DVR/Transcript help

An index of WWTBAM transcript posts.
kusch

DVR/Transcript help

#1 Post by kusch » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:41 am

I now have a DVR for taping my shows but it is non-good for doing the transcripts. When I pause the show to do my typing there is too much whatever on the bottom of the screen that I have trouble seeing all of the question and/or all of the answers. I had to go back and go back and go back so many times to get all of the question and answers that it took me well over an hour to do the transcripts last Friday.

Any ideas?

If not resolved, I will have to ask to bow out of doing the transcripts because the time and hassle to do them. The VCR option is out as I can only watch a tape, not record.

Thanks

Shade

#2 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:21 pm

I don't know how to help, but I also have DVR. So if needed I could write transcripts now and then.

earendel

Re: DVR/Transcript help

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:19 am

kusch wrote:I now have a DVR for taping my shows but it is non-good for doing the transcripts. When I pause the show to do my typing there is too much whatever on the bottom of the screen that I have trouble seeing all of the question and/or all of the answers. I had to go back and go back and go back so many times to get all of the question and answers that it took me well over an hour to do the transcripts last Friday.

Any ideas?

If not resolved, I will have to ask to bow out of doing the transcripts because the time and hassle to do them. The VCR option is out as I can only watch a tape, not record.

Thanks
I also have a DVR and am aware of the problems with pausing. On mine it puts up the "elapsed time" bar right over a couple of the answers. I solve thie problem in two ways. First, I pause the DVR just as the question is revealed, and put it down. Then I listen for the answers and enter the last two (C and D), and pause. The A and B answers are above the "clutter" so I can enter them.

The second method is that elwing usually watches the recording with me, and she catches the answers that I miss when I put the DVR on pause.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: DVR/Transcript help

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:41 pm

kusch wrote:I now have a DVR for taping my shows but it is non-good for doing the transcripts. When I pause the show to do my typing there is too much whatever on the bottom of the screen that I have trouble seeing all of the question and/or all of the answers. I had to go back and go back and go back so many times to get all of the question and answers that it took me well over an hour to do the transcripts last Friday.

Any ideas?

Thanks
On my TiVo, after pausing, I can make the elapsed time bar go away by simply hitting the fast rewind or fast forward buttons, which skip backwards or forwards by a couple of frames but leave the picture paused. If your DVR is TiVo, that should work. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson