Arrrgh

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
tlynn78

Arrrgh

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:31 am

The frustration of trying to have a dialog with someone is exhausting. I was trying to discuss issues of Healthcare with someone (a reasonably articulate, presumably educated person) and her bottom line is, "I just refuse to believe we can't give everyone in our healthcare system first priority. I started to ask her to say that again, slowly. But then thought...naww
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Arrrgh

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:51 am

I don't even understand the statement. Coverage? First in line for all medical issues? What? Because coverage doesn't mandate speed...
Well, then

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:51 am
I don't even understand the statement. Coverage? First in line for all medical issues? What? Because coverage doesn't mandate speed...
Right? And the convo arose from discussing a mutual acquaintance who was brushed off/misdiagnosed for two years before getting a rather dire prognosis. So she was accessing healthcare, just had a stupid doctor. Just illustrative of trying to have a reasonable discussion with some liberal-minded people
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:40 pm

Yipes
Well, then