Grimm

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Grimm

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:55 am

christie1111 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:But Grimm looks to be one-notey on the Bloodenbuden, or whatever their name is. The guy fighting off his natural urges with Pilates etc gets great marks for saying re the plural, "its not Bloodenbuds, its Bloodenbuden (or whatever))" with a completely straight face. At least in the show they aired. Out-takes reel on this one ought to be good. Better than the show. And with the same exemplary lighting crew!
It's Blutbad (pl. Blutbaden). And what makes you think they won't have other fairy tale monsters on different episodes? Sure, the Wieder Blutbad is stuck working with him, as his comic sidekick, but that's because Aunt Marie never took the time to explain the family calling to Nick. He needs somebody who knows the ropes!
There are different fairy tale monsters each week.
I hope they make at least occasional excursions to different cultures' traditions. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

christie1111
11:11

#27 Post by christie1111 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
It's Blutbad (pl. Blutbaden). And what makes you think they won't have other fairy tale monsters on different episodes? Sure, the Wieder Blutbad is stuck working with him, as his comic sidekick, but that's because Aunt Marie never took the time to explain the family calling to Nick. He needs somebody who knows the ropes!
If there's bunches of these blutbaden and they each eat a blond girl in a red jacket once a week or so, you'd think someone would notice.
I think the 'Little Red Riding Hood' episode is over.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ghostjmf

#28 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 am

christie1111 says:
Good plotwise, but the coming-attractions that got played last Saturday were very very very heavy on the Blutbaden.

Couple more plot-holes; it looks like head Blutbaden is not new to town but Our Hero is (Head BB says "why has he come to my town"). Except OH apparently grew up there & has come back. And OH was raised by Aunt Marie (name?) from age 12 but didn't know AM had trailer with all kinds of arcane info in it.

OH also never told girlfriend/wife(?) that AM even exists, though she raised him, which is odd unless its "that kind of relationship".

Blutbaden have suddenly, after being plagued by her for years, decided to get rid of AM by injecting her with vile green stuff, but stop when OH arrives in the room. Why? VGS won't work if OH is around? Or blondie Blutbaden (BBB) just doesn't want to tussle right then?

MarkBarrett

#29 Post by MarkBarrett » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 am

MarkBarrett wrote:I watched Grimm yesterday on On Demand. Fringe will still be the first choice on Friday nights. The Grimm debut had enough style to get me to watch again on delay, but Once Upon a Time has more promise for longer success.
After last night's series finale I could not resist resurrecting this thread. Once Upon a Time has outlasted Grimm, but even in season 6 I still watched/watch both shows. As always the lighting on Grimm was well done and the show wrapped things up nicely last night.

Grimm always had some ill-advised side plots, but through S6 there were some very good one-off episodes with the wesen of the week. Well done by the cast and writers to make it to a 6th season and wrap things up with proper notice.

ABC's Time After Time? Not so fortunate.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am

I'm not sure I would have sampled Grimm without the Bored connection, but I'm glad I did. I watched all six seasons. And the electrical work was always fabulous! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I watched Grimm yesterday on On Demand. Fringe will still be the first choice on Friday nights. The Grimm debut had enough style to get me to watch again on delay, but Once Upon a Time has more promise for longer success.
After last night's series finale I could not resist resurrecting this thread. Once Upon a Time has outlasted Grimm, but even in season 6 I still watched/watch both shows. As always the lighting on Grimm was well done and the show wrapped things up nicely last night.

Grimm always had some ill-advised side plots, but through S6 there were some very good one-off episodes with the wesen of the week. Well done by the cast and writers to make it to a 6th season and wrap things up with proper notice.

ABC's Time After Time? Not so fortunate.
I enjoyed the movie version of Time After Time a lot but I didn't see how it could become a regular series. Perhaps stretch it out a few episodes to a miniseries but the idea of Wells vs. Ripper would grow old quickly. I was right. By episode four it had morphed into a new version of Timeless complete with its own secret conspiracy.

I did have a bone to pick with the finale of Grimm. I enjoyed getting cloture on the show and bringing back a couple of familiar faces. But... I am getting tired of the idea of shows killing off major characters and then bringing them back by magic, time travel, alternate realities, and whatever. I knew as soon as more than one main character died on Grimm that they would resort to a gimmick like that and I was right. What I do like about The Walking Dead and Lost is that these shows aren't afraid to kill off popular main characters with regularity and, moreover, have them stay dead. I don't mind an occasional flashback or dream sequence but I hate the frequent "do overs" on a lot of shows.

On that subject, I have enjoyed this last season of Bates Motel (haven't seen last night's episode yet). I thought that once they killed off Norma, the show would suffer, but this season has been great. The episodes with Rihanna as Marion Crane were very well done. I'm really looking forward to how they wrap this up.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#32 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I watched this show from first episode to last. I was quite satisfied with the finale.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

christie1111
11:11

#33 Post by christie1111 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 am

My brother left this show last year but we kept watching.

Have to find something else for Friday nights.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#34 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Still trying to get chewed out again by Esto . . .

SSS wrote:
But... I am getting tired of the idea of shows killing off major characters and then bringing them back by magic, time travel, alternate realities, and whatever.
What I'm getting tired of is authors recycling villains. Worst example for me, I got Patricia Cornwell's Flesh and Blood to read in Alaska, and all it did was recycle Lucy's old nemesis, Carrie Grethen. Television shows do it too.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller