Transcript 09/19/08 Jackie Owhoso

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
rgcviper

Double Dip

#26 Post by rgcviper » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:33 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
rgcviper wrote:2. The double dip
A number of contestants this season (three by my count) have walked away without using the double dip lifeline. Did they forget they had it? Or are they required to guess after committing to using the lifeline, as in "Super Millionaire"? I only keep up with the show online since I can't watch it when it's on, so I'm curious.
Yes, Meredith has explained that if they use the Double Dip, they're committed to answering the question and can't walk away. The DD is also considered a "unitary" lifeline, meaning that you can't stop to use another lifeline (if still available) in between taking your first and second DD guess.
Thanks for the info. That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.

gsabc

Re: Double Dip

#27 Post by gsabc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 am

rgcviper wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
rgcviper wrote:2. The double dip
A number of contestants this season (three by my count) have walked away without using the double dip lifeline. Did they forget they had it? Or are they required to guess after committing to using the lifeline, as in "Super Millionaire"? I only keep up with the show online since I can't watch it when it's on, so I'm curious.
Yes, Meredith has explained that if they use the Double Dip, they're committed to answering the question and can't walk away. The DD is also considered a "unitary" lifeline, meaning that you can't stop to use another lifeline (if still available) in between taking your first and second DD guess.
Thanks for the info. That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.
When the DD was introduced for SuperMillionaire, available only upon reaching the top tier of questions, the 50/50 was still around. If a player was fortunate enough to have both, they were effectively guaranteed the next dollar amount. They could have taken the 50/50 first, leaving only two choices, immediately followed by the DD. IIRC no one ever did that, because no one had the 50/50 remaining by the time they got to the top tier, but it was possible.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

rgcviper

"Back in the day"

#28 Post by rgcviper » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:46 am

---Jay[/quote]

I am trying to remember how things were "back in the day".

I recall that the 4 answers popped up before Meredith began reading them? Is that still true? If so, then you would not be risking anything if you answered as soon as the answer appeared on the screen.

(In my recollection, I was waiting several times for Mere to finish reading so that I could tell her the answer. Probably was not the case, but . . .)[/quote]

When I still was watching the show (scheduling conflicts keep me from doing so now), both Regis and Meredith read the question from the main game that appeared onscreen. Then the answers appeared one by one as R/M read them. Now it seems like the questions are more like the fastest-finger questions from primetime, where the question appears and then all four answers show up at once.