say a sad "arf" for Renzi

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

say a sad "arf" for Renzi

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:20 pm

the late pooch of my co-worker friend.

The breeder exercised their "right" to get the "defective" doggie back. And undoubtably killed her. Friend plead but to no avail.

There was a massive amount of vet bills involved, & probably this figured in whatever went on between puppy-mill breeder & the outlet they sold the dog to here in the Boston area.

Doggie had a defect (a birth-defect hepatic shunt, which is a blood-vessel detour around the liver, so the liver doesn't get to properly do its thing) which can be treated by both diet (restricted protein diet) & by surgery to correct it; friend was at "bite the bullet & find out a way to pay for this" stage. If they could get dog back from pet store at this point, which they could not. You could say "well, you should have never sold pet back to store", & in hindsight they would not have. At the time they did, it looked like all the dog had was a bacterial or viral infection (which it did have too, courtesy of general ill health) & the "back to pet store" tactic was a way to get pet store to pay, by law, for the dog's medical bills.

I'm feeling very, very sick myself at this point, & I never even met the tiny dog.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:27 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this, ghost. I send hugs to you and your co-worker.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:44 am

Poor little thing. THere must be a special place in hell for bad puppy mill breeders.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire