Dual (and dueling) obsessions, and a shoutout to my Stillers

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
KillerTomato

Dual (and dueling) obsessions, and a shoutout to my Stillers

#1 Post by KillerTomato » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:57 pm

So, 2 weeks ago, I started walking regularly again (it's been YEARS since I did this). I hit the workout room at my apartment complex every night after work, and hit the treadmill for 2-3 miles per day. Yes, I'm obsessing about my trip, and trying not to scare small children on the cruiseship next May! Anyway, it's now reached a near-obsessional phase. I have to take a one-day trip to Clarksburg, WV on Wednesday, and I'm actually UPSET that I'll miss my workout. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????

Then, this weekend, I splurged on my entertainment budget. I picked up "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" for my Wii. I am officially obsessed after just 3 days of playing this thing. It's kinda like Dance Dance Revolution, but for your fingers -- red green red yellow yellow whammyyellow red red red OMG, I am THRASHING! The set list for this thing is awesome, too, for a guy from the 80s. Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!

And one final word: THANK YOU to my Pittsburgh Stillers for rolling over the Ravens tonight...I need to get to bed early, and a 4-TD lead (and they just picked off McNair and are driving on the Baltimore 10 as I type this) will certainly make me sleep easier!
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Dual (and dueling) obsessions, and a shoutout to my Stil

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:12 pm

KillerTomato wrote: Then, this weekend, I splurged on my entertainment budget. I picked up "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" for my Wii. I am officially obsessed after just 3 days of playing this thing. It's kinda like Dance Dance Revolution, but for your fingers -- red green red yellow yellow whammyyellow red red red OMG, I am THRASHING! The set list for this thing is awesome, too, for a guy from the 80s. Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!
The girls have Guitar Hero II for the PS2 and they are getting a Wii for Hanukkah. They are also getting Guitar Hero: 1980's and Guitar Hero III for the Wii on a different night. I am not sure if I should get a second guitar for the Wii because they can't use their PS2 guitar on the Wii.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Keep it up Mike. You're doing great. When you start seeing results, which I'm sure you are, it really motivates you to stay with the program. It sounds like that's exactly where you are.

You'll have all the single girls after you on that cruise!

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:31 am

KillerTomato wrote:I have to take a one-day trip to Clarksburg, WV on Wednesday, and I'm actually UPSET that I'll miss my workout. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????
The great thing about walking is that you can do it anywhere.

Even in Clarksburg, WV. :P

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:44 am

Keep up the great work, KT!

I missed the game - I heard my football Baby Boy had his hair flying and he was looking great.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:43 am

KillerTomato wrote:The set list for this thing is awesome, too, for a guy from the 80s. Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!

Were any of those songs even from the 80's?

I tried playing the display we have at work on lunch last week. I gave up after 2 horribly blown songs....

lb13

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:03 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Were any of those songs even from the 80's?

I tried playing the display we have at work on lunch last week. I gave up after 2 horribly blown songs....

lb13
I don't think so - they're part of GHIII, though. I know this because some friends have both GHII and GHIII and when we were at their house over the weekend their teenaged sons were battling it out on GHIII. I must confess that I don't see the attraction, probably because I don't have the hand-eye coordination necessary to play the game.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
KillerTomato wrote:The set list for this thing is awesome, too, for a guy from the 80s. Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!

Were any of those songs even from the 80's?
Set list from the 80's version

1. Opening Licks
"(Bang Your Head) Metal Health" – Quiet Riot
"We Got the Beat" – The Go-Go's
"I Ran (So Far Away)" – A Flock of Seagulls
"Balls to the Wall" – Accept
"18 and Life" – Skid Row (Encore)

2. Amp Warmers
"No One Like You" – Scorpions
"Shakin'" – Eddie Money
"Heat of the Moment" – Asia
"Radar Love" – White Lion [2]
"Because, It's Midnite" – Limozeen (Encore)

3. String Snappers
"Holy Diver" – Dio
"Turning Japanese" – The Vapors
"Hold on Loosely" – .38 Special
"The Warrior" – Scandal
"I Wanna Rock" – Twisted Sister (Encore)

4. Return of the Shred
"What I Like About You" – The Romantics
"Synchronicity II" – The Police
"Ballroom Blitz" – Krokus[4]
"Only a Lad" – Oingo Boingo
"Round and Round" – Ratt (Encore)

5. Relentless Riffs
"Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time" – Poison
"Lonely Is the Night" – Billy Squier
"Bathroom Wall" – Faster Pussycat
"Los Angeles" – X
"Wrathchild" – Iron Maiden (Encore)

6. Furious Fretwork
"Electric Eye" – Judas Priest[5]
"Police Truck" – Dead Kennedys
"Seventeen" – Winger
"Caught in a Mosh" – Anthrax
"Play with Me" – Extreme (Encore)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 am

Because of Guitar Hero, Maddie was able to get some bonus questions in Quiz Bowl that she wouldn't have known.

Her team does NAQT questions, so there aren't as many Pop Culture questions as she would like.

traininvain

#10 Post by traininvain » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 am

KillerTomato wrote: Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!
I saw Foghat back in '78, one of the loudest concerts that I had ever been to. I had to blow off the SAT the next day because I couldn't hear myself think in the morning.
Hey is there someway to play cowbell on Mississippi Queen with that thing?

Keep up with the exercise, you wouldn't want to scare those children.
Enjoy every sandwich

Bixby17

#11 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:17 am

KillerTomato wrote:So, 2 weeks ago, I started walking regularly again (it's been YEARS since I did this). I hit the workout room at my apartment complex every night after work, and hit the treadmill for 2-3 miles per day. Yes, I'm obsessing about my trip, and trying not to scare small children on the cruiseship next May! Anyway, it's now reached a near-obsessional phase. I have to take a one-day trip to Clarksburg, WV on Wednesday, and I'm actually UPSET that I'll miss my workout. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????

Then, this weekend, I splurged on my entertainment budget. I picked up "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" for my Wii. I am officially obsessed after just 3 days of playing this thing. It's kinda like Dance Dance Revolution, but for your fingers -- red green red yellow yellow whammyyellow red red red OMG, I am THRASHING! The set list for this thing is awesome, too, for a guy from the 80s. Foghat's "Slow Ride"...Heart's "Barracuda"...The Stones' "Paint It Black"...Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"... I am just loving this sh*t!

And one final word: THANK YOU to my Pittsburgh Stillers for rolling over the Ravens tonight...I need to get to bed early, and a 4-TD lead (and they just picked off McNair and are driving on the Baltimore 10 as I type this) will certainly make me sleep easier!
We need your PCLT points! :D