Tell Me Wearing a Mask is a Political Stunt

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

Tell Me Wearing a Mask is a Political Stunt

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 am

Without actually telling me wearing a mask is a political stunt.

https://www.thefp.com/p/american-anti-w ... ists-cheer

Bunch of losing cheering on Iran.

>>>"The crowd, all wearing black N95s "<<<

The author exaggerates a little. I spotted a few without masks and some are wearing masks of different colors.

jarnon

Re: Tell Me Wearing a Mask is a Political Stunt

#2 Post by jarnon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am

I hope these crazies remain a tiny minority. There’s a vast difference between protesting Israel’s attack on Gaza and cheering for Hamas and Iran. And as Spock often points out, the woman in the “Protect Trans Kids” t-shirt would be stoned in Iran.

OTOH I’m heartened by an instance of sanity in Washington: the House will vote this week on aid to Israel and Ukraine.

What is the significance of the N95 masks? Are you suggesting that people who wear masks are on the political fringe?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 pm

jarnon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am
I hope these crazies remain a tiny minority. There’s a vast difference between protesting Israel’s attack on Gaza and cheering for Hamas and Iran. And as Spock often points out, the woman in the “Protect Trans Kids” t-shirt would be stoned in Iran.

OTOH I’m heartened by an instance of sanity in Washington: the House will vote this week on aid to Israel and Ukraine.

What is the significance of the N95 masks? Are you suggesting that people who wear masks are on the political fringe?
I wouldn't say on the "fringe" but if a mask is worn for Covid-19 protection, other than someone at severe risk, I'd say they are more likely on the left than the right side of the spectrum. Though I doubt anyone at the protest were wearing a mask for Covid protection. Rather just protrection from identification.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 am

It’s not a “political stunt.” They are still worried about catching Covid. I think their risk assessment is poor.
But it’s not for show, despite what you think.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 am
It’s not a “political stunt.” They are still worried about catching Covid. I think their risk assessment is poor.
How do you know? Risk assessment as in...?
Well, then

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Well I feel much better about you calling me a racist as you clearly have zero discernment of human behavior.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Weyoun

#7 Post by Weyoun » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:04 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Well I feel much better about you calling me a racist as you clearly have zero discernment of human behavior.
Just thinking what my eyes tell me.

I see all sorts of people at work who are incredibly overly cautious about their healthcare. They do fit certain demographic profiles. “Young, slightly overweight, glasses, dyed hair, and very liberal” is definitely a person I see at work check in with a medical problem and they’re gonna be wearing an N 95 mask. We’re not talking about the Palestine situation, so it’s not for political performance.

They are doing it cause they’re still quite panicky about Covid, even though I don’t think they should be.

I let them be of all the things out there, this is nothing to be unhappy about. On the other hand, trying to mansplain to everyone that the death of George Floyd was justified, and my eyes tell me you’re probably a bigot. But thanks for bringing us back to that wonderful thing.

Weyoun

#8 Post by Weyoun » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:05 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm
Weyoun wrote:
The latest Covid strain is not terrible. So if they catch Covid, maybe not a big deal?

But then I don’t know their home situation. Maybe a loved one is immunocompromised. So I don’t question them about that benign choice, unlike some of the meatheads here.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:47 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:05 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm
Weyoun wrote:
The latest Covid strain is not terrible. So if they catch Covid, maybe not a big deal?

But then I don’t know their home situation. Maybe a loved one is immunocompromised. So I don’t question them about that benign choice, unlike some of the meatheads here.
I guess you could posit that as a benign choice, as opposed to the whole point to what they're doing. In light of all the other risky, as in bullshit, endeavors that are transpiring.
Well, then