About My Thoughts on a possible Civil War

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

About My Thoughts on a possible Civil War

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:44 pm

I am just a dumb redneck with absolutely no power or official position.

But when President Biden throws around (on multiple occasions) the possible use of f-15's against American citizens and a US Congressman (Eric Swalwell) even talks about using nuclear weapons against fellow Americans musing about possible strengths and weaknesses of each side starts to cross my mind.

I do the same thing with China VS US. I like to think (and learn) about each side's strengths and weaknesses. In the US V China case-I start with Space (the high ground) and work down from that.

jarnon

Re: About My Thoughts on a possible Civil War

#2 Post by jarnon » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:07 pm

Biden is talking about banning assault weapons. He says that when the Second Amendment was written, one rationale for an armed citizenry was to defend against an authoritarian government. However, today, civilians with AR-15s can’t fight an army with F-15s. It’s meant to be an absurd example, not a plausible scenario. Yet you keep claiming the left is envisioning civil war.

As for foreign countries, the military has plans for every contingency they can imagine. (Remember how surprised Trump was to learn this?) Scholars and think tanks do too.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:11 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:07 pm
Biden is talking about banning assault weapons. He says that when the Second Amendment was written, one rationale for an armed citizenry was to defend against an authoritarian government. However, today, civilians with AR-15s can’t fight an army with F-15s. It’s meant to be an absurd example, not a plausible scenario. Yet you keep claiming the left is envisioning civil war.

As for foreign countries, the military has plans for every contingency they can imagine. (Remember how surprised Trump was to learn this?) Scholars and think tanks do too.
He says that when the Second Amendment was written, one rationale for an armed citizenry was to defend against an authoritarian government.
Then he should amend the Constitution rather than violating it, don't you think?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:38 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:07 pm

You don't have to fight the F-15's. You fight the pilots, ground crews and their families. (Yes, it would get very ugly) And that is granting you the very big assumption that the pilots and ground crews and such go with Biden's team.

But I am just a dumb redneck. What do I know? But when the President throws around his F-15's, you at least have to think about it a little.

BTW-How did our fancy planes work out in Afghanistan?

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 pm

From Snopes:
'Hot Mic' Supposedly Catches Biden Threatening To 'Wage War on Texas' with F-15 Fighter Jets

On Jan. 15, 2024, former TV judge Joe Brown of the "Judge Joe Brown" show reposted (archived) a video on X (formerly Twitter) that appeared to feature an audio recording of U.S. President Joe Biden caught on a "hot mic" while talking about an issue involving Texas and illegal immigration across the U.S.-Mexico border. In the video, a muffled voice somewhat resembling Biden's can be heard saying the words, "We're going to make sure those cowboys don't stop the surge of military-aged men from entering. If we have to send F-15s to Texas there and wage war against Texas, so be it." The person pictured in the bottom half of the video was TikTok user @tennmountainviews. A review of that user's account showed that the person had subsequently either deleted or hidden the video, perhaps after being told multiple times by commenters that the supposed Biden audio was likely fake.

The same clip was reposted numerous other times on TikTok and X. We also found further reposts on former U.S. President Donald Trump's social media platform, Truth Social, as well as on Facebook and Instagram. However, we have yet to uncover any evidence that would suggest Biden ever said these words. Many users who commented under postings of the video suggested that the audio of Biden talking was likely generated by an artificial-intelligence (A.I.) tool. For example, under a popular TikTok repost of the video, one user commented, "This is clearly A.I. by the speed and clarity and emphasis on odd words. Biden does enough terrible things we don't need to make stuff up." Another person asked, "Is that AI? I agree with Texas but Biden doesn’t speak that clearly."

Not only did the vocals in the video seem very much like they were generated by A.I., but the words spoken seemed to have been conjured up by someone with a partisan interest in misleading online users. Again, the two sentences spoken were, "We're going to make sure those cowboys don't stop the surge of military-aged men from entering. If we have to send F-15s to Texas there and wage war against Texas, so be it." The idea of Biden (or any U.S. president) seriously speaking about ordering U.S. military aircraft to attack or intimidate U.S. citizens is far-fetched, to say the least.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2024/01/18/ ... 1705624800

You can come out from under your bed now, Spock. The F-15s and the kudu are gone.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 pm

SSS>>"You can come out from under your bed now, Spock. The F-15s and the kudu are gone."<<<

Just like you. Pick a random thing with absolutely no relevance..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... government

>>>""I love my right-wing friends who talk about the tree of liberty is water of the blood of patriots," he said. "If you need to work about taking on the federal government, you need some F-15s. You don't need an AR-15."<<<

Remind me again, how did our f-15's work in Afghanistan against rifles?

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 pm

I find it hilarious that Spock, who fancies himself the Great White Hunter and drools over Vladimir Putin's macho recruitment videos, spends so much time quaking in his boots worried about roving bands of Antifa communists supported by squadrons of F-15s launched from Grand Forks Air Force Base coming after him.

And you'll note that Biden didn't talk about using F-15s against anyone; he just said that if they wanted to take on the Federal government, they would need F-15s. And judging by the lack of success that heavily armed "patriots" have had in showdowns with the police and FBI like Ruby Ridge, Ammon Bundy, and Waco, standard police weaponry seems to do just fine.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:58 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 pm
I find it hilarious that Spock, who fancies himself the Great White Hunter and drools over Vladimir Putin's macho recruitment videos, spends so much time quaking in his boots worried about roving bands of Antifa communists supported by squadrons of F-15s launched from Grand Forks Air Force Base coming after him.
You're just a funny guy.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:14 am

Your belief that you’re so important that people want to kill you with million dollar machines is so adorable.

You know, since you keep bringing up my work, one thing about it is that I see all sorts of people from all sorts of walks of life. White, black, urban, rural, etc. I find something interesting and humanizing about all of them.

That’s why I don’t want bad things to happen to them, nor do I fantasize about it. They are people, too.

But apparently, out on your turnip truck, you don’t have much else to keep yourself occupied, and you don’t see anyone who is different from you. You read a lot of poison online, and next thing you know, you think all these strangers want to hurt you. Most of them are just trying to get by.

Weyoun

#10 Post by Weyoun » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:16 am

It’s pretty sad. You go from zero to “I hope you die” in a matter of seconds. See that comment you made about my child, hoping he would die, or be seriously injured from a vaccine. “That escalated quickly!” to quote Mr Burgundy. I think if you had met my son, who is a wonderful, awesome kid, you would never thought such a disgusting thing. Or maybe you would have, and I’m selling you short.

Spock

#11 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:30 pm

Regarding the supposed poison I read online as Weyoun says.

ROFLMAO-

I guess, if you consider this winter's internet time suck to be poison-I guess you got me.

Drumroll, please. That internet time suck is my systematic listening to "The School of War" podcast that ranges from Xenophon to Artificial Intelligence.

And then there are my internet doppelgangers over at Frontier Partisans.

SSS derives no end of pleasure about my activities there.

Re-my lack of contact with different cultures. Spent much time in the African Bush with rural (Black and White) Africans-Have Ya? I am approaching a month at this point.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:30 pm
Spent much time in the African Bush with rural (Black and White) Africans-Have Ya? I am approaching a month at this point.
Have you spent time in the African Bush with rural black Afiricans or just spent time with those who live and work in close proximity to the places you stay on your hunting trips. People in the hospitality industry quickly learn how to talk to guests.

Spock

#13 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:57 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm
Spock wrote:
Spent much time in the African Bush with rural (Black and White) Africans-Have Ya? I am approaching a month at this point.
Have you spent time in the African Bush with rural black Afiricans or just spent time with those who live and work in close proximity to the places you stay on your hunting trips. People in the hospitality industry quickly learn how to talk to guests.
My guys are farm workers and hunters and trackers and such. They are real people whether you agree or not. I doubt if there are very many Americans who have had the privilege of seeing a "Sour Milk Store" as I call it. I consider that the most "African" thing I have ever seen.

I regret not taking good pictures of it. Milk sitting out for 5 to 10 days in the sun and dust in large garbage containers as a lot of people in Namibia apparently like sour milk with their porridge. There were at 10 vendors at the roadside pull-off selling this delicacy.

Just because your travel experiences are mainly canned cruises doesn't mean everybody else's are

Mrs Spock had a hard time eating eggs in Namibia because we repeatedly saw the farm workers' chickens eating on the gut piles. Apparently, we didn't eat those eggs as ours came from the farm managers penned up flock-but she still had trouble with it. Not exactly a canned tourism experience.

Spock

#14 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:40 pm

I am going to add one more story about Namibia-only because Weyoun has accused me of harboring fantasies about hunting for blacks. He has some very dark corners of his mind-that one.

Our Namibian Professional Hunter (PH) was a Black Namibian and was with us when we spent a couple of days in Etosha National Park prior to the hunt. He was with us for all meals and such.

Most of the tourists in the park were White Europeans and it was interesting to note that for every meal in the park we were the only ones eating with a Black man.

I have written before about him and the marble and my brush with African spiritualism (or whatever it was) that raised the hair on the back of my neck.

If I have time later-I have been musing about something related to the potential Civil War that is the original topic of this thread.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:21 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:57 pm
Spock wrote:
My guys are farm workers and hunters and trackers and such.
Of course, they're real people. But did you get in your jeep one day and drive around until you found them or were they conveniently close to wherever you were staying?

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:30 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:21 pm
Spock wrote:

Of course, they're real people. But did you get in your jeep one day and drive around until you found them or were they conveniently close to wherever you were staying?
You really just can't help yourself, can you?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:42 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:30 pm
Spock wrote:

Just say the garbage that you want to say, and get it out of the way.

Spock

#18 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:16 pm

I have been musing about something today and I don't why I am bothering to share it here as it will certainly open me up to attacks-but whatever, I found this thought process interesting.

I am going to start with the stipulation that, of course, I am talking about Joe Average citizens and not any war gaming and such that the government may have done.

I will start by admitting that I fully believe that the Red Team (my side) has done far more serious thinking about a Civil War than the Blue Team. There, everybody can start by getting their pearl clutching and panty wadding and such out of the way.

Reasoning:

It is very common for internet trollboys to show up on general conservative and Second Amendment sites with some variation of the old chestnut that we have seen here dozens of times. And that is "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with Rifles."

Now this raises certain questions that the trollboys never answer. The most important one is: "Why do you think the military would be on your side?" and various permutations of that such as "How would the the military split (or not) in a Civil War situation?"

Because of the constant trollboy assault with the same basic crap-I think the Red Team has thought pretty seriously about how the military might break in a Civil War situation and I don't think we would be surprised at any possible iteration of where the military might go.

Conversely, I think Blue Team with its simplistic "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with rifles" outlook would be very shocked if the military doesn't go 100% Blue Team.

I could do more-but you catch my basic point.

Spock

#19 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:42 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:30 pm

Just say the garbage that you want to say, and get it out of the way.
As Weyoun says-pure, rhetorical genius in action.

I just remembered one special attraction that was specially arranged for our entertainment in South Africa in 2023. We were driving near a property boundary and a young Afrikaaner father driving on an adjoining property stopped his truck-grabbed his young daughter out and whooped her ass. I thought that was a nice touch they arranged for us.

Then there was our interaction with the lodge manager in Namibia in 2021. She did stay there and generally ate meals with us and such and she will be forever known in our family as "Blondiie" and she was about 40 YO. I think she spoke my favorite sentence that I have ever heard in my life. "All my husbands and all my boyfriends played rugby."

Then there were our interactions with a sometimes drunk, South African commercial fisherman who, we strongly suspect has dropped dead bodies of bad guys overboard at sea in areas with a lot of crabs. He was an especially colorful guy who I am thankful that was arranged for our entertainment. One time, he wasn't happy with the risks his wife had taken in coming home after dark in Cape Town-He was gone at sea then. He told her-"You get raped, we are getting divorced." (Aids and all that, obviously) I wonder what it cost the outfitters to have him come and play his act for us.

wbtravis007

#20 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:16 pm
I have been musing about something today and I don't why I am bothering to share it here as it will certainly open me up to attacks-but whatever, I found this thought process interesting.

I am going to start with the stipulation that, of course, I am talking about Joe Average citizens and not any war gaming and such that the government may have done.

I will start by admitting that I fully believe that the Red Team (my side) has done far more serious thinking about a Civil War than the Blue Team. There, everybody can start by getting their pearl clutching and panty wadding and such out of the way.

Reasoning:

It is very common for internet trollboys to show up on general conservative and Second Amendment sites with some variation of the old chestnut that we have seen here dozens of times. And that is "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with Rifles."

Now this raises certain questions that the trollboys never answer. The most important one is: "Why do you think the military would be on your side?" and various permutations of that such as "How would the the military split (or not) in a Civil War situation?"

Because of the constant trollboy assault with the same basic crap-I think the Red Team has thought pretty seriously about how the military might break in a Civil War situation and I don't think we would be surprised at any possible iteration of where the military might go.

Conversely, I think Blue Team with its simplistic "Ha, Ha, Losers, You can't fight the US Military with rifles" outlook would be very shocked if the military doesn't go 100% Blue Team.

I guess I’d better put a Trump sign up so y’all won’t try to come in my house and kill me and my family.

But, I guess I’ll also have to figure out something to save us from the Communists, seein’s how we are conservatives in rural Texas and what not.

Man. You’ve really got to be nimble these days!

I swannee!

Spock

#21 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:58 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am
Spock wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:16 pm

Reasoning:

I guess I’d better put a Trump sign up so y’all won’t try to come in my house and kill me and my family.

But, I guess I’ll also have to figure out something to save us from the Communists, seein’s how we are conservatives in rural Texas and what not.

Man. You’ve really got to be nimble these days!

I swannee!
Pearls before swine. I didn't say anything about killing your family. I was engaging in a thought exercise about how people think about how the military might act in a Civil War situation. Which since you guys throw around the military all the time is a natural thought process to enter.
Last edited by Spock on Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spock

#22 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 am

I am getting really tired of SSS's shtick that on a trip to the AFRICAN bush, every possible detail is intricately arranged to fool Spock. That falls into the internet meme of: "Tell me you don't know how things work in the African bush, without actually telling me that you don't know how things work in the African bush.

Sorry, asshole, that is not how things work in the bush and it ain't a frickin' cruise. Now, admittedly, the type of African trip, you and your ilk would engage in would likely be a pretty canned experience.

You know how often Professional Hunters see their wives during the season? They basically don't. The business model is to drop one group at the airport and pick us up and do our thing and, then, take us to the airport and pick up the next group the same day. Yeah, lots of time there to arrange special details to fool the Spocks.

One of our guys this year sees his wife at the conclusion of each hunt as she works in the outfitter's office where you go to settle up and so forth.

Now, IIRC, he did have a few days off after us this year (late June 2023), but after that he was booked through mid-October. The other guide's wife was meeting him at the airport for supper and to bring him a few things. I teased him about finding a secluded corner of the airport and doing the husband/wife thing.

Then in the winter (our winter) they are often over here away from their families working Sportsmen's shows and such.

It is common for hunters to bring things like school supplies to villages where the kids are ecstatic to get things like pencils. I am sure in SSS's world that is all an act and there is a fully equipped, modern school hidden where the hunters don't see it. What a dark, cynical and yet polly-annish world-view he has.

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:44 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 am
It is common for hunters to bring things like school supplies to villages where the kids are ecstatic to get things like pencils. I am sure in SSS's world that is all an act and there is a fully equipped, modern school hidden where the hunters don't see it. What a dark, cynical and yet polly-annish world-view he has.
So, the hunters, who pass out goodies to the locals, decide which villages to stop along the way. How long do you think those villagers would keep getting those goodies if they didn't put on a good show for people like you? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's entertainment, just like the Polynesian cultural center Mrs. SSS and I visited on our trip to Hawaii was staged entertainment. But I didn't mistake it for an authentic Polynesian experience.

I know that the vast majority of the "experiences" I had on my trips to the Caribbean and Central America were staged. We took a jungle tour in Honduras where we happened to stop at a "local" restaurant. I know darn well that the restaurant was carefully selected to be sure Mrs. SSS and I had a good experience.

One simple question. On all your excursions, did you ever have the opportunity to go off on your own exploring whatever you wanted to see without someone guiding you to the native villages?

jarnon

#24 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:16 pm

Spock, nobody on the left is envisioning a civil war, and thinking about what the U.S. military would do and who would win. As I posted earlier, Biden’s comment is explaining why the 18th century notion of armed civilians fighting an authoritarian regime isn’t relevant today. He juxtaposes AR-15s with F-15s to make it a bit humorous. Yet you keep posting about a potential civil war, and inform us that it’s a topic of conversation on right-wing websites.

The Civil War was fought to preserve the Southern economy and culture, which were dependent on slavery. What is the goal of a civil war today? Is it to impose conservative values and restrict abortion, immigration, LGBT rights, etc.? Or is it to split America into two countries? I fear that a divided country would be weaker and unable to stand up to our enemies.

I hope this speculation is limited to people like you who enjoy exploring hypothetical situations. Most Americans would rather expend their energy trying to get along better.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:28 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:16 pm
Or is it to split America into two countries? I fear that a divided country would be weaker and unable to stand up to our enemies.
I've always felt that if the South had somehow won the Civil War, we wouldn't have two Americas today. We'd have a half dozen or more with different factions finding ever less compelling reasons to split off from the others.