Transcript 10/17/2007 - Kate Rhindress

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/17/2007 - Kate Rhindress

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Kate Rhindress
New Hyde Park, NY
Occupation not mentioned

Meredith says the audience knows that she comes out and tells the audience that they can take the test and get the call. Kate got the call yesterday at 6PM. Kate was struggling to balance the cell phone, write down the information, and when it was over and she got on the subway she was flustered.

$100 - Which of these animals are featured in the 2007 movie "Arctic Tale"?

A - zebras
B - iguanas
C - polar bears
D - really confused camels

$200 - Frequently found hanging from nightclub ceilings, a ball covered with small mirrors is commonly called a what?

A - disco ball
B - jazz ball
C - punk ball
D - bluegrass ball

$300 - Each year, the town of Luling, Texas holds a hotly contested seed spitting contest as a festival honoring what fruit?

A - pineapple
B - pear
C - canteloupe
D - watermelon

$500 - Founded in 1931, Serta uses the slogan, "We make the world's best" what?

A - blender
B - lawn mower
C - mattress
D - smoke detector

$1K - General Norman Schwarzkopf commanded the U.S. forces during which of these armed conflicts?

A - World War II
B - Spanish-American War
C - Korean War
D - Gulf War

Kate says she'll have to ask the audience.

ATA results
A - 3%
B - 1%
C - 1%
D - 95%

Kate thanks the smart audience and goes with their answer.

$2K - In 2007, the cost of a first-class U.S. postage stamp increased to what?

A - 39 cents
B - 41 cents
C - 43 cents
D - 45 cents

Kate is torn between two of the answers. She decides to risk it, but before saying "final answer" she decides to use her 50/50, leaving B and C. She goes with her gut and makes "B" her final answer.

$4K - In a star-studded TV ad promoting tourism in California, what actor appears on a golf course saying, "Do you feel lucky? Do ya?"

A - Clint Eastwood
B - Warren Beatty
C - Dustin Hoffman
D - Al Pacino

Commercial break

$8K - "Privy" is an old-fashioned word meaning what?

A - outhouse
B - maid's quarters
C - jail
D - stable

$16K - For the title of his 2006 book, Barack Obama used what phrase from his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech?

A - Simple dreams
B - A brighter day will come
C - The audacity of hope
D - We can do better

Kate hasn't read any of Obama's writings. She decides to call her grandfather, Leonard. Leonard says he can only make a guess and says "the audacity of hope." Kate asks how sure he is but time runs out before he can answer. Kate says you only live once and decides to go with her grandfather's answer.

THE HORN!!!!!

Kate will be back tomorrow going for $25K with no lifelines remaining.

ANSWERS:
$100 - C (polar bears)
$200 - A (disco ball)
$300 - D (watermelon)
$500 - C (mattress)
$1K - D (Gulf War)
$2K - B (41 cents)
$4K - A (Clint Eastwood)
$8K - A (outhouse)
$16K - C (The audacity of hope)
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 10/17/2007 - Kate Rhindress

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kate Rhindress
New Hyde Park, NY
Occupation
Where Else?®

$8K: Never heard of this word, so I need the audience's help.

So I'm going into Thursday's show with 50:50 and PAF remaining.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 am

New Hyde Park, NY

Meredith says the audience knows that she comes out and tells the audience that they can take the test and get the call. Kate got the call yesterday at 6PM. Kate was struggling to balance the cell phone, write down the information, and when it was over and she got on the subway she was flustered.
OK, she's a WE®. Did she get the call on such short notice because someone else didn't make the show? And how does one line up PAFs on such short notice?

It's nihil obstat® for me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:35 am

earendel wrote: OK, she's a WE®. Did she get the call on such short notice because someone else didn't make the show? And how does one line up PAFs on such short notice?
I think that usually happens when the preceding batch of contestants do worse that TPTB expect and they have to round up some last minute extras. Of course, only a Where Else will get this chance, rushed and less than ideal that it is.
earendel wrote: It's nihil obstat® for me.
Me, too.

I had to leave for the annual meeting of our homeowners association before Kate came on (and my VCR was set for Kid Nation). How old was she? Pretty young, I'm guessing, if she doesn't remember the Gulf War and had her grandfather as a PAF.

MyBigFatFabulousBrain
Merry Man

#5 Post by MyBigFatFabulousBrain » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:35 am

Kate Rhindress
New Hyde Park, NY
Occupation not mentioned

Meredith says the audience knows that she comes out and tells the audience that they can take the test and get the call. Kate got the call yesterday at 6PM.

I guess when the contestants never bother to actually prepare for the show other than going on a shopping spree, there's no need to actually have some lead time between the call and the taping. Of course, you do realize how much this is going to kill the economy...

Kate was struggling to balance the cell phone, write down the information, and when it was over and she got on the subway she was flustered.

Flustered enough to realize that she wasn't actually going anywhere that evening an didn't realize until she ran up $55 in fares that she was even on the subway...

A - zebras
B - iguanas
C - polar bears

$200 - Frequently found hanging from nightclub ceilings, a ball covered with small mirrors is commonly called a what?

A - disco ball
B - jazz ball
C - punk ball
D - bluegrass ball

$300 - Each year, the town of Luling, Texas holds a hotly contested seed spitting contest as a festival honoring what fruit?

A - pineapple
B - pear
C - canteloupe
D - watermelon

A - blender
B - lawn mower
C - mattress
D - smoke detector

$1K - General Norman Schwarzkopf commanded the U.S. forces during which of these armed conflicts?

A - World War II
B - Spanish-American War
C - Korean War
D - Gulf War

If she even dares say she wasn't born when this happened, I'll be throwing heavy objects through the TV screen again. The people at Best Buy wonder why I never upgrade to high definition TV's...

ATA results
A - 3%
B - 1%
C - 1%
D - 95%

Smart my ass, this is stuff you know, dear. This only happened 16.... no wait, that couldn't have been 16 years ago... already!?!?!!?

A - 39 cents
B - 41 cents
C - 43 cents
D - 45 cents

Damn sadistic post office, and question writers. My spokesman was present for a question like this 6 years ago.... no wait, that couldn't have been 6 years ago... already!?!?!?

Kate is torn between two of the answers. She decides to risk it, but before saying "final answer" she decides to use her 50/50, leaving B and C. She goes with her gut and makes "B" her final answer.

She doesn't know this, but I'll bet she knows what that proposed tax on email is to the penny, and she's probably been paying it for the last 10 years too...

$4K - In a star-studded TV ad promoting tourism in California, what actor appears on a golf course saying, "Do you feel lucky? Do ya?"

A - Clint Eastwood
B - Warren Beatty
C - Dustin Hoffman
D - Al Pacino

If Clint would stand out in front of the green room and utter that line everytime someone's turn comes up, we'd probably scare off enough of these time wasters to actually get some real winners on this show for a change...

A - outhouse
B - maid's quarters
C - jail
D - stable

And outhouse is an old-fashioned worn meaning bathroom. How does one know this and not General Schwarzkopf?

$16K - For the title of his 2006 book, Barack Obama used what phrase from his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech?

A - Simple dreams
C - The audacity of hope
D - We can do better

E - What Are You Doing Watching The Demeocratic National Convention Anyway?

Kate hasn't read any of Obama's writings. She decides to call her grandfather, Leonard. Leonard says he can only make a guess and says "the audacity of hope." Kate asks how sure he is but time runs out before he can answer. Kate says you only live once and decides to go with her grandfather's answer.

Oh, the audacity of my hope that we were going to be starting off with a new contestant tomorrow. And speaking of audacity, just when all the possible ignorant questions from the 2004 campaign were used up, here comes a fresh batch out of the dungeon. When I take over the government, we're going to limit Presidential elections to once every 100 years. The American people deserve a few decades of peace...

Nihil Obstat®
It's sarcasm, get over it already!

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I had to leave for the annual meeting of our homeowners association before Kate came on (and my VCR was set for Kid Nation). How old was she? Pretty young, I'm guessing, if she doesn't remember the Gulf War and had her grandfather as a PAF.
Yeah, she was a twenty-something I'd guess.

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:20 pm

so far so good

She's really not young enough to not remember the 1st Gulf War, is she? She didn't look that young.

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 am

First time in ages and ages I will be looking at the 25K with all my LLs.

Shade

#9 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 am

New Hyde Park, NY
Occupation not mentioned

A - zebras
B - iguanas
C - polar bears

A - disco ball
B - jazz ball
C - punk ball
D - bluegrass ball

A - pineapple
B - pear
C - canteloupe
D - watermelon

A - blender
B - lawn mower
C - mattress
D - smoke detector

A - World War II
B - Spanish-American War
C - Korean War
D - Gulf War

ATA results
A - 3%
B - 1%
C - 1%
D - 95%

A - 39 cents
B - 41 cents
C - 43 cents
D - 45 cents

A - Clint Eastwood
B - Warren Beatty
C - Dustin Hoffman
D - Al Pacino

Commercial break

A - outhouse
B - maid's quarters
C - jail
D - stable

A - Simple dreams
C - The audacity of hope
D - We can do better

THE HORN!!!!!

Kate will be back tomorrow going for $25K with no lifelines remaining.

ANSWERS:
$100 - C (polar bears)
$200 - A (disco ball)
$300 - D (watermelon)
$500 - C (mattress)
$1K - D (Gulf War)
$2K - B (41 cents)
$4K - A (Clint Eastwood)
$8K - A (outhouse)
$16K - C (The audacity of hope)
$1K: In what parrell universe is this an easy question!??? I would have ATA
4k: would have PAF
8K: I had an idea it was Outhouse, used the 50:50 and got it right
16k: I would have known the answer to this one, am I the only one who pays attention to the best seller list?

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:29 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K - General Norman Schwarzkopf commanded the U.S. forces during which of these armed conflicts?

A - World War II
B - Spanish-American War
C - Korean War
D - Gulf War

ATA results
A - 3%
B - 1%
C - 1%
D - 95%

$1K: In what parrell universe is this an easy question!??? I would have ATA
A universe in which people learn history (or are old enough to have lived it) :lol:
Shade wrote:4k: would have PAF
Again it helps to be old - it's from "Dirty Harry", the first of a series of movies featuring Eastwood as "Dirty" Harry Callahan, a San Francisco police detective.

Shade

#11 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:42 am

Hey! I was alive during the gulf war, I was 1 at the begining and 2 at the end :D

By the way who is the BBTranscriptTeam, does he/she/they work for ABC/ValleyCrest Productions/Disney?

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 am

Shade wrote:By the way who is the BBTranscriptTeam, does he/she/they work for ABC/ValleyCrest Productions/Disney?
Goodness, no! There's a team of us who share that handle and take turns doing the transcripts. Usually, we each have one night a week, although there are others who will substitute for us when there's a schedule conflict.

We started using the shared handle on the old Bored because that made it easier for people to find all the transcripts, when we didn't have a separate forum to post them in as we do here.

Shade

#13 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 am

Oh, ok. If you ever need any help. I have DVR so I could easily write transcripts.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 am

Shade wrote: 4k: would have PAF
16k: I would have known the answer to this one, am I the only one who pays attention to....?
Shade, just a suggestion. Stop using such phrases as "Am I the only one who pays attention to..." or "Am I the only one who knows...."

The answer always is "No."

Shade

#15 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:08 am

I'm sorry, I'll stop.