Trump

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Weyoun

Re: Trump

#26 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:26 pm

I’m not sure how one would prove that this wouldn’t have happened had Trump been president.

For example, Trump was certainly being a bully to Iran. There’s no proof that it caused them to curtail their activities anywhere else. Perhaps a more even handed president could’ve brought them more into the international community, heading off any assistance they might give Hamas. But I doubt it either way. They’re long-term allies of Hamas.

Being a bully does not guarantee that others will comply. I’m a bully to flock, but he continues to post his horse cum commentary here either way.

And I would point out that Bush, who invaded the Middle East, was president when Hamas launched their last salvo against Israel, around 2005 or so.

Same goes for Putin and Ukraine. There’s no proof that Trump, who was hopelessly compromised by Putin, would’ve stopped an invasion of Ukraine. He was trying to dismantle NATO, after all, which is now an incredibly important institution given that invasion. And oddly all these people that support him are convinced that he would withdraw any support from Ukraine, which doesn’t really sound like a guy who would stand up to Russia.

Crises happen. That’s life. It happens to every presidency. If you want to criticize Biden for how he’s responded to this, go ahead, I’m listening, but I can’t really fault him for the fact that he was president when two long-term foes decided to go out for the umpteenth time.

BackInTex

#27 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:26 pm
I’m not sure how one would prove that this wouldn’t have happened had Trump been president.

For example, Trump was certainly being a bully to Iran. There’s no proof that it caused them to curtail their activities anywhere else. Perhaps a more even handed president could’ve brought them more into the international community, heading off any assistance they might give Hamas. But I doubt it either way. They’re long-term allies of Hamas.

Being a bully does not guarantee that others will comply. I’m a bully to flock, but he continues to post his horse cum commentary here either way.

And I would point out that Bush, who invaded the Middle East, was president when Hamas launched their last salvo against Israel, around 2005 or so.

Same goes for Putin and Ukraine. There’s no proof that Trump, who was hopelessly compromised by Putin, would’ve stopped an invasion of Ukraine. He was trying to dismantle NATO, after all, which is now an incredibly important institution given that invasion. And oddly all these people that support him are convinced that he would withdraw any support from Ukraine, which doesn’t really sound like a guy who would stand up to Russia.

Crises happen. That’s life. It happens to every presidency. If you want to criticize Biden for how he’s responded to this, go ahead, I’m listening, but I can’t really fault him for the fact that he was president when two long-term foes decided to go out for the umpteenth time.
How was Trump compromised by Putin?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:45 pm
That may be the funniest thing you've said on this Bored.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#29 Post by Weyoun » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:26 pm

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/12/21/ho ... -business/

This is a pretty good, and disturbing, discussion of how over leveraged Trump was, and how dependent, that he was on Russian investors.

Foreign Policy is historically not a partisan magazine. I will warn you - this is a several paged article and not a YouTube video.

The “golden shower” stories may just be that, but Trump has been a bad businessman for years and needed money from places like Russia and the Middle East to stay solvent.

BackInTex

#30 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:58 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Your sense of humor is as sophisticated as your taste in bourbon.

Again, how was Trump compromised by Putin.......if Biden was not compromisted by Ukraine? Just as much evidence, actually more real and substantial eveidence the Bidens (and therefore Joe) were paid for "something" other than getting to have dinner, drinks, drugs, and sex with Hunter.
Weyoun wrote: This is a pretty good, and disturbing, discussion of how over leveraged Trump was, and how dependent, that he was on Russian investors.

Foreign Policy is historically not a partisan magazine. I will warn you - this is a several paged article and not a YouTube video.

The “golden shower” stories may just be that, but Trump has been a bad businessman for years and needed money from places like Russia and the Middle East to stay solvent.
First off, I appreciate the warning about tihs not being a YouTube video. Very kind of you.

I was able to find a Cliff Notes version. It apperars that Putin is nowhere in the mix. IF Trump was compromised by anyone it would be the Russian Mob, but throughout the conjecture filled article are plenty of legal caveagts to prevent any slander suits.
Kriss told Bloomberg’s O’Brien that he eventually left Bayrock because he became convinced that the firm was a front for money laundering.
Kriss didn't even know if they were laundering money. And he was inside.
Precisely where Bayrock’s other money came from remains unclear.
A 2017 report by Reuters, citing public documents, interviews and corporate records, also found that at least 63 Russians or people with Russian addresses bought nearly $100 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded Florida luxury buildings.
but not one named Putin.
Even Trump’s sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have admitted that Russians supplied the Trump Organization much of its capital needs.
yet none named Putin.
What remains unclear is whether Trump was compromised
In November 2015 Sater promised Cohen in an email he could get “all of Putin’s team to buy in” on the Moscow deal, and that in turn would highlight Trump’s business skills and get him elected. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote. “I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected.”

