Transcript 09/15/08 Merideth Early

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 09/15/08 Merideth Early

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Merideth Early
Ault, CO
Full-time mom and student - studying to be a vet

Before Meredith shows the Question Topics, the program is interrupted with a NBC News Special Report with Ann Curry to tell us that the stock market is down today, the economy in the dumps and we’re all going to die.

We rejoin the show with eight seconds remaining on the $25K question.

$25K Known for its distinctive shape, the Matterhorn is a mountain on the border of Switzerland and what country?
A. France
B. Italy
C. Germany
D. Austria
Spoiler
B. Italy (0)
Sounds like Merideth is leaning toward Austria, but she’s not going to take the chance and just lets the clock run down.
Merideth leaves with $16K.

Answers:
$25K B. Italy (0)

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 09/15/08 Merideth Early

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:35 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Sounds like Merideth is leaning toward Austria, but she’s not going to take the chance and just lets the clock run down.
So now the only time we hear the contestant talk about a question is when they've already decided to walk away. :|

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#3 Post by frogman042 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Since the transcript doesn't contain the opening banter and since I was able to tape the episode, I think this particular information would be useful to the bored - especially since Meredith asks if she prepared since she knew the categories.

So here is a summary of what transpared prior to the above transcript - if no one objects I think it should be edited back in.

Meredith V. mentions to Merideth E. that now they have the categories Meredith V asks if she thought about her next category since she had a couple of days to think about it - Merideth E. mentions that she totally forgot about what categories were next - her mind went blank when she walked out - so she wasn't able to think about it.

When the categories were shown Meredith V mentions that she is from a Colorado, a mountain state so she knows something about mountains.

---Jay

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 pm

So my question is answered. They keep the categories for second-day taping holdovers. That could be a useful bit of information, especially if it's one of your weak categories.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#5 Post by frogman042 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 pm

gsabc wrote:So my question is answered. They keep the categories for second-day taping holdovers. That could be a useful bit of information, especially if it's one of your weak categories.
That's exactly why I felt it was important to include this missing piece of the transcript. Also, a while back TheConfessor suggested a strategy for trying to Switch The Expert if you were the last contestant of a taping day and try to delay using the expert until time ran out, hoping to get a better expert. I think if someone is in that specific situation, knowing the categories you will face the next day can be of much greater value.

---Jay

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:52 am

I got this one before the four choices even came up, so I'd be in terrific shape for a big run at the stack: all four lifelines available.

earendel

Re: Transcript 09/15/08 Merideth Early

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:46 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K Known for its distinctive shape, the Matterhorn is a mountain on the border of Switzerland and what country?
A. France
B. Italy
C. Germany
D. Austria
Spoiler
B. Italy (0)
Sounds like Merideth is leaning toward Austria, but she’s not going to take the chance and just lets the clock run down.
Merideth leaves with $16K.
We're still without power so I didn't see the show. However this would have been a fairly simple question.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."