I Want to Go Home

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

I Want to Go Home

#1 Post by Spock » Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am

I think I have landed in an alternate universe where history started on 10/8/2023.

I come from a time prior to that date and in my world the vast majority of Palestinians have hated Israel (rightly or wrongly) for decades. And on October 7, 2023, the Palestinians acted on that hatred in the most brutal manner possible.

Faced with a raft of bad choices, Israel chose (rightly or wrongly) to invade Gaza in response to that brutal massacre. Everything Israel has done since 10/7 (rightly or wrongly) has been in response to that brutal massacre and that always needs to be kept in mind.

But, apparently, in this 10/8/2023 world , that I find myself in-the Palestinians have long held moderate views on Israel, until for no reason at all-Israel invaded Gaza and thus made a whole bunch of peace-loving Palestinians hate Israel.

I see evidence of this alternate universe in posts here and in countless interviews on the subject etc etc.

It is just a weird place that I find myself in and I want to go home.

tlynn78

Re: I Want to Go Home

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:50 am

Spock wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am
I think I have landed in an alternate universe where history started on 10/8/2023.

I come from a time prior to that date and in my world the vast majority of Palestinians have hated Israel (rightly or wrongly) for decades. And on October 7, 2023, the Palestinians acted on that hatred in the most brutal manner possible.

Faced with a raft of bad choices, Israel chose (rightly or wrongly) to invade Gaza in response to that brutal massacre. Everything Israel has done since 10/7 (rightly or wrongly) has been in response to that brutal massacre and that always needs to be kept in mind.

But, apparently, in this 10/8/2023 world , that I find myself in-the Palestinians have long held moderate views on Israel, until for no reason at all-Israel invaded Gaza and thus made a whole bunch of peace-loving Palestinians hate Israel.

I see evidence of this alternate universe in posts here and in countless interviews on the subject etc etc.

It is just a weird place that I find myself in and I want to go home.
Nothing about it is the least bit funny, but the part where both sides chant F*#k Joe Biden is kind of poetic.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Sun May 05, 2024 9:15 pm

I found an article by another person who was here prior to October 8, 2023. There seem to be a few of us here. She is a Jewish student at Bates College.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... es-college

Of most interest to those here for whom history started in October 8, 2023, I think will be her story of what happened at...

<<<"Kfar Aza is a kibbutz 2 kilometers from the border with Gaza—a left-leaning kibbutz whose members, ironically, had built beautiful bonds with people from Gaza over the years."<<<<<

But as she quotes Golda Meir ""“You cannot negotiate peace with someone who has come to kill you.”

And on October 7, 2023, people came to kill the peaceful people of Kfar Aza.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 pm

Spock wrote:
While Israel's actions may have been in response to the massacre, that doesn't give them a blank check to do anything they want in response. History didn't begin on October 8, but neither did a new international law on war crimes.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 pm
Spock wrote:
While Israel's actions may have been in response to the massacre, that doesn't give them a blank check to do anything they want in response. History didn't begin on October 8, but neither did a new international law on war crimes.
So, we have international laws on war crimes?

Exactly what consequences have Hamas and Gaza (and actually Iran) been subjected to by the executors of the 'international laws on war crimes' for overwhelmingly violating their supposed laws? Maybe we need to wait for a trial? War Crimes Council v Hamas? Or maybe they should be fined?

Unfortunately, it is devolving into War Crimes Council v Israel. Just like it always has been in the U.N. Lawfare on a global scale.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am
Exactly what consequences have Hamas and Gaza (and actually Iran) been subjected to by the executors of the 'international laws on war crimes' for overwhelmingly violating their supposed laws?
I assume you're being ironic, because you know Hamas is an internationally recognized terrorist organization, supporting Hamas (such as donating to a charity that is a Hamas front) is illegal in most countries, and Hamas leaders are frequent targets of drones. As for Iran, ask the generals who visited their embassy in Damascus last month.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 am

jarnon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 am
Exactly what consequences have Hamas and Gaza (and actually Iran) been subjected to by the executors of the 'international laws on war crimes' for overwhelmingly violating their supposed laws?
I assume you're being ironic, because you know Hamas is an internationally recognized terrorist organization, supporting Hamas (such as donating to a charity that is a Hamas front) is illegal in most countries, and Hamas leaders are frequent targets of drones. As for Iran, ask the generals who visited their embassy in Damascus last month.
Good point, jarnon. And how is that working? Hint: take a look at our college campuses.
Is it so hard for you to understand that Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran simply do not play by the rules of international law and are using it against the civilized world?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 am

Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 am
jarnon wrote:
Good point, jarnon. And how is that working? Hint: take a look at our college campuses.
Is it so hard for you to understand that Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran simply do not play by the rules of international law and are using it against the civilized world?
Thanks for pointing that out to me Flock. I was unaware that dozens, if not hundreds, of Hamas operatives had escaped Gaza and managed to go undercover as students at Columbia, USC, and other colleges.

And in case it escaped your attention, in nearly every war since the Geneva Convention was adopted, someone has violated the rules. That doesn't excuse similar atrocities by the other side, especially against non-combatants.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 am

Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 am
jarnon wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out to me Flock. I was unaware that dozens, if not hundreds, of Hamas operatives had escaped Gaza and managed to go undercover as students at Columbia, USC, and other colleges.
You really are astonishingly naive.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:35 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 am

Naive is not the word.

Weyoun

#11 Post by Weyoun » Tue May 07, 2024 2:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

These are garden variety anticapitalist American wackos who have been doing this stuff for years. Are you saying they would be working at McDonalds, but for Hamas finding them out and giving them money to camp out at universities? Wouldn't Hamas do something a little more effective with that cash (or just abscond with it)?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 07, 2024 3:19 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:44 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

These are garden variety anticapitalist American wackos who have been doing this stuff for years. Are you saying they would be working at McDonalds, but for Hamas finding them out and giving them money to camp out at universities? Wouldn't Hamas do something a little more effective with that cash (or just abscond with it)?
Drill down on SJP and accompanying groups. Fellows, et al. Been around for decades. Also Soros is funding stuff thru open society whatever it is.
SJP has a long cobweb of associations.
Well, then