Liz Cheney

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Liz Cheney

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:18 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:13 am
People like you don't give a rat's ass that Biden's policies are destroying our country, as long as the Orange Man isn't in power. It would serve you well to spend a bit of time among the people of Wyoming; it might clear your head.
No, we just find it impossible to take seriously anyone who tries to say with a straight face that the policies of a moderate Democratic President are "destroying the country" but the election of someone who incited an insurrection (as found by a Colorado court on a full factual record after a trial on the merits) is just fine and dandy. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:18 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
People like you don't give a rat's ass that Biden's policies are destroying our country, as long as the Orange Man isn't in power. It would serve you well to spend a bit of time among the people of Wyoming; it might clear your head.
No, we just find it impossible to take seriously anyone who tries to say with a straight face that the policies of a moderate Democratic President are "destroying the country" but the election of someone who incited an insurrection (as found by a Colorado court on a full factual record after a trial on the merits) is just fine and dandy. --Bob
You are lost. Biden is letting in unvetted people by the thousands, from those poor, impoverished countries like Syria, China, and other enemies to America. When, not if, we suffer another terrorist attack on our own soil, you can pat each other on the back if you can stand the blood on your hands.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:58 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:46 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:15 pm
There is a small group of people, indoctrinated by well-funded and powerful people who want to 'fundamentally change' this country, who have been thoroughly propagandized into believing that anyone who disagrees with any of their false narratives is a 'conspiracy mongering goon' or whatever label they come up with on any given day. Very hate-absorbed people.
I hesitate to use the word "hate" under any circumstances, but it truly bothers me that a man who is very open about his disdain for the norms that have served as the foundation of this republic, instilled doubt in the democratic process itself that led to the January 6 insurrection/riot/peaceful protest (pick your term), and poses an existential threat to the Constitution itself is not only tolerated but embraced by the majority of Republicans both in and out of power can still hold such sway. Call it Derangement Syndrome if you like, but to me, opposing the 45th President is just merely patriotism.
You left out something important. He has said in so many words that if elected he will act as a dictator. Given the preparations he's making, I believe him. --Bob
I take back what I said; you aren't just lost, you are an irredeemable idiot.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:20 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:46 am
I hesitate to use the word "hate" under any circumstances, but it truly bothers me that a man who is very open about his disdain for the norms that have served as the foundation of this republic, instilled doubt in the democratic process itself that led to the January 6 insurrection/riot/peaceful protest (pick your term), and poses an existential threat to the Constitution itself is not only tolerated but embraced by the majority of Republicans both in and out of power can still hold such sway. Call it Derangement Syndrome if you like, but to me, opposing the 45th President is just merely patriotism.
You left out something important. He has said in so many words that if elected he will act as a dictator. Given the preparations he's making, I believe him. --Bob
I take back what I said; you aren't just lost, you are an irredeemable idiot.
Don't take my word for it. He said it to Hannity. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:22 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:47 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
You are lost. Biden is letting in unvetted people by the thousands, from those poor, impoverished countries like Syria, China, and other enemies to America. When, not if, we suffer another terrorist attack on our own soil, you can pat each other on the back if you can stand the blood on your hands.
So you xenophobically believe that every single immigrant from those countries is a would-be enemy of America (instead of someone who shares American values and is seeking to escape the oppression of their home countries), but you're perfectly fine with putting a toadying Russian asset in the Oval Office. You also think that our country is so weak that a single attack, if it occurs, will destroy us. The evidence is clearly to the contrary, but you do you.

And you wonder why no one with any sense can take you seriously. --Bob

Weyoun

#31 Post by Weyoun » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
You don’t care about mass causalities, or you would actually care about gun control. You just feel weird around brown people.

tlynn78

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:30 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:25 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
You don’t care about mass causalities, or you would actually care about gun control. You just feel weird around brown people.
You are a fecking moron. Do you think terrorists give a single shit what color you are? Am I mis-remembering - did only white folks die on 9/11? I'm guessing you meant casualties as opposed to causalities? If you wipe the spittle off your screen you might sound less rabid.

tlynn78

#33 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:22 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
So you xenophobically believe that every single immigrant from those countries is a would-be enemy of America (instead of someone who shares American values and is seeking to escape the oppression of their home countries), but you're perfectly fine with putting a toadying Russian asset in the Oval Office. You also think that our country is so weak that a single attack, if it occurs, will destroy us. The evidence is clearly to the contrary, but you do you.

And you wonder why no one with any sense can take you seriously. --Bob

I can't imagine why you'd assume I spend any time at all wondering any such thing - never occurred to me, actually. You wouldn't recognize sense if it bit you.

Weyoun

#34 Post by Weyoun » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:58 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:30 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

You are a fecking moron. Do you think terrorists give a single shit what color you are? Am I mis-remembering - did only white folks die on 9/11? I'm guessing you meant casualties as opposed to causalities? If you wipe the spittle off your screen you might sound less rabid.
The terrorists who came to the country for 9/11 came through standard immigration channels.

What does the southern border have to do with them? Is there any evidence that folks from El Salvador want to murder Americans?

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:58 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

The terrorists who came to the country for 9/11 came through standard immigration channels.

