PHP BB

Please make your requests for technical or aesthetic changes here.
danielh41

PHP BB

#1 Post by danielh41 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Are we stuck with that PHP BB creating communities logo in the upper left corner, or can we replace that with something more creative (and bored-related)?

MarleysGh0st

Re: PHP BB

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:06 pm

danielh41 wrote:Are we stuck with that PHP BB creating communities logo in the upper left corner, or can we replace that with something more creative (and bored-related)?
I think it's possible to change it. Tubadave mentioned looking into that in October, but I don't think he got a round tuit.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#3 Post by tubadave » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:06 pm

It would be extremely easy to change that, but since it was fairly low on the priority list, and since I've been busy getting my butt kicked by the holiday season, I haven't had much chance to look at it.

I'm open to any ideas (or, better yet, actual pictures) for replacing it, though.

8)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 am

tubadave wrote:It would be extremely easy to change that, but since it was fairly low on the priority list, and since I've been busy getting my butt kicked by the holiday season, I haven't had much chance to look at it.

I'm open to any ideas (or, better yet, actual pictures) for replacing it, though.

8)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:26 am

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Anything replacing the PHP logo would have to be the same size image, or the Bored view would be intolerable....

lb13

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#7 Post by tubadave » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:26 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Anything replacing the PHP logo would have to be the same size image, or the Bored view would be intolerable....

lb13
That's what Photoshop is for. :)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:15 pm

tubadave wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Anything replacing the PHP logo would have to be the same size image, or the Bored view would be intolerable....

lb13
That's what Photoshop is for. :)
The photos of the raspberries are nice, but if you're going to change the logo, dare I suggest something more "on-topic"? 8)

tanstaafl2

#9 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:41 am

I presume the raspberries reflect the proposed nickname of the bored as the raspberry bored which is itself reflecting the sign it is intended to replace.

Don't know that the nickname has really caught on yet but that is up to "history" to decide. And here history usually means what lb decides to call it in the historical record...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh