I'M FREEZING! non sequitur

Friday Night Gender Defender!
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

I'M FREEZING! non sequitur

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:56 pm

I could be camping right now!

In the snow!

Yeah, right. I haven't done that for 30 years, and it better be another 30...
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

gotribego26

Re: I'M FREEZING! non sequitur

#2 Post by gotribego26 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:57 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:I could be camping right now!

In the snow!
I'll take your weather over what the Greeley area got yesterday - yikes - thats plains weather, not front range stuff.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: I'M FREEZING! non sequitur

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 pm

gotribego26 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:I could be camping right now!

In the snow!
I'll take your weather over what the Greeley area got yesterday - yikes - thats plains weather, not front range stuff.
Agree!

No swapping with Greeley.

Or Windsor.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by ontellen » Fri May 23, 2008 8:59 pm

How bad was it in Greeley? We met a couple from there in Mexico in February. I was just going to email them to see if they're okay.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:02 pm

ontellen wrote:How bad was it in Greeley? We met a couple from there in Mexico in February. I was just going to email them to see if they're okay.
Very bad -- a wedge tornado.

Do E-mail your friends, let us know how they are.

gotribego26

#6 Post by gotribego26 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:02 pm

ontellen wrote:How bad was it in Greeley? We met a couple from there in Mexico in February. I was just going to email them to see if they're okay.
Most of Greeley was OK - the west edge got some damage - Windsor was hit very hard - go to the Denver Post or Rocky Mountain News sites.

The tornado that hit Windsor was one of those 300-400 yard wide storms that traveled 35 miles - Windsor was the only town it really hit. 5 Miles east or West it would have hot bigger places. Lots of Hail to.

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by ontellen » Fri May 23, 2008 9:14 pm

I just sent off the email - hope I hear from them soon. They were such a lot of fun and their daughter is getting married in August so I pray everything is okay.