Nasreddine
Tulsa, OK
Lawyer

Rania has handwriting on her hand. Meredith asks if she's cheating. Rania says no, they are notes from her family. One says, "Calm", reminding her to relax. The second says, "No stupid" - it's her mother's advice to walk away if she doesn't know the answer. The third says, "Just have fun", a message from her sister.

Rania used her ATA lifeline yesterday.

$1K - "From Oakland to Sacktown...the Bay area and back down" is a line from a Tupac Shakur hit titled what?

A - Michigan Love
B - Texas Love
C - California Love
D - Pennsylvania Love

Rania sings her answer.

$2K - Literally meaning "head-to-head", a tete-a-tete is a what?

A - private conversation
B - prolonged kiss
C - fierce rivalry
D - clumsy accident

$4K - If a can of soda costs 75 cents, how much would it cost to buy 50 cans?

A - $17.50
B - $25.00
C - $37.50
D - $45.00

Rania says, "Oh, math." She then starts to reason out the answer by saying, "75 times 100 is $75, divide that in half and you get $37.50."

$8K - In 2007, newlywed Andrew Speaker sparked an international health scare by traveling abroad while infected with what?

A - meningitis
B - tuberculosis
C - cholera
D - malaria

Rania laughs as Meredith reads the question, then says that one of her friends in Tulsa partied with Andrew before he got "this alleged disease". Meredith asks if the friend is OK. She is.

$16K - In Webster's New Millennium Dictionary, what actor's last name appears as a slang term meaning "to hog"?

A - Humphrey Bogart
B - Clark Gable
C - James Cagney
D - Marlon Brando

Rania knows that Brando got rather large toward the end of his career, maybe from hogging food. Rather than making that her final answer she decides to use her 50/50, leaving A and B. "Cool," Rania says. She decides to guess, despite her mother's advice. "Gable doesn't sound like something associated with hog." She knows her mother will kill her if she misses. Meredith notes that Rania is in the Hot Seat, not her
mother. Her mother will not be mad at her.

$25K - Which of these world capitals is located closest to the equator?

A - Algiers
B - Buenos Aires
C - Port-au-Prince
D - Quito

Rania remembers reading that the equator passes through Ecuador, and one of her buddies told her that Quito is the capital of Ecuador. Meredith says, "What a random thing to mention."

Commercial break

Meredith says that Rania's mother won't be mad at her. She then says that Rania's mother wants her to come home with something more than the money. Rania nods and says, "Making fun of mom may get me taken out of the will, but she wanted me to wear something so that everyone would know that I'm single - she wants to marry me off and the sooner the better." She wanted Rania to wear a T-shirt that read, "Single - Marry
me." Meredith says that if Rania wins the $1M men will be knocking on her door.

$50K - Who was the first U.S. vice president to be elevated to the office of president by the death of his predecessor?

A - Millard Fillmore
B - Andrew Johnson
C - Franklin Pierce
D - John Tyler

Rania says she should know this but she doesn't, so she wants to call her friend Erin Dale. Rania reads the question and the last names of the four choices. Erin says, "Um..." then just as time expires she says, "Rania..." Rania decides to switch the question.

$50K (STQ) - What is "C19A"?

A - Pluto's smallest moon
B - Ayn Rand's fist novel
C - Earth's largest iceberg
D - Coca-Cola's formula name

Rania says that A is too obvious, and doesn't think it's B. It could be either C or D. She went to Emory University and Coca-Cola was very good to them there so she decides to guess D.

ANSWERS:
$1K - C (California Love)
$2K - A (private conversation)
$4K - C ($37.50)
$8K - B (tuberculosis)
$16K - A (Humphrey Bogart)
$25K - D (Quito)
$50K - D (John Tyler)
$50K (STQ) - C (Earth's largest iceberg)

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/02/2007 - Rania Nasreddine (carryover)

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:57 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $4K - If a can of soda costs 75 cents, how much would it cost to buy 50 cans?

A - $17.50
B - $25.00
C - $37.50
D - $45.00

Rania says, "Oh, math." She then starts to reason out the answer by saying, "75 times 100 is $75, divide that in half and you get $37.50."
Brava to Rania for seeing a math question...and just doing the math!

Simple multiplication for $4K--what a gift!

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:50 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Rania Nasreddine
Tulsa, OK
Lawyer

Rania has handwriting on her hand. Meredith asks if she's cheating. Rania says no, they are notes from her family. One says, "Calm", reminding her to relax. The second says, "No stupid" - it's her mother's advice to walk away if she doesn't know the answer. The third says, "Just have fun", a message from her sister.
Both of Rania's notes were good advice.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - If a can of soda costs 75 cents, how much would it cost to buy 50 cans?

A - $17.50
B - $25.00
C - $37.50
D - $45.00

Good for her! I wonder how SOX would react to the fact that a woman was able to answer a math question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - In Webster's New Millennium Dictionary, what actor's last name appears as a slang term meaning "to hog"?

A - Humphrey Bogart
B - Clark Gable
C - James Cagney
D - Marlon Brando
This isn't all that new - I seem to recall the word being used back in the 70s.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - Which of these world capitals is located closest to the equator?

A - Algiers
B - Buenos Aires
C - Port-au-Prince
D - Quito

Rania remembers reading that the equator passes through Ecuador, and one of her buddies told her that Quito is the capital of Ecuador. Meredith says, "What a random thing to mention."
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Although I don't think rania would have had that much difficulty with this question.

$50K - Who was the first U.S. vice president to be elevated to the office of president by the death of his predecessor?

A - Millard Fillmore
B - Andrew Johnson
C - Franklin Pierce
D - John Tyler
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:ncy" Tyler came to the office after the death of William Henry Harrison after only a month.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K (STQ) - What is "C19A"?

A - Pluto's smallest moon
B - Ayn Rand's fist novel
C - Earth's largest iceberg
D - Coca-Cola's formula name
This is a tough one - Had this come up in the regular stack I'd have tried the 50/50 first because I would have been pretty sure it wasn't A or B. A quick Google search gives the right answer. I wonder why she didn't use either of her other lifelines.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#4 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:10 pm

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Rania Nasreddine
Tulsa, OK
Lawyer

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - In Webster's New Millennium Dictionary, what actor's last name appears as a slang term meaning "to hog"?

A - Humphrey Bogart
B - Clark Gable
C - James Cagney
D - Marlon Brando
This isn't all that new - I seem to recall the word being used back in the 70s.

Well of course! It was usually heard when someone was 'hogging' some type of illegal drug. "Don't Bogart that, man"

Not that I would know anything about that type of stuff.

Really!!

(I was a pretty boring kind of gal who just observed and listened a lot)

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm

I think that Al Gore is claiming that C19A is now the size of a ice cube. :twisted: