A Legitimate Donald Trump Accomplishment

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
silverscreenselect

A Legitimate Donald Trump Accomplishment

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:19 pm

Whenever someone (ahem, Flock) talks to me about Donald Trump's positive accomplishments in office, I have had great difficulty finding one. His big legislative accomplishment was the tax cut for the wealthy which I don't think was very helpful to the rest of the country. But now I've found one, courtesy of a deposition he gave in his New York civil suit. The contents of the deposition were made public today. They're his words, but I have to agree with him:
Donald Trump wrote: I was very busy. I was — I considered this the most important job in the world, saving millions of lives. I think you would have nuclear holocaust, if I didn’t deal with North Korea. I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren’t elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now, if you want to know the truth.
We didn't have a nuclear holocaust during the Trump presidency and now I know why. My sincere thanks, No. 45. I'm still breathing and not glowing in the dark because of you.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mrkelley23

Re: A Legitimate Donald Trump Accomplishment

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:26 am

I know your post is just intended to be snarky, but here's a list of things I actually do believe are legitimate accomplishments by his administration:

1. Operation Warp Speed. I don't think either Obama or Biden would have accomplished the vaccine the same way, or with the same speed.

2. Forcing the nations of NATO to grow up and actually start contributing more to our mutual defense.

3. The jury is still way, way out on this one, but his administration at least tried a completely different approach in Israel. It doesn't look great right now, but at least they didn't stick with the status quo of the last 50 years, which demonstrably wasn't working. And diplomacy often takes time to simmer.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:07 pm

Mr K, thank you. Not that I'm gonna vote for him again, but ya know.
Well, then

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:36 am

Creation of the Space Force is notable. Acquiring Greenland would have been major if he had pulled it off.

Every president since Truman has managed to avoid nuclear war. I sure hope this streak continues.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:50 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:26 am
1. Operation Warp Speed. I don't think either Obama or Biden would have accomplished the vaccine the same way, or with the same speed.
His other anti-pandemic measures, such as lockdowns, mask mandates, and enormous budget deficits, were unpopular with his party's right wing. He adroitly deflected blame for them to others such as Dr. Fauci. Note that his primary opponents aren't attacking him for those decisions.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי