A Dangerous Book for Dogs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

A Dangerous Book for Dogs

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Perhaps Annie C. will take time out for a review
The Dangerous Book for Dogs asks a simple question: isn't there more to being a dog than wearing a mini cashmere sweater and riding around in a $400 evening clutch? What about the simple pleasures of life -- feeling the wind in your fur, digging up the grass beneath your paws, smelling another dog's butt? Isn't that part of the great joy of being a dog?

Written (with help) by dogs and for dogs, The Dangerous Book For Dogs provides insight on everything from the tastiest styles of shoes to chew to the proper method for terrorizing squirrels. It also contains portraits of noble dogs throughout history, the mysteries of cats and humans, and everything else your dog ever wanted to know but was afraid to ask–like how to make toys out of human's household items, or how to escape from a humiliating reindeer costume.
http://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Book-Do ... 0345503708
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:06 pm

I, too, am going to get this for a Christmas present for someone (sorta for me, too).

When I took my wine tour trip this summer there was a wonderful-looking book called something like Dogs of American Wineries. It was really expensive but I need to find it.

Thanks for this link.
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote: When I took my wine tour trip this summer there was a wonderful-looking book called something like Dogs of American Wineries. It was really expensive but I need to find it.
You mean Wine Dogs?

Amazon has a USA Edition priced at $39 and a Deluxe Edition for $29.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:48 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote: Amazon has a USA Edition priced at $39 and a Deluxe Edition for $29.
Ah. The latter is apparently about "the dogs of Australasian wineries".

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:46 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Amazon has a USA Edition priced at $39 and a Deluxe Edition for $29.
Ah. The latter is apparently about "the dogs of Australasian wineries".
It may have the same title-perhaps a version for various locales? It looked like a very cool book. Very thick. Lotsa pics. And about $40. Hmmm. Coinkydink?
Well, then