But apparently those deals didn’t happen. Nor did any meeting with Putin occur
just a nuthin' burger.
But the issue is not so much what the Trump Organization did in Russia—not much as it turns out, apart from co-owning the Miss Universe contest—but rather what Russians were doing for Trump back in America, Lapidus said. “The quid quo pro has to be in there somewhere,” Lapidus said. “Trump could not get money here. He found Russia, and the Russians gave him a lot of money. He has got to be doing a quid pro quo. It’s just logical. It’s just too much money.”
If this is sound logic, then Biden is compromised as well. But you don't seem to think Biden is, so Trump must not be.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:45 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:58 am
BackInTex wrote:

Again, how was Trump compromised by Putin.......
It was my taste in rum that I talked about, not bourbon.

I won't say that Trump was compromised by Putin as much as he was enthralled by him. Putin is what Trump wants to be, a strongman who is an actual strong man, not a blob of orange goo. The amount of sucking up Trump did at Helsinki was disgusting.

Putin knows that his only real hope of winning the Ukraine war is if Trump gets elected. That will cut off the aid to Ukraine in minutes, probably in exchange for some nebulous agreement to "negotiate" in the future.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:50 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:58 am
BackInTex wrote:

Again, how was Trump compromised by Putin.......if Biden was not compromisted by Ukraine? Just as much evidence, actually more real and substantial eveidence the Bidens (and therefore Joe) were paid for "something" other than getting to have dinner, drinks, drugs, and sex with Hunter.
Weyoun wrote: This is a pretty good, and disturbing, discussion of how over leveraged Trump was, and how dependent, that he was on Russian investors.

First off, I appreciate the warning about tihs not being a YouTube video. Very kind of you.

I was able to find a Cliff Notes version. It apperars that Putin is nowhere in the mix. IF Trump was compromised by anyone it would be the Russian Mob, but throughout the conjecture filled article are plenty of legal caveagts to prevent any slander suits.
Kriss told Bloomberg’s O’Brien that he eventually left Bayrock because he became convinced that the firm was a front for money laundering.
Kriss didn't even know if they were laundering money. And he was inside.
Precisely where Bayrock’s other money came from remains unclear.
A 2017 report by Reuters, citing public documents, interviews and corporate records, also found that at least 63 Russians or people with Russian addresses bought nearly $100 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded Florida luxury buildings.
but not one named Putin.
Even Trump’s sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have admitted that Russians supplied the Trump Organization much of its capital needs.
yet none named Putin.
What remains unclear is whether Trump was compromised
In November 2015 Sater promised Cohen in an email he could get “all of Putin’s team to buy in” on the Moscow deal, and that in turn would highlight Trump’s business skills and get him elected. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote. “I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected.”

But apparently those deals didn’t happen. Nor did any meeting with Putin occur
just a nuthin' burger.
But the issue is not so much what the Trump Organization did in Russia—not much as it turns out, apart from co-owning the Miss Universe contest—but rather what Russians were doing for Trump back in America, Lapidus said. “The quid quo pro has to be in there somewhere,” Lapidus said. “Trump could not get money here. He found Russia, and the Russians gave him a lot of money. He has got to be doing a quid pro quo. It’s just logical. It’s just too much money.”
If this is sound logic, then Biden is compromised as well. But you don't seem to think Biden is, so Trump must not be.
C'mon, man. These irredeemable idiots will swear til their dying day that naked-as-a-jaybird Biden has the finest clothes in all the land.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

earendel

#33 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:23 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:28 am
earendel wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:54 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:11 pm
Whether you leftist whackos want to acknowledge it or not, we are one false move away from WWIII on SEVERAL fronts. And it's the Biden administration's weakness and just plain incompetence that has brought us here. And all you guys can focus on, as always, is Donald Trump.
Just to be clear, are you suggesting that Hamas attacked Israel because of "the Biden administration's weakness and just plain incompetence"?
I believe he is, and I agree. Lot's of factors played into it, but had Biden shown better support for Israel (not just after they were attacked) and not allowed Iran to get hands on $4B (or at least to budget for it), no, I don't think the attack would have happend.
I think it is mor likely that the attack was the result of the internal disputes within the Israeli government, with Bibi trying to reduce, if not eliminate, the power of the Supreme Court, and the waves of protests that have been ongoing for months. Hamas may have figured that this would be a good time to attack.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Weyoun

#34 Post by Weyoun » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Ah yes, the two classic responses when presented with facts:

1) "But what about Biden"

and

2) "Bless your heart"

Keep up the stellar work