Let it speak for itself

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
silverscreenselect

Re: Let it speak for itself

#226 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm
You have no right to judge how Israel or Netanyahu is waging this war. Especially based on their remembrance of what was done to their people a mere 75 years ago.
Like Bob and jarnon, I happen to be one of "their people." So it's especially upsetting for me to see Netanyahu using this war as a political tool to boost the standing of his party and to take an attitude that's liable to make even more enemies for Israel and lead to even more of a spike in worldwide anti-semitism. And that's something that does affect me. The US was there for Israel when Iran launched its major attack a couple of weeks ago. And they're there for Israel with the passage of the aid package. But we shouldn't turn a blind eye to a government that doesn't seem to have any plan for resolving this war. My guess is that a lot of Hamas fighters, especially the higher ups, have already headed for the hills in other countries. And they'll return, or others just like them will return once things have died down until the next time.

And it's ironic you talk about what would happen if my daughter were taken. Because the people whose sons and daughters were taken are among those most upset with how little Netanyahu is doing to get the hostages back.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#227 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:51 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 pm
SSS, why are you pro Hamas?
It is possible to be horrified at what Hamas did on October 7 and also be horrified by the way the Netanyahu government is executing the war in Gaza.
No. Hamas has not yet been exterminated. The Palestinian people are learning an important lesson.
Yes. The lesson is that in the eyes of the Netanyahu government, their lives (including the lives of non-combatants and children) are worthless. I don't think we should be helping to teach that lesson.

Our country has been asked to help the Israeli government with this campaign. That gives us the right to speak up. In the opinion of this Jew, it also gives us the moral obligation to do so. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#228 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am

For once it would be nice if just one of you leftists would answer a specific question asked of you.

How would you wage this war against Hamas? What the fuck would you do?

All you ever do is deflect. I get that you don't like Netanyahu. That is as apparent as your knee-jerk hatred for trump. That is not an answer. Tell us what you would do. You won't, because you can't. You never can.

The ONLY answer is to pursue Hamas wherever they are and destroy their organization completely. They have shown by their actions they do not belong in the civilized world. Israel will not be creating any more enemies, they are only outing the ones that already exist but have hidden it. People like you. People who give their support to the inhuman terrorists that planned, perpetrated and enthusiastically carried out the Oct 7 atrocities.

And still no condemnation of the anti-Semitic protests by the leftists on this bored.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#229 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am
For once it would be nice if just one of you leftists would answer a specific question asked of you.

How would you wage this war against Hamas? What the fuck would you do?

All you ever do is deflect. I get that you don't like Netanyahu. That is as apparent as your knee-jerk hatred for trump. That is not an answer. Tell us what you would do. You won't, because you can't. You never can.
Set up refugee camps in cleared areas of Gaza, or even in the Negev (Bibi’s extreme colleagues will never agree to the latter). Move noncombatants to the West Bank. Create a multinational peacekeeping force to maintain order in the pacified areas. If I can think of ways to protect civilians while eradicating Hamas, I’m sure experts can devise even better ones.
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am
And still no condemnation of the anti-Semitic protests by the leftists on this bored.
jarnon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am
I hope these crazies remain a tiny minority. There’s a vast difference between protesting Israel’s attack on Gaza and cheering for Hamas and Iran. And as Spock often points out, the woman in the “Protect Trans Kids” t-shirt would be stoned in Iran.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#230 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 am

One thing that bothers me is that we get few specific details about what is going on in Gaza. A couple of months ago, there was a tragic incident when three hostages escaped and got out of the tunnels. They were holding white flags and were unarmed, but Israeli troops shot and killed them. The incident was widely publicized, and there was an official investigation. I find it hard to imagine that the one and only time that Israeli troops were too trigger-happy was when the targets were escaped hostages rather than Palestinian civilians. My guess is that these incidents happen more often and just get swept under the rug by officials.

flockofseagulls104

#231 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Set up refugee camps in cleared areas of Gaza, or even in the Negev (Bibi’s extreme colleagues will never agree to the latter). Move noncombatants to the West Bank. Create a multinational peacekeeping force to maintain order in the pacified areas. If I can think of ways to protect civilians while eradicating Hamas, I’m sure experts can devise even better ones.
Well, once again, the world is missing out on your superior intellect and knowledge of everything.

They need you to go to Israel and sort out, one by one, who are the non-combatants and who are not. They surely wouldn't be any threat to you, because you could, through your innate ability, know their thoughts and motives. Then you can direct them to their new home, and get some fine people from many countries to watch over them. All without any risk to you. I'm sure it will be easy for you. And you could probably finance and organize it all by yourself.

It is sad that you weren't available for all other wars. So many people would have been saved. I'm sure Israel hasn't thought or considered those things, because Israel has always been aggressive and belligerent to everyone and always interested in killing all Palestinians from the river to the sea. They reward the families and martyrs that manage to kill any Palestinian. They are indiscriminate murderers, rapists and baby killers. Oh, wait. Sorry. I had a Biden moment.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#232 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 pm
Well, once again, the world is missing out on your superior intellect and knowledge of everything.

They need you to go to Israel and sort out, one by one, who are the non-combatants and who are not. They surely wouldn't be any threat to you, because you could, through your innate ability, know their thoughts and motives. Then you can direct them to their new home, and get some fine people from many countries to watch over them. All without any risk to you. I'm sure it will be easy for you. And you could probably finance and organize it all by yourself.
Israel has no need of my guidance. They ruled millions of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza for over 25 years and Palestinian residents of Israel (now also in the millions) for over 75 years. They’re capable of doing all this themselves.

As for my exaggerated sense of my own brilliance, you got me there. Want to see my Palestine peace plan, with maps? And do you recall my offer in 2019 to redraw U.S. state boundaries?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#233 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Israel has no need of my guidance. They ruled millions of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza for over 25 years and Palestinian residents of Israel (now also in the millions) for over 75 years. They’re capable of doing all this themselves.

As for my exaggerated sense of my own brilliance, you got me there. Want to see my Palestine peace plan, with maps? And do you recall my offer in 2019 to redraw U.S. state boundaries?
Sorry. I got you mixed up with trollboy, who usually responds to any post I make within minutes......

You probably wouldn't do as good a job as trollboy, since you probably don't know everyone's motivations by osmosis like he does.

flockofseagulls104

#234 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm

silverscreenselect

#235 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm
Israel is not going to drop nukes on Gaza anymore than anyone is going to order the military to perform a coup.
So, let me see if I understand you, Flock. The population of Gaza is approximately 2,000,000. So you're okay with killing 30,000 innocent civilians to get rid of Hamas because it's all Hamas's fault. But you're not okay with two million. So where would you draw the line. 50,000; 100,000; 500,000, a million? I'd like to know what the maximum acceptable number of civilian casualties are that you can blissfully blame on Hamas.

flockofseagulls104

#236 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm
Israel is not going to drop nukes on Gaza anymore than anyone is going to order the military to perform a coup.
So, let me see if I understand you, Flock. The population of Gaza is approximately 2,000,000. So you're okay with killing 30,000 innocent civilians to get rid of Hamas because it's all Hamas's fault. But you're not okay with two million. So where would you draw the line. 50,000; 100,000; 500,000, a million? I'd like to know what the maximum acceptable number of civilian casualties are that you can blissfully blame on Hamas.
Geez, you are a joke.

Instead of deflecting with bullshit, tell me your solution, trollboy. Hope it's better than jarnon's.

Weyoun

#237 Post by Weyoun » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

So what are we arguing about here?

I think we all agree that what Hamas did was terrible.

I think we also all agree that Israel has a right to exist, only because everywhere else they go, people people have tried to kill them

But that does not give them carte blanche to do whatever they want to do whatever in Gaza. I think how they proceeded has been just proportion and a mistake. It’s also apparently done nothing to free hostages.

Flock, I realize you’re the stupidest person here, but you understand how some of us would view that as actually the pro Israeli position?

The other thing we apparently disagree on is that pro Palestinian protesters at a campus is not a national crisis. I suspect flock is of the thought that, like senator cotton, these folks need to be murdered.

I don’t think this protest is especially important, despite what Fox News says, and I’m willing to let it play out. It’s not gonna change policy. And I certainly don’t think anyone needs to be shot over it. None of this makes me an anti-Semite.

flockofseagulls104

#238 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

But that does not give them carte blanche to do whatever they want to do whatever in Gaza. I think how they proceeded has been just proportion and a mistake. It’s also apparently done nothing to free hostages.
Ok, doc. Stupid little me wants to know this. If somehow you were to replace Netanyahu, what would you do? Apparently, you think you know more about the situation and have more experience and historical, tactical and strategic knowledge than he does. And you know he's doing it all wrong. Go to it and tell us how you would defend Israel and the Jewish people against their enemies.

flockofseagulls104

#239 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm

More to come.

Count on it. doc doesn't think these people who hate jews are of any concern. Krystalnacht was probably only covered by Fuchs Nachtrichten back then.

silverscreenselect

#240 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm
More to come.

Count on it. doc doesn't think these people who hate jews are of any concern. Krystalnacht was probably only covered by Fuchs Nachtrichten back then.
You'll find lots more vulgar graffiti at just about every college campus in America. And in case it hasn't sunk in after the hundredth time someone said so, referring to the Netanyahu's government's tactics as genocide is not anti-semitism. Here's another image from the Emory protests that the mainstream media forgot to cover:

silverscreenselect

#241 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 pm

Jewish Group Applauds Pro-Palestinian Campus Protesters
Newsweek wrote:As pro-Palestinian protesters at colleges across the country face condemnation and backlash from political leaders and media pundits, Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) and some Jewish-American politicians are voicing their support for the ongoing demonstrations.

Critics say the demonstrators are "antisemitic" or promoting "antisemitism," saying that the pro-Palestinian movements on campus make Jewish students feel unsafe. While chants and actions that many view as antisemitic have occurred at some of these protests, many demonstrators say they are merely calling for a ceasefire and the end to the killing of Palestinians. More than 34,000 Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched its war in Gaza following Hamas' October 7 attack.

JVP, which describes itself as the largest progressive Jewish anti-Zionist organization in the world, voiced support for the campus demonstrations in comments to Newsweek. "We applaud the courage and determination of students all over the country who are peacefully protesting for an end to U.S. support to the Israeli military and calling on their own universities to divest from the Israeli military," JVP's executive director Stefanie Fox said in an email. Fox said that "countless Jewish students" are part of the protests. "It is not antisemitic to protest the actions of the Israeli government which is waging a genocidal campaign on Gaza," she said.

Speaking to CNN on Sunday, Senator Bernie Sanders, a Vermont independent who is Jewish, voiced support for the protests as well. "Right now, what Netanyahu's right-wing, extremist and racist government is doing is unprecedented in the modern history of warfare. They have killed in the last six-and-a-half months 33,000 Palestinians, wounded 77,000, two-thirds of whom are women and children," Sanders said. "They have destroyed over 60 percent of the housing. They have destroyed the health care system. They have destroyed the infrastructure, no electricity, very little water. And, right now, we are looking at the possibility of mass starvation and famine in Gaza," he added. "When you make those charges, that is not antisemitic. That is a reality."

IfNotNow, which describes itself as a movement of American Jews organizing our community to end U.S. support for Israel's apartheid system and demand equality, has been advocating for a ceasefire as well. "As a movement of American Jews, we refuse to let the Israeli military carry out these atrocities in our names & with our tax dollars. #CeasefireNOW," the group wrote on X last week.
I guess these people must not be real Jews, since you're such an expert on anti-semitism, and Trump is such an expert on who's a real Jew.

Weyoun

#242 Post by Weyoun » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 am

Is “Krystalnacht” an ill-advised fast food promotion?

Anyway, no one saying there aren’t antisemites, or that among the pro Palestinian movement, there is an unusual element of animus toward Judaism, which is why the same folks don’t seem to give two shits about Darfur.

