Transcript 09/16/2008 Marie Curren

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 09/16/2008 Marie Curren

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Marie Curren
Gulf Shores, AL
Now in tourism business in AL but really from New Jersey, and Bruce Springsteen used to perform at her H.S. dances.

Topic tree:
Abraham Lincoln
Famous Women
Artists
Television
First Aid
Dogs
Literature
The Military
Roman Numerals
Musicians
Customs
Fantasy Movies
Brand Names
In the News
Famous Quotes

$100-Franklin D. Roosevelt once famously declared "The only thing we have to fear is" what?
A. Fear itself B. Time's slow crawl
C. Our doubts D. Running out of lifelines
Spoiler
A. Fear itself (4) Note- she just took her time answering
$200- In 2007, an Alabama woman was forced to wear a sign reading "I am a thief" after a judge convicted her of what crime?
A. Arson B. Assault
C. Shoplifting D. Treason
Spoiler
C. Shoplifting [8]
Commercial break

$300- What familiar household brand features the image of a reclining chair in its logo?
A. Barcalounger B. Kenmore
C. KitchenAid D. Whirlpool
Spoiler
A. Barcalounger (7)
$500- Which of the following is not the subtitle of a movie in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?
A. The Fellowship of the Ring B. The Two Towers
C. The Return of the King D. The Legend of Curly's Gold
Spoiler
D. The Legend of Curly's Gold (6)
$1000- Because it uses all 26 letters, a popular sentence for testing keyboards mentions what type of animal jumping over a "lazy dog"
A. Chipmunk B. Rabbit
C. Fox D. Frog
Spoiler
C. Fox (10)
$2000- Which of these musicians was a devout follower of the Rastafarian religion?
A. Jimi Hendrix B. John Lennon
C. Jim Morrison D. Bob Marley

Spoiler
D. Bob Marley (23)

Marie will return tomorrow.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 09/16/2008 Marie Curren

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:18 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Abraham Lincoln
Famous Women
Artists
Television
First Aid
Dogs
Literature
The Military
Roman Numerals
Musicians
Customs
Fantasy Movies
Brand Names
In the News
Famous Quotes
Military could be an iffy subject for me. Dogs and artists could also pose problems. And who knows what kind of questions could be hiding in the seemingly inocuous categories of famous women and Abe Lincoln.

But so far so good on the first six.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Marie Curren
Gulf Shores, AL
Now in tourism business in AL but really from New Jersey, and Bruce Springsteen used to perform at her H.S. dances.
She's a former WE® and has a celebrity hook as well.

Nihil obstat® so far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2000- Which of these musicians was a devout follower of the Rastafarian religion?
First a Lord of the Rings question and then a shout-out to my cousin Bob! Meredith would have been puzzled why I suddenly burst out laughing at this one! 8)

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:15 am

The Press-Register has two articles about Marie's appearance. The first is a "breaking news" item from last night, the second is a longer piece from this morning.

Spoiler Warning: Both articles mention the first question and answer she'll face on today's episode.

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/09/gulf_sh ... or_bi.html

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/i ... xml&coll=3

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 am

I don't recall if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but there's one more thing I don't like about the new show format. Now that the "on deck" contestant is sitting in the audience section behind the Hot Seat, we only get to see her back while she does her walk-on. It was better when contestants faced the camera, walking through the archway.

Maybe the camera man with the portable camera needs to walk around to the other side of the set, to get the right angle for the shot? (But he's busy trying to get one shot after the other, the first contestant's walk-off and then the second's walk-on.)

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I don't recall if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but there's one more thing I don't like about the new show format. Now that the "on deck" contestant is sitting in the audience section behind the Hot Seat, we only get to see her back while she does her walk-on. It was better when contestants faced the camera, walking through the archway.

Maybe the camera man with the portable camera needs to walk around to the other side of the set, to get the right angle for the shot? (But he's busy trying to get one shot after the other, the first contestant's walk-off and then the second's walk-on.)
They should get rid of showing the walk-on/offs entirely.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BobMarleysGh0st
Merry Man

#8 Post by BobMarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2000- Which of these musicians was a devout follower of the Rastafarian religion?
First a Lord of the Rings question and then a shout-out to my cousin Bob! Meredith would have been puzzled why I suddenly burst out laughing at this one! 8)
I saw the shout-out, my cousin!

When am I going to see you there, mon? :P

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#9 Post by frogman042 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:I don't recall if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but there's one more thing I don't like about the new show format. Now that the "on deck" contestant is sitting in the audience section behind the Hot Seat, we only get to see her back while she does her walk-on. It was better when contestants faced the camera, walking through the archway.

How about a combo Russian Roulette Game Show exit/Austin Powers type of thing for the departing contestant?

---Jay

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm

BobMarleysGh0st wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
I saw the shout-out, my cousin!

When am I going to see you there, mon? :P
The Man--he be keepin' me down, mon! :evil:

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:

They won't. They need to fill time to stretch out the 30 minutes.