What does the southern border have to do with them? Is there any evidence that folks from El Salvador want to murder Americans?
There is no point in trying to educate the leftists on this bored. They yearn to remain ignorant. Their only beneficial contribution is to show the rest of us the insanity that has infected them.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#36 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Under Trump, a total of 11 individuals on the terrorist watch list were found to have come in over the southern border. Just from October last year to September of this year, that number is at 169. This is according to that bastion of MAGA support, The New York Times.

tlynn78

#37 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:37 pm

Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

There is no point in trying to educate the leftists on this bored. They yearn to remain ignorant. Their only beneficial contribution is to show the rest of us the insanity that has infected them.
Completely true, but I sometimes can't help myself in the face of such determined stupidity.

BackInTex

#38 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:00 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:37 pm
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm
Weyoun wrote:

Completely true, but I sometimes can't help myself in the face of such determined stupidity.
He wants so bad that the reason we think different than him is that we are reacist, homophobic, or some slur. But in reality, he is just wrong on the positions and he can't think through why>
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#39 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:40 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:36 pm
Under Trump, a total of 11 individuals on the terrorist watch list were found to have come in over the southern border. Just from October last year to September of this year, that number is at 169. This is according to that bastion of MAGA support, The New York Times.
No, the 169 refers to people who were caught at the border trying to come into the country. The fact that Trump only caught 11 indicates greater screening on the part of the current administration.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#40 Post by Weyoun » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:40 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
No, the 169 refers to people who were caught at the border trying to come into the country. The fact that Trump only caught 11 indicates greater screening on the part of the current administration.
That, plus the fact that, it’s out of hundreds of thousands of people, so what exactly is the issue? These same folks will tell us that only a few folks, out of hundreds of thousands of people, shoot up schools, so what’s the big deal? Lock and load - it is what Jesus would want.

tlynn78

#41 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:22 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Yup, willfully stupid.

tlynn78

#42 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:23 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:51 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
That, plus the fact that, it’s out of hundreds of thousands of people, so what exactly is the issue? These same folks will tell us that only a few folks, out of hundreds of thousands of people, shoot up schools, so what’s the big deal? Lock and load - it is what Jesus would want.
You should seek professional help.

earendel

#43 Post by earendel » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
But only on Day 1.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Weyoun

#44 Post by Weyoun » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 pm

earendel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
But only on Day 1.
The Civil War was pretty intense and stuff, with slavery such an existential issue to the meaning of this Republic.

I am still trying to figure out what the existential issue is that would drive these Trumpers to shred our Constitution.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#45 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Caveat- I'm not voting for trump. The dictator shit, eh whatever.

There is an existential threat at the border. Least of which is economic. Big of which is the sovereignty of our nation. "Brown" people? I never considered Chinese as brown people. Nor do I give a rat's ass what color you are.
I don't think the border crisis will be fixed in our lifetime. Can has been kicked too often.
Well, then

BackInTex

#46 Post by BackInTex » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:33 pm

There is an existential threat at the border.
We’re way beyond existential. It’s clear and present.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#47 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:47 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:33 pm
Caveat- I'm not voting for trump. The dictator shit, eh whatever.

There is an existential threat at the border. Least of which is economic. Big of which is the sovereignty of our nation. "Brown" people? I never considered Chinese as brown people. Nor do I give a rat's ass what color you are.
I don't think the border crisis will be fixed in our lifetime. Can has been kicked too often.
The problem isn't at the border. Most of the undocumented entered the country legally. They simply overstay their visas.

So given that these are people whom we don't mind having in the country in the first place, and given the current economy in which there's a significant labor shortage, why is the continued presence of these people a problem at all, much less a threat to the country (existential or otherwise).

Remember, for more than the first half of our country's existence, we didn't restrict immigration at all. That doesn't seem to have threatened our existence. I'd say it was a considerable net benefit. The restrictions started with the blatantly racist Chinese Exclusion Act. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#48 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:39 pm

I give up.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#49 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:39 pm
I give up.
Beebs,
I hate to pile on to you, but I am flummoxed by your decision not to vote for trump under any circumstances. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you do not share the narratives that the usual suspects on this bored cling to. So, if trump does turn out to be the nominee, why are you surrendering your vote to them?
One of the reasons we have two extreme leftist Senators in Georgia, and by extension, why the democrat party holds the Senate, is because many people did what you are saying you will do. Because they didn't like Walker. Because they didn't like Loeffler. So they gave it to Saint Ossoff and Warnock.
Please explain why you would do that.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#50 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:45 pm

Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:39 pm
I give up.
Beebs,
I hate to pile on to you, but I am flummoxed by your decision not to vote for trump under any circumstances. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you do not share the narratives that the usual suspects on this bored cling to. So, if trump does turn out to be the nominee, why are you surrendering your vote to them?
One of the reasons we have two extreme leftist Senators in Georgia, and by extension, why the democrat party holds the Senate, is because many people did what you are saying you will do. Because they didn't like Walker. Because they didn't like Loeffler. So they gave it to Saint Ossoff and Warnock.
Please explain why you would do that.
My give up was in response to bob#.

With that said I don't think Trump is normal. As in reasonable and sane.
He's a megalomaniac and doesn't help any progress in keeping world sanity. Not that there's anyone else, but we need to decide that.
Well, then