I concede all of that. My point is, I don’t think sending the National Guard to murder them is going to help anything, or be appropriate

flockofseagulls104

#243 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 am

Anyway, no one saying there aren’t antisemites, or that among the pro Palestinian movement, there is an unusual element of animus toward Judaism, which is why the same folks don’t seem to give two shits about Darfur.

I concede all of that. My point is, I don’t think sending the National Guard to murder them is going to help anything, or be appropriate
Gee, the National Guard is going to murder people now? You've got several screws loose. But don't take it personally, after all, I'm pretty stupid.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#244 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Weyoun wrote:
My point is, I don’t think sending the National Guard to murder them is going to help anything, or be appropriate
Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#245 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm
Weyoun wrote:
My point is, I don’t think sending the National Guard to murder them is going to help anything, or be appropriate
Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

--Bob
You aging 60's people are yearning to relive the past when you were relevant. Fighting fights that no longer exist and completely blind to the real issues of today that you caused and are causing.

flockofseagulls104

#246 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:16 pm

Flock, I realize you’re the stupidest person here
Just want to set the record straight. I always monitor the standings to ensure I am the second stupidest person here. Joe Mays, the guru of Sub-Mediocrity, (who keeps track of such things) has assured me I am firmly in second to last place in bored smartness standings.

silverscreenselect

#247 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 am

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 am
All the responses to my observation that the leftists on the bored have no opinion or concern about the rampant anti-semitism that is raging in this country were specifically ad hominem against me.
Here's a very recent example of anti-semitism in this country:
Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote:Antisemitism is wrong, but I will not be voting for the Antisemitism Awareness Act of 2023 (H.R. 6090) today that could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing the Gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified by the Jews,
The notion that "the Jews" were responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus is one of the oldest anti-semitic tropes out there. Nice of MTG to give it some more traction.

flockofseagulls104

#248 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:06 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 am
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 am
All the responses to my observation that the leftists on the bored have no opinion or concern about the rampant anti-semitism that is raging in this country were specifically ad hominem against me.
Here's a very recent example of anti-semitism in this country:
Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote:Antisemitism is wrong, but I will not be voting for the Antisemitism Awareness Act of 2023 (H.R. 6090) today that could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing the Gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified by the Jews,
The notion that "the Jews" were responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus is one of the oldest anti-semitic tropes out there. Nice of MTG to give it some more traction.
According to the Gospels in the Bible, written by 2 contemporaries of Jesus and 2 close 'biographers', a small group of Jewish leaders at the time were threatened by Jesus's popularity. The Romans (Pilate) did not believe he had the authority to sentence Jesus to death, but did so on the authority of those Jewish leaders. However, the vast majority of his followers, and all of His disciples, were Jewish. True Christians do not hold the Jewish people responsible for the crucifixion, just as we don't blame the Italians. It was ordained by God.

What MTG is concerned about is that the new definition of anti-semitism can be (and by recent precedence, will be) construed by some as anti-Christian. A series like 'The Chosen', that depicts the history of the events leading up to the crucifixion, can be, by the literal interpretation of this new definition, used to charge the producers of anti-semitism. And that could be true of any historical narrative of the event.

Based on the reaction of people like trollboy to MTG's opinion, that alone shows she is making a valid point.

BackInTex

#249 Post by BackInTex » Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am

Weyoun wrote:

In your mind, is there only two choices? Send the National Guard out to murder or let the protesters continue to break the law?

As a former member of the National Guard, your understanding of its role and the people that serve and your attitude towards them is absolutely disgusting. I can only assume you support the pro-Hamas protesters and their methods.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Weyoun

#250 Post by Weyoun » Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am
Weyoun wrote:

In your mind, is there only two choices? Send the National Guard out to murder or let the protesters continue to break the law?

As a former member of the National Guard, your understanding of its role and the people that serve and your attitude towards them is absolutely disgusting. I can only assume you support the pro-Hamas protesters and their methods.
Stop acting like you are offended, you snowflake drama queen. Did I say that the role the National Guard was to shoot people? No. But there are some folks, like Senator Cotton, who are strongly suggesting that perhaps that should be done. Your bitching should be directed to those who think that of that service - folks on your side of the issue.