FNGD Q3 Fri July 18 EVEN MORE HAMILTONS

Friday Night Gender Defender!
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

FNGD Q3 Fri July 18 EVEN MORE HAMILTONS

#1 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 pm

I liked this ?.

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

B - Linda Hamilton wound know--- in fact she could chronicle it, I think. After the second movie about machines from the future with Austrian accents, this name rose ffrom about #250 to #50 as a name given to American boy babies. And has stayed there.

G - Napoleon got played by Marlon Brando in a 1954 movie, but this title character was played by Jean Simmons. Her character did better than his, ending as the Queen of Sweden. Her very French name became popular as a girl's name in the US, peaking at #94, some years later.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: FNGD Q3 Fri July 18 EVEN MORE HAMILTONS

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 pm

etaoin22 wrote:I liked this ?.

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

B - Linda Hamilton wound know--- in fact she could chronicle it, I think. After the second movie about machines from the future with Austrian accents, this name rose ffrom about #250 to #50 as a name given to American boy babies. And has stayed there.

G - Napoleon got played by Marlon Brando in a 1954 movie, but this title character was played by Jean Simmons. Her character did better than his, ending as the Queen of Sweden. Her very French name became popular as a girl's name in the US, peaking at #94, some years later.
Arnold

Desiree. I read that book about a dozen times when I was a kid.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#3 Post by secondchance » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Kyle

Josephine

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:17 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

Arnold

Desiree. I read that book about a dozen times when I was a kid.
And I've read Heidi about 25 times, starting from when I was a little bit younger kid, which does not explain why I can't stand Heidi as a name. I do love that hope and redemption theme.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

B: Arnold

G: Josephine
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Kyle

Christina?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Did I manage to send silvercar to bed as well?

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#8 Post by secondchance » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 pm

SportsFan68 wrote: And I've read Heidi about 25 times, starting from when I was a little bit younger kid, which does not explain why I can't stand Heidi as a name. I do love that hope and redemption theme.
Grandfather!, Grandfather!...... sniff.
Last edited by secondchance on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#9 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 pm

ah, this question will have to resurface somewhere....

B - Connor

G - Desiree

It is quite fascinating to look at the influence of pop kulch on names.

I percieve a tie.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#10 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 pm

etaoin22 wrote:Did I manage to send silvercar to bed as well?
I'm sorry. I had to go outside to make sure Lizbit wasn't up to no good. (She wasn't, either, but it didn't involve digging holes in the new grass.)
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#11 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:24 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
etaoin22 wrote:Did I manage to send silvercar to bed as well?
I'm sorry. I had to go outside to make sure Lizbit wasn't up to no good. (She wasn't, either, but it didn't involve digging holes in the new grass.)
I brought 3 cats in during the downpour 25 minutes before game time. Luckily they were ours.

2 went out again in the slight drizzle..

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#12 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

Hamilton

Burger
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 am

Q3 - NAMES, BABY, NAMES

I don't even understand the hints

Arnold - maybe?

Josephine

themanintheseersuckersuit

#14 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 pm

I married one of those, it was a long time ago and I was very young.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:

I married one of those, it was a long time ago and I was very young.
This is information I would have bet against.