Another Real Republican Endorses Biden

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
tlynn78

Re: Another Real Republican Endorses Biden

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:15 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm

That's part of what he's on trial for in Georgia and Washington, DC.
Really? IF they thought he incited an insurrection why were charges not brought immediatly in 2021, or even 2022? Why wait until 2023? That's rhetorical. I know the answer.
Because this stuff takes a while? The Tree of Life shooting (gunman with easy access to gun murdered old people because they were JewS) happened in 2018, and he wasn't convicted or sentence until 2023. Federal trial, BTW.
Yes, but the charges were brought against him long before 2023. Like, within days of the shooting.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#27 Post by Weyoun » Tue May 07, 2024 4:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm
Weyoun wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Really? IF they thought he incited an insurrection why were charges not brought immediatly in 2021, or even 2022? Why wait until 2023? That's rhetorical. I know the answer.
Because this stuff takes a while? The Tree of Life shooting (gunman with easy access to gun murdered old people because they were JewS) happened in 2018, and he wasn't convicted or sentence until 2023. Federal trial, BTW.
Yes, but the charges were brought against him long before 2023. Like, within days of the shooting.
And yet it still took a while despite the evidence being immediately available. Thanks for making my point, sweetums.

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:45 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:25 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

And yet it still took a while despite the evidence being immediately available. Thanks for making my point, sweetums.
I think the point is way, way beyond you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 07, 2024 4:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:55 pm
President Trump did not incite an insurrection, otherwise he would have been charged and convicted, I'd hope.

Facts
Well, maybe because they knew that whenever they indicted Trump, Republicans would say it was politically motivated, so they tried to assemble an airtight case first. And for what it's worth, plenty of Democrats criticized Merrick Garland for dragging his feet on the investigation before he appointed the special prosecutor. Things moved much more rapidly after that.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#30 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:51 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Talk about your non sequiters...
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 pm

Tue May 07, 2024 4:46 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Well, maybe because they knew that whenever they indicted Trump, Republicans would say it was politically motivated, so they tried to assemble manufacture an airtight a semi-believable case first. And for what it's worth, plenty of Democrats criticized advised Merrick Garland for dragging to drag his feet on the investigation before he appointed the special prosecutor, so the proceedings could influence the election. Things moved much more rapidly after that.
Fixed that whole thing for you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 08, 2024 12:31 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 pm
Who's your source? The Gateway Pundit? I hear they're very reliable.

Pastor Fireball

#33 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 am

Wed May 08, 2024 12:31 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 pm
Who's your source? The Gateway Pundit? I hear they're very reliable.
The Gasbag Pundit still exists? I thought they would be bankrupt and out of commission by now.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Weyoun

#34 Post by Weyoun » Thu May 09, 2024 7:20 am

You can NEVER indict Trump, because it will be politically motivated, whether or not he is elected, not elected, running for office.

Also, you can NEVER talk about gun control, because that would be taking advantage of a tragedy, either recent or in the distant past.

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 09, 2024 9:50 am

Former Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan announced he would not vote for Trump, saying Trump didn't have the character for the job. He wouldn't commit to voting for Biden due to policy differences. Trump responded by calling Ryan the weakest and most incompetent House Speaker in history and added that he should be fired from his position at Fox News.

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:42 am

Thu May 09, 2024 9:50 am
Former Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan announced he would not vote for Trump, saying Trump didn't have the character for the job. He wouldn't commit to voting for Biden due to policy differences. Trump responded by calling Ryan the weakest and most incompetent House Speaker in history and added that he should be fired from his position at Fox News.
Another uniparty RINO.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#37 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:38 am

Mon May 06, 2024 3:33 pm
Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan wrote:It’s disappointing to watch an increasing number of Republicans fall in line behind former president Donald Trump. This includes some of his fiercest detractors, such as U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu and former U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr, who raised eyebrows during a recent interview by vowing to support the “Republican ticket.” This mentality is dead wrong. Yes, elections are a binary choice. Yes, serious questions linger about President Biden’s ability to serve until the age of 86. His progressive policies aren’t to conservatives’ liking.

But the GOP will never rebuild until we move on from the Trump era, leaving conservative (but not angry) Republicans like me no choice but to pull the lever for Biden. At the same time, we should work to elect GOP congressional majorities to block his second-term legislative agenda and provide a check and balance. The alternative is another term of Trump, a man who has disqualified himself through his conduct and his character. The headlines are ablaze with his hush-money trial over allegations of improper record-keeping for payments to conceal an affair with an adult-film star. Most important, Trump fanned the flames of unfounded conspiracy theories that led to the horrific events of Jan. 6, 2021. He refuses to admit he lost the last election and has hinted he might do so again after the next one. Trump has shown us who he is. We should believe him. To think he is going to change at the age of 77 is beyond improbable. The healing of the Republican Party cannot begin with Trump as president (and that’s aside from the untold damage that potentially awaits our country). A forthcoming Time magazine cover story lays out in stark terms “the outlines of an imperial presidency that would reshape America and its role in the world.”

Unlike Trump, I’ve belonged to the GOP my entire life. This November, I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass.
https://www.ajc.com/opinion/geoff-dunca ... nt=9777192

It's reassuring to know that there are still a few people with principles in the Republican party like Duncan and Liz Cheney. I disagree with his comments about Biden's policies (some of which I edited out of the part of the story I quoted) but he still understands the idea of country over party, something that seems to elude Mitch McConnell, Bill Barr, and many others.
Let's not talk about the millions of democrat voters who are supporting Trump.