Can no one help me?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Can no one help me?

#1 Post by christie1111 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Do you not want me?

Seriously, I am feeling like no one cares. I can only post from my PDA, can't get to chat.

Maybe I am just tired.

But could a moderator let me know if there is any chance to ever come back.

It has been
a long day.

Good night.

:(

RE-EDITED by TheCalvinator because the problem has been addressed.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#2 Post by hermillion » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:05 pm

You poor baby! If I knew anything technical that might help you, I'd do it.

We DO love you, we DO want you to join us whenever you want - and without having to jump through hoops. Please hang in until somebody who knows how things work is able to smooth your way.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:11 pm

We've tried to isolate all the quirks....like if you're using AOL (don't), Internet Explorer seems to work better for some people and it might be something in Windows Vista. I know your laptop is fairly new so it might have Vista, which I know absolutely nothing about & it may have absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

Do you have a security program that might be blocking it and needs your permission for access?

Those are just some things that may be causing trouble. I'm sure when our leader sees your request he'll do all he can to help you. I'm pretty much computer illiterate in the help department.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#4 Post by hermillion » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:12 pm

I just PMd several of the Bored Moderators to see if they could help. They may not be aware of your problem, but may see the PM -- which referred them back to your post.

Good luck!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:12 pm

I would help if I could, but I am not that tech savvy. I'm only a Moderator because I'm QoDMeister.

Please be patient. The tech gurus are probably not around right now.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#6 Post by hermillion » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Cal!

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#7 Post by tubadave » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:37 am

Christie: Part of the code that I put in place the other day scans people every time they come to the Bored, not just when they register (which is what I had intended.) It has an option where you can specify what IP addresses it scans, and so instead of wasting time figuring out why it doesn't like you, I've just set it to ignore every possible IP address, effectively disabling it. I could remove it from the code entirely, but it far easier to add it than subtract it, so I'm going to avoid that, if possible. If you continue to have problems, let me know via email.

FYI for everyone, I have sent the above to Christie via email as well. She should hopefully be back among us soon.

If anyone else has had consistent problems getting to the Bored since about last Wednesday (give or take) than this might fix things for you as well.

Those using AOL in any way, shape or form for their internet may continue to have problems.....AOL just doesn't get along with phpBB code, for whatever reason. (Or maybe it just doesn't like this Bored, I dunn.) Just minimize AOL and use a separate web browser, and you should be OK.

As far as web browsers are concerned, I've had no trouble accessing the Bored with the latest Firefox (which is version 2.0.0.8 at this moment) as well as IE6 and IE7.

And as I mentioned elsewhere previously, those having trouble with the Chat room should be sure to update their Java and Flash. If you've recently upgraded Firefox, you'll definitely want to make sure you update Java again, as there are some known problems there.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry