Transcript 11/06/2007 Kellie Parks

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/06/2007 Kellie Parks

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Kellie Parks
New York, NY

$2000- What TV show's star once sparked a "navel controversy" that resulted in censors forcing her to keep her bellybutton covered?
A. That Girl B. I Dream of Jeannie
C. The Mary Tyler Moore Show D. I Love Lucy

She says she is pretty sure she knows it but she promised her mother that she would be smart and not embarrass her so she ATA and gets 1%-96%-1%-2% in favor of B.

$4000- Which of these U.S. states is located east and not west of the Mississippi River?
A. Illinois B. Arkansas
C. Missouri D. Iowa

"This is early in the game but I gotta PAF... my dad" (John) started to say AR apparently to someone else in the room then says he is not sure as time runs out

50/50
A. Illinois
C. Missouri

She guesses Missouri final answer and a reaction is heard from the audience. "No???" she says and finds out she is leaving with her guaranteed $1000.

Answers:
$2000- B. I Dream of Jeannie
$4000- A. Illinois

Commercial Break

Edit: adding list of WWTBAM Grand Giveaway winners announced during this break
Judy Forbes, Denham Springs, LA
Richard Harker, Staten Island, NY
Calvin McLean, Ocala, FL
Carolyn Nation, Huntsville, AL
Gladys Zimmerman, Lake Mary, FL

Kazoo65

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:52 pm

US geography should be REQUIRED study material for all future BAM contestants. Plus having a PaF with a MAP would be useful.
I'm just a game show nerd.

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:39 pm

AAAAAARGHH! Where do they get these contestants?!

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/06/2007 Kellie Parks

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kellie Parks
New York, NY
Where else?

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Which of these U.S. states is located east and not west of the Mississippi River?
A. Illinois B. Arkansas
C. Missouri D. Iowa

"This is early in the game but I gotta PAF... my dad" (John) started to say AR apparently to someone else in the room then says he is not sure as time runs out

50/50
A. Illinois
C. Missouri

She guesses Missouri final answer and a reaction is heard from the audience. "No???" she says and finds out she is leaving with her guaranteed $1000.
Where's that link to the "New Yorker" map? I'm pretty sure the only river they show on that is the Hudson, and all four of these states are definitely west of that! :roll:

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Can we make an honorary llama category for contestants like Kellie?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:She says she is pretty sure she knows it but she promised her mother that she would be smart and not embarrass her so she ATA and gets 1%-96%-1%-2% in favor of B.
She broke her promise.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:"This is early in the game but I gotta PAF... my dad" (John) started to say AR apparently to someone else in the room then says he is not sure as time runs out
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

takinover

#6 Post by takinover » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:05 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
New York, NY
Where else?

Where's that link to the "New Yorker" map? I'm pretty sure the only river they show on that is the Hudson, and all four of these states are definitely west of that! :roll:

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by ontellen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:09 am

Even though you can't actually say she llamed - she didn't answer one single question on her own.

Makes me glad I'm a Canadian who can't qualify for the show or I would be tearing my hair out.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:46 am

New York, NY
Where else®?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000- What TV show's star once sparked a "navel controversy" that resulted in censors forcing her to keep her bellybutton covered?
A. That Girl B. I Dream of Jeannie
C. The Mary Tyler Moore Show D. I Love Lucy
Star Trek had problems with navels also - Gene Roddenberry asked his costume designer, William Ware Theiss, to try and reveal as much as possible without showing the navel, which is why there were episodes where the women had open-sided outfits.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:She says she is pretty sure she knows it but she promised her mother that she would be smart and not embarrass her so she ATA and gets 1%-96%-1%-2% in favor of B.
I swear it seems that all of the contestants are conspiring together in the green room to say this and drive me crazy.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Which of these U.S. states is located east and not west of the Mississippi River?
A. Illinois B. Arkansas
C. Missouri D. Iowa
A basic geography question, and the remainder of her lifelines gone, and so is she.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:47 am

takinover wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
New York, NY
Where else?

Yep, everything else is "flyover country".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:04 am

This was just plain sad.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:34 am

jarnon wrote:Can we make an honorary llama category for contestants like Kellie?
The Confessor brought this idea up yesterday and--before seeing the show--I was of the opinion that TPTB has declared this a Llama-free Week by virtue of this rule chance, and that was that.

But seeing Kellie manage to look at two questions and successfully answer only one of them with the help of all three lifelines...we do need to memorialize this in some way. :roll:

gsabc

#12 Post by gsabc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:02 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
jarnon wrote:Can we make an honorary llama category for contestants like Kellie?
The Confessor brought this idea up yesterday and--before seeing the show--I was of the opinion that TPTB has declared this a Llama-free Week by virtue of this rule chance, and that was that.

But seeing Kellie manage to look at two questions and successfully answer only one of them with the help of all three lifelines...we do need to memorialize this in some way. :roll:
What were the other wrong answers to the original llama question? We could give her one of those titles. Or else a llama relative, like an alpaca.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

kusch

#13 Post by kusch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:39 am

Ok, this was painful to watch. And I don't like to beat down contestants, but I will with Kellie.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 am

kusch wrote:Ok, this was painful to watch. And I don't like to beat down contestants, but I will with Kellie.
Kusch has been in my brain, thinking my thoughts.

kusch

#15 Post by kusch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 am

silvercamaro wrote:
kusch wrote:Ok, this was painful to watch. And I don't like to beat down contestants, but I will with Kellie.
Kusch has been in my brain, thinking my thoughts.
Ok, is being in your brain a good thing? :lol:

I thought so. :D