RIP Jennifer Lynn Ballard

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

RIP Jennifer Lynn Ballard

#1 Post by kayrharris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Age 35....breast cancer....just couldn't beat it. She was the very best office manager Bailey-Harris Construction Co, Auburn, AL ever had. She got sick just two years after she was employed.

When breast cancer strikes the young, it seems to be very aggressive. The doctors tried everything including a double mastectomy from the start even though the cancer was only in one breast. Despite chemotherapy and radiation treatments, the cancer spread like wildfire. She fought hard for two years and leaves behind an 11 year old daughter.

I'm sad because we've lost a good friend but comforted somewhat knowing that she is no longer suffering.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Kay, I'm very sorry. I send hugs to all of her co-workers, friends and family, but especially to her daughter, who has had to grow up all too fast.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Kay, I send my prayers for strength and peace to her family and her friends and all of you. This is so sad.

She's sitting on a cloud laughing at all of us right now. But still.
Well, then

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:26 pm

I am very sorry for your loss. Breast cancer sucks, but it's worse when it hits young women.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 am

I am sorry this happened.

May her friends and family find strength.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:36 am

Condolences to all her family and friends, Kay.

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:14 am

As some of you may know, my hometown, Evansville, is home to one of the leading breast cancer foundations: The Susan G. Komen Foundation. As such, I may be a little better educated about breast cancer issues than other neanderthals like me who live in other areas of the country.

That was the main thing that bothered me about the SOX idiot's posts. While there may be diseases that kill more people, I don't know of any in this early part of the century that causes more grief. Young people stricken down for reasons no one really understands yet -- and that's precisely why RESEARCH is called for. Yes, more brilliant scientists admitting they don't have a clue, trying to find out why this disease strikes so many young women in otherwise good health.

The contributing factors for heart disease are, by contrast, mostly well-known, and many of them are behavioral. If we could eliminate smoking, gluttony, and laziness, we could cut deaths by heart disease by a significant percentage.

Sorry to hijack a mournful thread for a rant like this, Kay. I am very sorry to hear of it, and that's feeding my anger. I've been fortunate so far in that my family has never been touched personally, but too many good people have.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman