Transcript 12/10/07 Ross Radusky

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/10/07 Ross Radusky

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Ross Radusky
Rockaway Beach, NY
Queens College student

Full academic scholarship
20 years old
Ross wants to be a doctor

Ross still has his 50/50

$16K The 2007 teen thriller “Disturbia” was inspired by what classic Alfred Hitchcock film?
A. North By Northwest
B. Psycho
C. Vertigo
D. Rear Window

50/50 leaves B. Psycho and D. Rear Window

$25K After the thirteen original colonies, what was the first U.S. state to enter the Union?
A. Vermont
B. Ohio
C. Kentucky
D. Maine

Ross makes D. Maine his final answer
Ross leaves with $1K

Answers:
$16K D. Rear Window
$25K A. Vermont

Kazoo65

Re: transcript 12/10 Ross Radusky

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:30 pm

!6K-I saw plenty of promos for the movie when it came out. I'm pretty sure it's "Rear Window.

$25K-Thanks to my state quarter collection, I had it narrowed to Maine and Vermont. 50/50 to see which one goes away.
I'm just a game show nerd.

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:20 pm

$16K: No clue. ATA.

$25K: Collecting those state quarters do indeed pay off.

slam

Re: transcript 12/10 Ross Radusky

#4 Post by slam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:59 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:!6K-I saw plenty of promos for the movie when it came out. I'm pretty sure it's "Rear Window.

$25K-Thanks to my state quarter collection, I had it narrowed to Maine and Vermont. 50/50 to see which one goes away.
Maine, really?

A little bit of U.S. history knowledge eliminates Maine fairly easily. It came into the Union as part of the Missouri Compromise which was in 1820. I didn't know exactly which number it was (#23, I looked it up), but I knew that Maine had to much later than 14th.

Also, your state quarter collection should have helped you eliminate Maine easily also. The quarters have been issued in groups of 5 per year which means that the Vermont quarter came out 2 years before the Maine quarter did.

earendel

Re: Transcript 12/10/07 Ross Radusky

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:06 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Ross Radusky
Rockaway Beach, NY
Queens College student

Full academic scholarship
20 years old
Ross wants to be a doctor

Ross still has his 50/50
He's smart (full academic scholarship) and he wants to be a doctor. Good for him. But he's still a WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K The 2007 teen thriller “Disturbia” was inspired by what classic Alfred Hitchcock film?
A. North By Northwest
B. Psycho
C. Vertigo
D. Rear Window

50/50 leaves B. Psycho and D. Rear Window
I haven't seen the movie but I've heard this mentioned.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K After the thirteen original colonies, what was the first U.S. state to enter the Union?
A. Vermont
B. Ohio
C. Kentucky
D. Maine

Ross makes D. Maine his final answer
Ross leaves with $1K
Thanks to the US government for the state quarters.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Ross Radusky
Rockaway Beach, NY
Queens College student

We should note the opening banter for posterity. Ross talked to Meredith about her "signature move": rising slightly from her chair to reach forward and grasp both hands of the contestant, and how this made him uncomfortable. Meredith defended this move, saying how she wants to feel connected to the contestants, and Ross agreed that he would do it with her, despite his feelings. :roll:

Now that he's mentioned it, given the notorious instability of the Hot Seat, it's surprising there haven't been any accidents resulting from that move, Mere. :P

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:We should note the opening banter for posterity. Ross talked to Meredith about her "signature move": rising slightly from her chair to reach forward and grasp both hands of the contestant, and how this made him uncomfortable. Meredith defended this move, saying how she wants to feel connected to the contestants, and Ross agreed that he would do it with her, despite his feelings. :roll:
I thought Mere just wanted to show off her boobs, especially to the male contestants. :twisted:
MarleysGh0st wrote:Now that he's mentioned it, given the notorious instability of the Hot Seat, it's surprising there haven't been any accidents resulting from that move, Mere. :P
Maybe there have been and we just don't know about them. I do know that when I was in the HS and leaned over to get the water glass I almost fell out of the chair.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:00 am

16K: I only know about this because I read/saw the reviews. I have no desire to see it. Rear Window, which is not X-rated, not that Hitchcock wouldn't have wanted to be if it flew in his era, I've seen.

25K: 99.999% sure, but would 50/50 just for that extra 0.001%.