Treehouse of Horror XVIII

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

Treehouse of Horror XVIII

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:05 am

According to my "Simpsons" experts, the Simpson's Treehouse of Horror episode that aired last night was not as good as in years past.

TheCalvinator24

#2 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:55 am

The fact that I cannot recall any of the sketches right now pretty much confirms that.

Okay, while I was typing that, the E.T Go Home sketch sprang to mind. I thought that one was weak overall, but I enjoyed that they acknowledged that an alien invading force that requires breathing helmets is pretty vulnerable.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 am

I only caught the end of the "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" sketch before turning to the start of TAR.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I only caught the end of the "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" sketch before turning to the start of TAR.
I watched, and would agree that they weren't quite up to snuff - the takeoff on "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" didn't seem to belong, not having a theme related to the terror rubric. Another one had a title something like "The Day the Earth was Stupid", which I thought might be a takeoff on the Michael Rennie classic, but was actually more related to the Great Radio Hoax of 1938. Interestingly enough, "Cold Case"'s 100th episode was centered around that same theme, perhaps because they were shown close to the date of the original broadcast. I didn't see the last one ("Heck House") but did DVR it so I can go back later.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 am

"The Day the Earth Looked Stupid" was from XVII, last year.

"Heck House" was mildly amusing.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore