Looking for Student Loan Information

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sir_Galahad

Looking for Student Loan Information

#1 Post by Sir_Galahad » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:27 am

Does anyone know of a good place for my daughter to apply for a student loan? We (meaning me and her) currently have student loans through FAFSA but I would like to get these loans out of my name (since they had to do them as Parent Loans) and into hers. FAFSA would not give her a loan directly but I understand there are other places that will. Has anyone been through this mill and have any suggestions as how I can do this?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

jayhawker536

#2 Post by jayhawker536 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:34 am

Is your daughter still in school? If so, she should go to the financial aid office at her college, they can tell her everything she needs to know.

If I remember correctly, it has been over five years since I worked at WSU, you can no longer consolidate your loans, however I have not even tried to keep up with information since I no longer need to know :cry:

My best suggestion is to call any financial aid office at a college near you.

Sir_Galahad

#3 Post by Sir_Galahad » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Just bringing this back to the top for the weekday crew. If you have any other info, please post.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

macrae1234

#4 Post by macrae1234 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:17 pm

I don't know myself, I do know there have been major changes recently. My son works in the business and I will send you his email when I get home I can't access my personal email from work.

macrae1234

#5 Post by macrae1234 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm

SIR G

if private message works you have one from me