Getting to Chat (but not right now)

Friday Night Gender Defender!
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Getting to Chat (but not right now)

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 pm

The very top "glued" thread on the main board, posted by tubadave, includes information about the upgrade. In particular, he provides blue links to other individual threads, one of which is "Chat."

Click the link, then click the word "chat" in big letters in that post. That will take you to the "old" version of the bored. You must log in again. Once you have done that, you may click "chat" at the top of the screen, just like before. (He doesn't yet have it linked up to the new version of the board, but he's working on that, too.)
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Getting to Chat (but not right now)

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:44 pm

silvercamaro wrote:The very top "glued" thread on the main board, posted by tubadave, includes information about the upgrade. In particular, he provides blue links to other individual threads, one of which is "Chat."

Click the link. That will take you to the "old" version of the bored. You must log in again. Once you have done that, you may click "chat" at the top, just like before. (He doesn't yet have it linked up to the new version of the board, but he's working on that, too.)
Thanks. I knew I'd seen that, but forgot the whole scheme of getting into it.
Well, then

christie1111
11:11

#3 Post by christie1111 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I wonder if I can bookmark that?

I'll have to try
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Just make a bookmark for the old main bored. (You'll have to rename it, because your computer doesn't understand how you could have two boreds.)
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Well, neither do I, but as long as Dave does, we are okay!

I'll just name it the Chat Bored!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:59 pm

silvercamaro wrote:The very top "glued" thread on the main board, posted by tubadave, includes information about the upgrade. In particular, he provides blue links to other individual threads, one of which is "Chat."

Click the link, then click the word "chat" in big letters in that post. That will take you to the "old" version of the bored. You must log in again. Once you have done that, you may click "chat" at the top of the screen, just like before. (He doesn't yet have it linked up to the new version of the board, but he's working on that, too.)

Too much work for my enfeebled brain. Is there a summary of what happens in chat? Or does the gossip just stay there?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#7 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:17 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Too much work for my enfeebled brain. Is there a summary of what happens in chat? Or does the gossip just stay there?
I could tell you all the good stuff, but then I'd have to take away your avatar genie.