Amazing at it may be

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

Amazing at it may be

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:52 am

There are still TIME BONUS points available for Friday's QoD.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 am

Uh oh.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:16 pm

I dint even look at it - just assumed I missed it. I will go take a look. Any maybe read the QoD rules!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:17 pm

tlynn78 wrote:I dint even look at it - just assumed I missed it. I will go take a look. Any maybe read the QoD rules!

t.
We don't need no stinkin' rules!

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:32 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:I dint even look at it - just assumed I missed it. I will go take a look. Any maybe read the QoD rules!

t.
We don't need no stinkin' rules!
Well, the Rules are pretty important. Many folks hurt their chances by not being aware of them.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#6 Post by Odyssey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:10 pm

I know I messed up and had my answers across two posts instead of one, so I have lumps coming. Today I did edit on QOD, but I didn't edit my answers. I went back and reformmated to be a spoiler. I hope this doesn't run afoul of rules.
Odyssey

TheCalvinator24

#7 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:14 pm

Odyssey wrote:I know I messed up and had my answers across two posts instead of one, so I have lumps coming. Today I did edit on QOD, but I didn't edit my answers. I went back and reformmated to be a spoiler. I hope this doesn't run afoul of rules.
The No Editing Rule is about the answers. I saw your answers before you edited, so although your editing would run afoul of the letter of the Rules, as one who knows the clear intent of the author, I can say that editing the format won't be a problem.

If I hadn't seen the answers before the Edit, and then I saw evidence of an Edit, I would have had to apply the rule unless somebody else vouched that the answers had not been changed.

In short, don't worry about today. For future, the answers don't have to be put in the Spoiler tag. I suggested it because having them that way makes it pretty darn hard for someone to claim he or she accidentally saw someone else's answers.

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#8 Post by Odyssey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Excellent! Thank you. Next time, if I forget the spoiler format, I'm just leaving it alone.
TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Odyssey wrote:I know I messed up and had my answers across two posts instead of one, so I have lumps coming. Today I did edit on QOD, but I didn't edit my answers. I went back and reformmated to be a spoiler. I hope this doesn't run afoul of rules.
The No Editing Rule is about the answers. I saw your answers before you edited, so although your editing would run afoul of the letter of the Rules, as one who knows the clear intent of the author, I can say that editing the format won't be a problem.

If I hadn't seen the answers before the Edit, and then I saw evidence of an Edit, I would have had to apply the rule unless somebody else vouched that the answers had not been changed.

In short, don't worry about today. For future, the answers don't have to be put in the Spoiler tag. I suggested it because having them that way makes it pretty darn hard for someone to claim he or she accidentally saw someone else's answers.
Odyssey