It's hard to let go

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
JBillyGirl

It's hard to let go

#1 Post by JBillyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:32 pm

I have a window open that is my computer's last view of the old Go/KTRK bored, and it's been open for about a week because I haven't had the heart to refresh the page or close the window. I know the old Bored isn't coming back and that this seems to be our new home, but it just feels so hard for me to let go of what was once a happy place I would go to every day. But somehow I've got to pull the plug soon, not just because I'll eventually get updates to download but because my computer is getting kinda slow. Also I know I can't hang on forever. Sigh. :(

For the record, the top of the page has PSM's message "Lady Rebecca is sick"; I never got to find out how she is sick, but I hope she's better now. There is also a thread titled "Note to Annie C from Jenny (Casa Buff's enormous golden retriever)." Don't know what Jenny said, but somehow it feels comforting to still be able to see it there. Still, its days are numbered, I know.

Not sure why I posted this, but I think it'll be easier to close the window and move on now that I have.

Do I sound like a basket case or what? :P

TheConfessor

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:41 pm

You could do a screen capture and post it over here for all eternity.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: It's hard to let go

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:42 pm

JBillyGirl wrote:I have a window open that is my computer's last view of the old Go/KTRK bored, and it's been open for about a week because I haven't had the heart to refresh the page or close the window. I know the old Bored isn't coming back and that this seems to be our new home, but it just feels so hard for me to let go of what was once a happy place I would go to every day. But somehow I've got to pull the plug soon, not just because I'll eventually get updates to download but because my computer is getting kinda slow. Also I know I can't hang on forever. Sigh. :(

For the record, the top of the page has PSM's message "Lady Rebecca is sick"; I never got to find out how she is sick, but I hope she's better now. There is also a thread titled "Note to Annie C from Jenny (Casa Buff's enormous golden retriever)." Don't know what Jenny said, but somehow it feels comforting to still be able to see it there. Still, its days are numbered, I know.

Not sure why I posted this, but I think it'll be easier to close the window and move on now that I have.

Do I sound like a basket case or what? :P
Can you do a screen capture? --Bob

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Lady Rebecca had an illness that had to do with a need to find someone to handle her monetary affairs, ala those Nigerian manglers of the Queen's English....

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:44 pm

JBillyGirl wrote:For the record, the top of the page has PSM's message "Lady Rebecca is sick"; I never got to find out how she is sick, but I hope she's better now.
l so sorry if you were worried. Lady Rebecca has friends in Nigeria even though she says she lives in London.

From: Lady Rebecca Thatcher [mailto:rebecca_thatcher@yahoo.co.uk]
Subject: Beloved,Reply ASAP.

--
No:36 Old Shrewberry Street,
London England.

Beloved,i am Lady Rebecca Thatcher, suffering from cancerous ailment..I used to be married to Sir Jeremy Thatcher an Englishman who is dead and resting peacefully. My husband was into private practice all his life before he passed. Our life together as man and wife lasted for three decades without offsprings. My husband died after a protracted illness in an accident he got from Africa while on humanitarian duties. My husband,while he was alive made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals as he had passion for persons who can not help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament.I can adduce this to the fact that he needed a Child from the marriage, which never came.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Twenty Million Pounds (20,000,000.00 Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling)which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK. Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from.

Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition to the cancer. With this hard reality that has befallen me, I have decided to donate this fund to you and want you to use this gift which comes from my husbands effort to fund the upkeep of widows, widowers, orphans, destitute, the down-trodden, physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially.

I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my husbands relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons and I do not want my husbands hard earned money to be misused or invested into ill perceived ventures. I do not want this money to be misused hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I do not need any telephone communication in this regard due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of my husbands relatives around me. I do not want them to know about this development because i want the money used for the Less Previledged.

My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein. Hope to hear from you soon.

You can contact me through my personal email address at:
rebecca_thatcherfunds@yahoo.co.uk

Thanking you in advance for everything,

Sincerely yours,

Lady Rebecca Thatcher

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#6 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:48 pm

JBillyGirl wrote:I have a window open that is my computer's last view of the old Go/KTRK bored, and it's been open for about a week because I haven't had the heart to refresh the page or close the window. I know the old Bored isn't coming back and that this seems to be our new home, but it just feels so hard for me to let go of what was once a happy place I would go to every day. But somehow I've got to pull the plug soon, not just because I'll eventually get updates to download but because my computer is getting kinda slow. Also I know I can't hang on forever. Sigh. :(
That's very touching, JBG. It's a very nice summary of how we felt about the place.

If we didn't, would we all be here now?

Thanks

JBillyGirl

#7 Post by JBillyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:59 pm

TheConfessor wrote:You could do a screen capture and post it over here for all eternity.
I suppose I could. Anyone know how to do this on a Mac? (Pardon my ignorance.)

JBillyGirl

#8 Post by JBillyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:07 pm

OK, I have a screen capture as a .png file. Where would I put it? Anyone else want to see it, or would it be a waste of bandwidth?

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#9 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:01 pm

JBillyGirl wrote: There is also a thread titled "Note to Annie C from Jenny (Casa Buff's enormous golden retriever)." Don't know what Jenny said, but somehow it feels comforting to still be able to see it there.
Jenny and I are going to do lunch someday. I'm excited. I've never done lunch before.

Buffacuse

#10 Post by Buffacuse » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:04 pm

Jenny is very excited to meet Annie--they are already sharing recipes! :D