People

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

People

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 pm

Biden. No bueno.
Well, then

tlynn78

Re: People

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:22 pm

It'S jUsT hIs StutTer.
C'mon, man
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Silly me
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:08 am

My friend and I discussed yesterday, what we think is going on behind the scenes. They are figuring out a way for him to say, "I'm not running in 2024 because of Hunter, and wanting to support him, whatever whatever," while the decision-makers are figuring out a safe landing for Harris so she doesn't gum up the works by running. There are 4-5 other folks who would make better candidates; she just hasn't done much with her limited opportunities.

Biden implied he would be a one-term president, but I'm convinced he is still only in this thing because he thinks he's the only one who can beat Trump. If Trump were to somehow be out of the picture, I'm certain Biden would step back from the 2024 race. No one has asked me, of course.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some people in their 50s running in both major parties?

Gretchen Whitmer, Amy Klobuchar, Corey Booker, Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Chris Christie. Fun for all.

I do suggest to longtime conservatives who don't want to vote for Trump, not to sit it out completely, but to check out whoever is the Libertarian candidate. They have been a great landing spot for traditional conservatives, these past 20-30 years. I have voted for a few of them downballot.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:37 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:08 am
Biden implied he would be a one-term president, but I'm convinced he is still only in this thing because he thinks he's the only one who can beat Trump. If Trump were to somehow be out of the picture, I'm certain Biden would step back from the 2024 race. No one has asked me, of course.
Gavin Newsom is already running for President without running for President. I'm old enough to remember the 1968 election when Gene McCarthy pretty much forced LBJ's hand by getting into the race early. Newsom won't do that, nor will any other mainstream Democrat. (RFK, Jr. isn't a serious rival for the nomination and has no respect within the party.) But 75% of Democrats want someone other than Biden to run. I don't think Biden's too feeble; I think that the right-wing PR machine, aided by the mainstream media to some extent, is focusing on any stutter by Biden as "proof" that he's senile. (Biden is only two years older than Trump.) And his personal style is too laid back to counter that effectively.

Kamala Harris would be Biden's natural successor, but she has her own problems. They won't get on her about being too old, of course, and some of the criticism is veiled sexism and racism. But, as Skoop says, she doesn't impress people as being presidential. It's as if George Bush had decided to step down in 1992 and Dan Quayle became the candidate. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing some polls come out in the next couple of months seeing how Harris and/or Newsom fare against Trump and other possible Republican candidates.

As the 2022 elections showed, Republicans have a lot of problems, not just with Trump but with other issues like abortion and gun violence in which their fallback positions are at odds with the majority of the population. Those problems won't go away, whether Trump is there or not.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:33 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:08 am
My friend and I discussed yesterday, what we think is going on behind the scenes. They are figuring out a way for him to say, "I'm not running in 2024 because of Hunter, and wanting to support him, whatever whatever," while the decision-makers are figuring out a safe landing for Harris so she doesn't gum up the works by running. There are 4-5 other folks who would make better candidates; she just hasn't done much with her limited opportunities.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some people in their 50s running in both major parties?

Gretchen Whitmer, Amy Klobuchar, Corey Booker, Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Chris Christie. Fun for all.

I do suggest to longtime conservatives who don't want to vote for Trump, not to sit it out completely, but to check out whoever is the Libertarian candidate. They have been a great landing spot for traditional conservatives, these past 20-30 years. I have voted for a few of them downballot.
I vote for Klobuchar.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:08 pm

I think the libmedia is beginning to turn on Biden because it's getting harder and harder for them to ignore the falling house of cards. I don't believe he'll be the nominee in '24
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:11 pm

There's that
Well, then